Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Modafinil cocktails

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

I thought there should be a thread where users could describe their experiences combing modafinil with other nootropics or pharmaceuticals.

First adding my 20 cents:

Modafinil+caffeine
-potentiation of effects of both stimulant
-greater anxiety
-muscle tightness
-insomnia

Modafinil+5-htp
-alert but very calm mind
-mild euphoria
-increased impulse control
-slightly blunted memory
(note: although this combination worked out great in the beginning I suspect because having a bad reaction to 5htp I later experienced extreme lethargy and foggyness)

Modafinil+theanine
-difficult to say, but theanine might take the edge off of moda
-slight drowsiness

Modafinil+nicotine
-makes tobacco much much more enjoyable
-increases concentration and memory
-enhanced motivation
-lessens nictoine's anxiogenic effect

Modafinil+SSRI (fluoxetine)
-calm focus
-insomnia (might be due to fluoxetine's stimulating nature)

Modafinil+benzodiazepine (low dose long-acting benzo)
-wierd
-lethargy
-increased mental endurance

Modafinil+ALCAR
-although I'm not very sure it seems to be a bad idea: too much nervousness and motor activity

How do you mix your moda? Shaken or stirred?
  • like x 1

#2 shamus

• 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:51 AM

hahahaha

I was looking up modafinil today, veeeerrry interested.

Anyone know anything about 'illicit cocktails'?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

Modafinil+ALCAR
-although I'm not very sure it seems to be a bad idea: too much nervousness and motor activity

Too much motor activity -- is that fidgeting, or just random twitching?

#4 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:58 PM

More like hyperactivity, inability to sit still.

#5 thereverend5

• 47 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:51 AM

How about Modafinil and various psychedelics?

#6 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

someone give me Modafinil + cannibinoids/weeds/_9THC

#7 yucca06

• 74 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

Modafinil+ALCAR

Mmmm...tried many times.
With various doses of ALCAR, and also tyrosine (from 500mg to 2g alcar, and about 500mg to 1g tyrosine)

For me, effects looks like ephedrine/caffeine. Something like 20-30mg eph+200mg caff. But without jittering and palpitations...
The good : improves concentration, light euphoria. The bad : nervousness, sweatings

#8 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

Modafinil + 100g amphetamines + botulinum toxin + uranyl hydroxide = medium fast,
very painful death with out of body experience and clear sharp focus on intellectual tasks
(only a guess)

#9 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

botulinum toxin + uranyl hydroxide

Aren't those already enough?? [lol]

#10 chemlife

• 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:29 AM

200mg Modafinil with 600mg Pramiracetam

WOW this combo is crazy. Absolutely no problem staying awake with extended sleeplessness, did a 5hr. drive after a 12hr. night shift with no problems. What did occur though is that I could not stop talking to myself, like my mind was trying to tell me 10 stories at once. I felt extremely alert but almost too aware of what was going on around me, maybe like a sensory overload. It's definitely an enjoyable experience...but I prefer sticking to just the modafinil and staying well hydrated. Feels more normal.

#11 brutale

• 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

I find modafinil does not mix well with caffeine: too much stimulation, some anxiety, and muscular tension. Fortunately, I don't feel like drinking coffee after taking provigil. I do not take provigil regularly at this point since it seems to make me somewhat irritable. Perhaps this effect is exacerbated by the ALCAR ... I've never tried provigil at a time when I was not taking at least a gram of ALCAR daily.

#12 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

If you've been taking caffeine for awhile and switched to the provigil, the irritability may be from caffeine withdrawal.

#13 brutale

• 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

Possible. I did try to take some caffeine for that very reason.

I get pretty irritable very quickly whenever I take a meaningful dose of provigil ... so, I'm comfortable with my conclusions on causation. But it may well be an idiosyncratic reaction. I may give it a try again at some point ... but I'm feeling so good ... why mess with success !

I'm certainly not a critic of provigil in general ... it is one of the few generally available nootropics with a clear, pronounced impact on cognition and wakefulness.

#14 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

Possible.  I did try to take some caffeine for that very reason.

I get pretty irritable very quickly whenever I take a meaningful dose of provigil ... so, I'm comfortable with my conclusions on causation.  But it may well be an idiosyncratic reaction.  I may give it a try again at some point ... but I'm feeling so good ... why mess with success !

I'm certainly not a critic of provigil in general ... it is one of the few generally available nootropics with a clear, pronounced impact on cognition and wakefulness.

Are you by any chance affiliated in any way with any distributors of modafinil?

You better be careful. You are exhibiting the same behavior of someone first trying a hard drug. They believe it is the best thing since sliced bread and then BAM.

#15 brutale

• 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

Oh, absolutely not. I'm not involved in any aspect of the supplement or nootropic biz.

Perhaps my point was misunderstood. I wrote that I no longer use Provigil because it makes me irritable. At the same time, it is a drug with palpable effects. Some people on this forum like it. Some people dislike it. I recognize that different people will have different reactions to the same substance. That's all.

I'm hardly a provigil cheerleader ... since I have discontinued it myself. Nor am I a huge critic like some folks. Hope that clarifies.

#16 khanzas

• 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

I find modafinil does not mix well with caffeine

This is the opposite of my experience. I've been using moda for a few weeks now, and found that a lower dose of modafinil (50-100mg depending on how early the baby woke me), combined with weaker than usual coffee twice a day is what works best for me. I don't drink coffee after 4pm generally (as I have a low tolerance for caffeine) and found that 200mg of modafinil, even when taken very early in the day, was preventing me from sleeping that night so I have settled on a bit of both.

I don't like to take the modafinil at the weekend, and will generally leave it out one day during the working week too.

So, my "cocktail" is modafinil + caffeine.
Upsides: better concentration, lower tiredness.
Downsides: More fidgety than caffeine alone. More cranky (this is my perception anyway).

edit: Interesting point about the nicotine. I used to smoke. Had forgotten how much of a stimulant it is.

#17 revnik

• 121 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

What about a low dose of Deprenyl (5 mg/week) combined with Modafinil (100-300 mg/day)?

#18 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

Regarding last post: umm, NO! Combining any kind of MAOi with something like modafinil is officially counterindicated (please read monographs of what you take) and can be dangerous.

#19 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:41 AM

How about taking it while on a Salvia trip? Freaky.

Salvinorin A has no actions at the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor according to the Wiki

#20 electric buddha

• 76 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:23 AM

are exhibiting the same behavior of someone first trying a hard drug.  They believe it is the best thing since sliced bread and then BAM.

Except that modafinil actually meets that criteria. Caffeine, in my opinion, was one of the most significant things to ever happen to human culture. I think modafinil is the precursor to something of similar significance. And I'm hardly a starry eyed new believer. I've been using it for years, and it's always met and then surpassed the hype for me.

#21 garethnelsonuk

• 355 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

Ironically, though i'm often prone to sensory overload - various combos with modafinil do not cause anything approaching one for me.

#22 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

I experimented width modafinil 200mg. Found it seemed to hinder my congnative state and cause some anxiety. After reading this thread, it may have been related to the fact that I use transdermal deprenyl 2-3 g per day. Will try without the dep. and see if experienced is different.

#23 billmcneel

• 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:09 PM

100 or 500 years ago new stimulants took decades to exhibit their effects on a culture. I agree with you about caffeine and about drugs in general. We live in an altered world, but modern revolutions in pharma and so many other sciences will quickly supersede the significance of all our past experimentations. We're riding a rocket of technology that's just starting to take off. You may well forget your name by the end of it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#24 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

Mixter: NO!,Combining any kind of MAOi with something like modafinil is officially counterindicated (please read monographs of what you take) and can be dangerous.

I haven't found any studies to this end, I have been combining Modanfinil with Deprenyl for some time and resurrected a thread based specifically on this (below). As yet no-one else has cited any proof of negative interaction, can you point out where it is "officially counterindicated" please.

http://www.imminst.o...f=169&t=7056&s=

Sentinel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users