Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ImmInst will personalize any logo for your website: Contact Us

Merchandise

Shirts, Hats and other ImmInst merchandise found at the ImmInst Store. $1 profit from each purchase goes to ImmInst.

Posted Image

More: ImmInst Store

With 1$ donation, receive a bumpersticker:
Posted Image

#2 faith_machine

• 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for putting these resources up on the site. I'm make sure I use them.
-Brent

#3 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:37 PM

Thanks Brent,

Let me know if you need anything.

#4 randolfe

• 439 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:12 PM

The idea of the flier with many tabs is really good. However, I think it would be useful to have a layout with maybe four of these sheets on the standard 8 by 11 page. That way, they could be small enough to tape up in phone booths, etc.

#5 quadclops

• 316 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:50 PM

Wow, lot's of cool swag! My money's coming as soon as I get paid.

How about a variety of immortality, cryonics, and transhuman/extropian buttons?

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:16 AM

B.J.

I read someplace in here what I thought was you writing that there was a section to discuss and get imminst radio going. I couldnt find it in here. Have I just over looked it?

If its not in here someplace I would think that a topic called imminst radio locked into the top here with things like the book, proactive material and things would be an excellent idea. I have a friend who is a short wave radio fanatic and Im sure he could shed some light onto this situation. Unless you already have an adequate light shedder....

#7 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:19 AM

I agree with the having smaller flyers to cut out after being printed to tape up in phone booths and etc.. I will make one myself when I get time. Ive already pinned up dozens of your imminst tab flyer and will be posting hundreds more as I get out and about. Since I already post flyers for a room rental business in a campus town I live in, I know almost every bulletin board and light post in this town by heart.

#8 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

Thanks, brokenportal.

Here's the topic of Transhumanist Radio:
http://www.imminst.o...ST&f=142&t=2097

Now pinned here in "Action & Reaching Out"

#9 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:09 AM

I made a flyer a while ago to advertise multiple immortalist web sites, with rip-off http addresses. The design is heavily based on the mprize ones (thanks for the friendly permission). It's going pretty good, counting some 60 rip-offs at my local uni within 4 weeks.

Attached Files

#10 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

Nice work, John.

#11 cryofan

• 136 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:44 AM

I have been playing around with a flash authoring tool called swishmax. Very easy to use. I have made several little animations with moving objects and text, and then rendered them as avi files and imported those into my video editing software. I can do voiceovers and such and render that as any sort of video file.

Also, the swishmax movie animations can be output as flash swf files and used on the web.

Could be a great tool for cryonics evangelization and education.

-randy smith

#12 John Schloendorn

• 2,542 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

I'm going to hit some new towns, so I made a new flyer... With a bit of a new concept this time. Here is my proposal:

We need to stop rambling about the desirability of life-extension in general to an audience that won't listen anyway, but instead focus on our target group (people who think that aging is a shame) and advertise to them our product (a wide range of information how to fight aging).

So the flyer is divided in two sections: One that describes what imminst is (verbatim from the constitution and other flyers) plus one that aggressively makes clear what we are offering to whom.

Every lonely immortalist who finds this forum before pessimism crushes their heart into a conservative bunker can accelerate the advent of rejuvenation therapies and save countless lives perhaps one day including your own. By successfully advertising to only one such person, you can make as much of a difference than you could otherwise in your entire life (assuming that every person can make as much of a difference). So what better cost/benefit ratio is there than the one of pinning up flyers? We all need to get out more. Let's paperwall our cities and universities with flyers from this imminst thread, mprize and any others that may be out there (please post links).

Attached Files

#13 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:33 PM

Great work John! Do you hand this type of thing out at colleges? Who is the most likely audience and where can we find them?

#14 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:25 AM

Excellent, John. Your right about the value of changing peoples ideas... likely the most valuable use of our time.

#15 John Schloendorn

• 2,542 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:38 AM

Who is the most likely audience and where can we find them

The audience I'm speaking of is a huge population of people out there who agree that aging is a shame and should be fixed, but are apparently unaware of the possibilities to actually work on doing so. These people are readily detected in medium sized samples of random persons picked off the internet. When I first saw them in my own data on immortalism and Scott Badger's data on cryonics I first could not believe my eyes. It must be many millions world wide. We need to shake them up!

I agree that more work would be beneficial to narrow down the target groups (I think Scott has some underway, haven't you Scott?). But with so many susceptible persons out there, even addressing random populations is a highly promising matter, if done in a way that does not try to define values for people who'd rather keep their own, but in a way that shows the subset that would like to work on living forever how to do it.

My best guess is to start with paperwalling universities, not only because of students' likely susceptibility as internet users, but also because of their abilities.

#16 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

Also, here is a simple one page handout.

Bruce

Attached Files

#17 rahein

• 226 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

Hay Bruce the following doc has an extra blank page at the end that can be removed. No need to waist peoples time and paper.

http://www.imminst.o...Inst_Single.doc

#18 John Schloendorn

• 2,542 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:12 AM

Thanks Rahein, removed the blank page here:

Attached Files

#19 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:11 AM

Thanks, Rahein and John.

This is a more recent version of the single page handout:

#20 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:50 AM

I just downloaded and printed two copies of the "Fight Aging" flyer that John posted. IMO that is the best of the available flyers, but it is still far from impressive.

I have been thinking about flyers because I think they are easily our best approach to attracting more interest in this field. They are free advertising, they can potentially reach a great number of people (particularly if more do it, we get more people, they do it etc), and there is no discomfort involved. no 'Selling' or confrontation.

So flyers need to be used, but they need to actually work too. 'Radical Life Extension' in big letters sounds ...well..crazy. We have to appeal to the average person who has never in their life even considered what we all think of on a daily basis!

So we need a flyer which has large grab your attention letters with a grab your attention phrase which doesn't also scare you off. For instance, just quickly off the top of my head, I'm thinking:
*Getting older?
*Scientists can double the lifespan of (organism x)
*Medical Research Is Changing our Lives
*Would you like to live longer?
*Would you like more time with your kids?
*Not enough hours in the day?
-Most people are retired before they find those missing hours. but what fun is retirement when you are old?

These are jsut quick ideas off the top of my head, and each of them obviously needs to lead onto an equally punchy sub heading, which in turn leads on to attention drawing paragraphs or dot point summaries of what is happening or could happen with support.

These flyers need to
1. Catch the eye of the passer-by (large heading)
2. Draw them into reading further (Subheading)
3. Incite them to read more, look further, question their beliefs, and/or talk to someone else about this.

The 'Fight Aging' flyer is acceptable, but it divides the information which is 'confusing' for someones subconscious mind which isn't interested in reading in the first place. There is no incentive to read further... So they see fight aging!, a bunch of text, and various website links to sites they don't care about.

We need to restructure it into a narrative which drags the attention of the passerby THROUGH each step (not overlooking bits and pieces). Heading, Sub Heading, facts about scientifi progress in aging research, list of websites with brief (yet more thorough than what is currently on it) descriptions of why the reader SHOULD go there. Simply knowing that mprize is the rejuvenation research prize is irrelevent. Who cares? Knowing that research into agigin is being greatly incentivized and there is greater interest in this field than ever before IS important.

I'll see what i can put together myself, but if a few of us work on a range of flyers, I think we could try to put together a collaborative effort and a large range of options.

Shane

#21 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

This topic is in temporary quarantine while we decide how to update it.

#22 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

Attached is an edited version of the trifold. It still has the one quote that has been questioned a bit. Maybe we can find another one.

Attached Files

#23 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Can this topic be pinned?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users