- - - - -

Huperzine A

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:29 AM

Are all the different retail brands of Huperzine A pretty much the same? Also, I've heard it's a bad idea to use it on a regular basis. Is there a reason for this? Thanks.

#2 E.T.

• 183 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:36 AM

Right now I'm taking Unique Nutrition's Huperzine A and am liking it. I was thinking of ordering this one next. Will I notice a difference, or is it all pretty much the same? Also, I've heard it's a bad idea to use it on a regular basis. Is there a reason for this? Thanks.

I read that using Huperzine on a daily basis can permanently disable the enzymatic mechanism by which acetylcholine is broken down, resulting in too much of this neurotransmitter, which could cause things like diaphram-induced suffocation.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 johnblaze

• Guest, F@H
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

You can browse this list and use it as a jump off point as to the effects of AcCh enzyme inhibitors
http://en.wikipedia....erase_inhibitor

And as for safety wikipedia does have a writeup that you can use again for further research
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Huperzine_A

I haven't read anywhere that huperzine-a causes any sort of permanent change, and a lot of the AcCh drugs seem to be benign when used properly, but as the saying goes 'the poison is in the dose'.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 VespeneGas

• 600 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Our old and trusty friend the search engine brings up this gem, which caused me to toss my HupA supplement for good. Disrupting acetylcholine catabolism at night looks like a great way to screw up sleep and memory consolidation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users