• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Lapel pin for immortality

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 didierc

• Life Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hello everybody,

I would like to use a label pin to support the research for biological immortality. Something not to big and not to small. So I can constantly promote the search for biological immortality. I tried to fine something online but without success.

Could somebody help me? It could be a lapel pin for the immortality institute or a lapel pin concerning immortality in general. If there is no specific lapel pin, one with the symbol for infinity could be good.

If there is nothing, I am also ready to pay to create such a pin (I think it is not very expansive).

All reactions welcome.

Didier C.

#2 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

I was thinking it would be fun to make a custom immortalist charm of some sort when I learned to cast gold crowns last summer. Unfortunately they would be a lot of work and quite expensive. I settled for making myself a copper ring with an inscription inside it for now.

Attending the Understanding Aging conference at UCLA last weekend the Methuselah Foundation gave out wrist bands with FIGHT AGING on them to use to gain admission.

If you work where the dress code encourages or requires it, what do you think of a custom immortalist neck tie?

Edited by lunarsolarpower, 03 July 2008 - 12:16 AM.

#3 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

sweet, don't they have the ability to put your designs on ties at CafePress, if not there-I'm sure it could be found with a quick search, I'd buy a discreet, professional tie for my husband :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:21 AM

the thing is , why do we have to act so secretly> can't find lapel pins and when buying ties , need to design our own , discreetly like Shannon said or it won't be professional

there are lots of accessories with crazy messages or cartoonish type of idiotic characters on them, those are sold at stores routinely . the idea of immortality can't be that much crazier right ? why can't we find any website that sells immortality stuff?

Oh wait... I actually found a website with an immortality-themed store! :)

check out The Fuck Death Foundation's Infinity Shop: http://shop.fuckdeath.org/ . check out their merchandise, MUG ,FOREVER Inscribed on a NAME BADGEP , PENNANT, all between 10-20 dollars, and the Platinum Package for ONLY $45! call now: 1800-fuckdeath, would you like fries with that?

Edited by HYP86, 04 July 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

How can we bring back the imminst merchandise page? Does any body second that? I think you just go to a site that does it and they send you a link to a page with drawings of merchandise with your logo on it and you link to it. Last I remember it was not sold to the public in bulk format pricing. Just a suggestion, but I would go with selling it at no profit.

Profit for imminst is good, but we want to get profit to pay to get the meme out there, so its kind of self defeating to profit from it for that isnt it?

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

There is work under way to fire the store back up, and hopefully ad more to it. You may be able to find pins in it. If not, you can find a place that makes them and recommend adding that to the store if you want.

#7 cyborgdreamer

• 735 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

the thing is , why do we have to act so secretly> can't find lapel pins and when buying ties , need to design our own , discreetly like Shannon said or it won't be professional

there are lots of accessories with crazy messages or cartoonish type of idiotic characters on them, those are sold at stores routinely . the idea of immortality can't be that much crazier right ? why can't we find any website that sells immortality stuff?

Oh wait... I actually found a website with an immortality-themed store! :|o

check out The Fuck Death Foundation's Infinity Shop: http://shop.fuckdeath.org/ . check out their merchandise, MUG ,FOREVER Inscribed on a NAME BADGEP , PENNANT, all between 10-20 dollars, and the Platinum Package for ONLY $45! call now: 1800-fuckdeath, would you like fries with that?

Heh, as if supporting immortality in public isn't awkward enough without using the f-word. :) Seriously though, how about something that says "live forever or die trying"?

Edited by cyborgdreamer, 30 May 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#8 didierc

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:44 PM

Hello,

If you go to the post http://www.imminst.o...o...c=30432&hl=, you will see seven symbols I think we could use for a label pin (with explanations in French, but I think most of you know already most of these symbols).

I would be happy if you let me know what is your favorite symbol. Or if you have other good ideas.

Didier C.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users