- - - - -

Being Ill For A Few Days

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:23 AM

I've been ill for a few day now, some virus got the hold of me. Very tired, massive headaches and flu-like symptoms.
I'm feeling a lot better already and want to start working again tomorrow or Friday.

Anyway, due to the long sleep I slipped into a pattern were I sleep almost all day, get out of bed late afternoon, ultimately finding myself surfing and posting here at midnight (local Dutch time).

Any tips on how to maintain a good day / night rhythm in such unfavourable situations?

#2 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

day/night pattern?

That went out the window with med school

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:05 AM

Sorry to hear of your illness, but I'm glad you're feeling better. I have a tendency to shift toward the late night hours. When I need to suddenly shift back for some reason, I might take an Ambien (probably only 3-5mg) to reset. Try to get a lot of light in the morning.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

I really don't know any way other than some good stuff (codeine) to maintain a day/night pattern during an illness like that. It might be worth trying some more standard stuff.

What I've found to work very well for me:

Morning:
B12, UV Exposure, Cold water dousing

Night:
No overhead light, limit close electronic exposure ~2 hours before bedtime, Hot water exposure, Block as much light as possible and all sound but white noise, sleep stack as outlined in my supplement regimen thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users