Photo
- - - - -

DMSO

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 free

• 54 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:00 AM

Has anyone used DMSO with any success? I understand the pharmacy grade DMSO is preferred.

#2 meatwad

• 196 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

It has similar problems with ingestion of large amounts of garlic or ginger - the STANK issues make it hard to use with any regularity.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

I am interested in using DMSO cutaneously, on the skin, to carry other supplements such as
pregnenolone and resveratrol. I've read it has an amazing absorption rate.
Does anyone have experience with it in that capacity or any capacity, for that matter. TIA

#4 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

You don't need DMSO for sublingual pregnenolone. I apologize if I gave you this impression in the other thread. You just put the pill under your tongue and wait for it to dissolve.

Sublingual dosing commonly uses liquids (water, alcohol, DMSO, etc.) or solids that will dissolve in saliva. The precise dosing mechanism and carrier varies from substance to substance.

I have melatonin and pregnenolone sublingual pills and hydergine sublingual liquid.

Now back to your regularly scheduled DMSO discussion... :)

#5 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

Has anyone used DMSO with any success? I understand the pharmacy grade DMSO is preferred.

I have extensive experience using DMSO in the OzBrew, a Rogaine, MSM, DMSO, L-Arginine mixture applied to the scalp after a week of peeling off the scalp with pure DMSO applied at least several times a day. Yes, the stuff does make you smell and taste garlic. But the amount is dose dependent. There is only one pharmaceutical grade DMSO, RIMDO50, and it's got a single blatter cyst usage. But the industrial grade has been used by athletes, on multi-million dollar horses. Since resveratrol is highly soluble in DMSO, you would not be using enough DMSO to give you much of a smell or taste. Your spouse might not like the smell. If she doesn't have her or you cook with plenty of fresh garlic. Him. If 8 mg. would transdermally would be the equivalent of 500 mg. ingested, I'd buy the purest resveratrol, pull out my gallon jug of DMSO and go to town. Of course wash the area thoroughly before placing DMSO and don't put it on your nads. The stuff can irritate, which is why it's often cut before used in athletics.

BTW, MSM is the reduced version of DMSO (or is it the other way around). If you're going to use DMSO, you might want to do some reading on MSM.

Edited by shepard, 23 November 2007 - 02:57 AM.

#6 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

You don't need DMSO for sublingual pregnenolone. I apologize if I gave you this impression in the other thread. You just put the pill under your tongue and wait for it to dissolve.

Sublingual dosing commonly uses liquids (water, alcohol, DMSO, etc.) or solids that will dissolve in saliva. The precise dosing mechanism and carrier varies from substance to substance.

I have melatonin and pregnenolone sublingual pills and hydergine sublingual liquid.

Now back to your regularly scheduled DMSO discussion... :)

Indeed you don't. The sublingual works just fine. I take it now and again (it's been a couple years since last dose). Since it's a the mother of hormones, you don't know precisely what you're going to create, so I used it very, very sparingly. Yes, it is great for mental clarity, euphoria and energy. It could effect your sleep in unpredictable ways, because once again, you don't know which hormones will be favored from its intake.

Edited by shepard, 23 November 2007 - 02:58 AM.

#7 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

Pregenolone isn't a precursor of just one thing, that's quite true. But if your body is deficient (as many post-30-year-olds are) that deficiency is negatively impacting your body's ability to synthesize androgens/estrogens, corticosteroids, etc. which can lead to serious consequences all over the place.

It is definitely best to get blood tests to understand where your pregnenolone levels are relative to normal, but if you're over 40, there's a 90% chance that you're low and a small dose (100mg oral, 5mg sublingual) will be unambiguously helpful.

#8 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

Pregenolone isn't a precursor of just one thing, that's quite true. But if your body is deficient (as many post-30-year-olds are) that deficiency is negatively impacting your body's ability to synthesize androgens/estrogens, corticosteroids, etc. which can lead to serious consequences all over the place.

It is definitely best to get blood tests to understand where your pregnenolone levels are relative to normal, but if you're over 40, there's a 90% chance that you're low and a small dose (100mg oral, 5mg sublingual) will be unambiguously helpful.

Well, OK, thanks. I happen to have 50 mg. sublingual tablets sitting on the shelf. I used my pill splitter to slice the pills into quarters. It's going on 24 hours now that I've supplemented with these and I am feeling a certain optimism and wanting adventure that I seemed to have lost.

#9 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

:)

#10 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

BTW, MSM is the reduced version of DMSO (or is it the other way around).

It's the other way around. MSM is the oxidized version of DMSO, so DMSO is the reduced version of MSM.

#11 spacetime

• 191 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:25 AM

I've used this as a ph carrier and it smells bad and tends to burn. If you can manage to take this sublingually my hats off to you. If you are using it as a carrier then you hav to make sure that the compound you intended to deliver has a molecular weight of under 300. Also the hydrophilic properties will greatly affect absorption.

#12 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Well, OK, thanks. I happen to have 50 mg. sublingual tablets sitting on the shelf. I used my pill splitter to slice the pills into quarters. It's going on 24 hours now that I've supplemented with these and I am feeling a certain optimism and wanting adventure that I seemed to have lost.

I took pregnenolone to offset menopause symptoms and it was excellent. 180mg once a day on an empty stomach stopped
all menopausal symtoms 100%. Lower doses weren't as effective. I reduced that dose to vary between 50 and 100 mg
for the past 8 years and just stopped taking it recently because I did notice thinning hair. I never had a sleep problem with it
since I took it first thing in the morning. I just started resveratrol and notice a similar feeling of well being and improved focus
that I had with the preg.

Edited by missminni, 24 November 2007 - 02:32 PM.

#13 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

Sublingual pregnenolone is a waste of effort, hormones are lipophilic and won't absorb.

I have used DMSO for application of other stuff, and even in tiny doses my friends said that I STANK. I wouldn't mess with it at all.

Now back to your regularly scheduled DMSO discussion... ;)

Edited by shepard, 23 November 2007 - 02:59 AM.

#14 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

I just spoke with Dr. Jacobs re:cutaneous DMSO application
http://www.jacoblab.com/
regarding DMSO as a transporter and he advised not to use it for that purpose
and to only use it by itself as a pain reliever.
DUSA 60 for above the waist
and Liquid 70% solution for below the waist.
He did not know what resveratrol was. Never heard of it.
He said pregnenolone would dissolve in it, but only if it was in liquid form.

#15 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

Has anyone here ever used DMSO for pain relief from
Mortons' Neuroma?

Edited by missminni, 16 November 2007 - 07:15 AM.

#16 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:12 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--rabagley----></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rabagley)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Pregenolone isn't a precursor of just one thing, that's quite true. But if your body is deficient (as many post-30-year-olds are) that deficiency is negatively impacting your body's ability to synthesize androgens/estrogens, corticosteroids, etc. which can lead to serious consequences all over the place.

It is definitely best to get blood tests to understand where your pregnenolone levels are relative to normal, but if you're over 40, there's a 90% chance that you're low and a small dose (100mg oral, 5mg sublingual) will be unambiguously helpful.Well, OK, thanks. I happen to have 50 mg. sublingual tablets sitting on the shelf. I used my pill splitter to slice the pills into quarters. It's going on 24 hours now that I've supplemented with these and I am feeling a certain optimism and wanting adventure that I seemed to have lost.

Well, I got snookered again. This is why I keep away from nootropics. The pregnenolone made me feel good. But a few days later I started having insomonia. It got worse each night. I'm going to stop taking that preg because like many things which give me more ambition, they also give me insomnia. I have to be very careful about statements that say "if you're over 35" you need... My meditation keeps my hormone level well. When I take things like DHEA and PREG, I feel really good then the insomnia comes and I start feeling more and more dragged out as the days go on.

#17 liorrh

• Guest, F@H
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:13 PM

Sublingual pregnenolone is a waste of effort, hormones are lipophilic and won't absorb.

I have used DMSO for application of other stuff, and even in tiny doses my friends said that I STANK. I wouldn't mess with it at all.

you are joking right lynx? lypophilic agents including steroids have been used successfully in transdermals for years (not ass-transdremals like straight DMSO but...)

#18 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

I just tried DMSO* and Reveratrol together cutaneously.
The Res dissolved on contact. I put a little res powder on my
inner arm, sprayed it with the DMSO, and it dissolved on contact and
absorbed into my skin quickly too.
Further more, the DMSO does not have any odor at all.
It has a light oily texture. I don't know how much res will
get into my bloodsteam because I am not testing my blood,
but I felt something and it definitely dissolved on contact.

ETA~a few hours after application, I got the garlic taste in my mouth.
I can't tell if I smell like garlic. I haven't really perspired yet.
When I go to the gym I guess I will see by the expression on other peoples faces.

*I used a DMSO spray product
that I ordered online from
Herbal Remedies.com
866-467-6444
content:
Pure DMSO 99.9% - 70%
Aloe Vera - 40%

It was $7.61 for 8 oz spray.
with postage - 13.60

Edited by missminni, 28 November 2007 - 02:19 PM.

#19 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:10 PM

you are joking right lynx? lypophilic agents including steroids have been used successfully in transdermals for years (not ass-transdremals like straight DMSO but...)

I said sublingual, unless you want to mix it with isopropyl alcohol, lecithin, d-limonene etc. and make a transdermal and stick it under your tongue.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:39 PM

Thought some wouldn't to know this site. https://www.jacoblab.com/
Is closing down. Highest purity sites are hard to find....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users