* * * * * 4 votes

THEFIRSTIMMORTAL Lifetime member given 6 months to live

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#31 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

They wouldn't allow him to take his supplements in prison.

For further clarification. I was not allowed vitamins from the outside prior to the cancer. I had to get the vitamins cleared by medical in order to get them into the jail. I started taking them while in the hospital.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 22 July 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#32 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

Wow! A kilo! That's amazing. What sort of doses are being considered since there's such a huge amount, William, Missminni?

I'm going to take whatever dose Maxwatt and Missminni recommend. The general feeling seems to be about 10g

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

I believe that stress is the root of all dis-ease, and the stress of being in prison and losing all your money and property etc. is what caused the cancer. I'm curious as to what part of your body it was first found in. I think during stressful times our weakest or compromised organs are the most susceptible.
I know for me, my problem has always been my skin being sensitive. During my stress over Minni this winter,
I ended up with severe auto-immune eczema and I'm still dealing with it, but not in the severe state it was.
IMO, stress is the killer. cancer it's weapon of choice.

#34 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Missminni, thanks for speaking up on behalf of William (thefirstimmortal). For those who might be hesitant to inquire or PM, could his mailing address be posted?

Yes, once again, Thank You Missminni, and Thank You Barbara for your thoughtful post.
I don't mind posting my address
Mailing address
William C. O'Rights
PO BOX 749
Acton Maine, 04001

House Address
William O'Rights
79 hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001
As I was explaining to Missminni last night, I live on a private road. I told Missminni "by private road, I don't mean high society, I mean dirt road back woods, well, ever see the Movie deliverance, swear every now and than I hear a banjo off in the distance."

I posted the following last night in the members forum...

WOW,

OK everyone, I don't have time to respond to all of this tonight. I will attend to this thread tomorrow. I just spent several hours responding to PM's and have a few more to go. I would like to throw one thing out there for now. Apparently there are several members who wish to send me money and have PM'ed me about that. I don't want money sent directly to me for several reasons, I would rather donations and gifts be sent to a special fund that goes to Imminst. That way people can be assured that the money was spent for it's intended purpose, and, oh yeah, that would make it tax deductable wouldn't it? That would make it so members claim it on their taxes and pay the government a little less. Waddya say?

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 22 July 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#35 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

I want to emphasize that I would not rely on resveratrol alone. I would bring all weapons to bear on this, which definitely includes the other supplements I previously mentioned. Tanks are awesome weapons, but you do not enter a war with tanks alone.

#36 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

I want to emphasize that I would not rely on resveratrol alone. I would bring all weapons to bear on this, which definitely includes the other supplements I previously mentioned. Tanks are awesome weapons, but you do not enter a war with tanks alone.

I don't disagree with you. I want to emphasize that with Minni I used primarily mega doses of Resveratrol.
I continued to give her glucosamine sulfate 3g, and CoQ10 200-400mg and L-Carnitine 500 mg which were all things
I gave her before she got cancer as well as resveratrol from Jarrow that were 200 mg in 50% res capsules. I would give her 200 to 400 mg a day. She still got cancer. It was only when I megadosed with 98% resveratrol that the cancer was surpressed. It is all about the mega-dose.

#37 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

This is a really good point. There are many other things that would be beneficial and synergistic with RES.

Another point Duke mentioned is that you need to get your body in a cancer unfriendly state.

...snip
Just as important as the supplements, DO NOT eat any dairy products. The protein casein is potentially a pro-cancerous. Also, stay clear of all starches (rice, bread, potato, pasta), and simple sugars. Cancer cells feed off of glucose 50 times more hungrily than normal cells, so do not feed them exactly what they need.
...snip...

I have done extensive research on diet and while the optimal diet for life extension is still up for debate (yes it is CR but what combination of macro nutrients fats carbs proteins is still in question, I have a feeling its CR with low carb, adequate protein (not high protein) and high fat as fuel)....

Regardless Cancer cells hate a low glucose environment, even more they hate ketosis as their is very little fuel for them to use to grow with.
I would immediately start an ultra low carb paleo diet with lots of supplemental non starchy vegetables. Keeping protein levels at adequate but not too excessive may be ideal for life extension but in this case I wouldn't worry about that.

High fat, High protein (from meats and eggs, pure paleo so no dairy) with carbs only coming from non starchy vegetables, some berries and nuts.

just google ketosis and cancer, try google scholar as well

here are some tidbits though

ketosis and cancer:
http://charm.cs.uiuc...med/topic8.html

http://robbwolf.com/?p=18

Edited by edward, 22 July 2008 - 04:57 PM.

#38 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

Another thought, Resveratrol is a weak SERM. The SERM nolvadex/tamoxifen has been a first line drug in breast cancer treatment for a long time. Cancer cells love estrogen. I have thought for a long time that any anti-cancer benefit of Resveratrol is enhanced by its anti-estrogen activity on certain tissues including cancer/tumor cells. If I had cancer I would start Nolvadex/Tamoxifen along with Resveratrol even if said cancer was not breast cancer in particular, the same applies to cancers in other tissues its just that estrogen is not as abundant and these tissues have fewer estrogen receptors than cancers originating in breast tissue, but there still is an effect. Estrogen makes all cancer cells grow. The SERM nolvadex/tamoxifen is very cheap from the right source, it will also boost testosterone levels in males which enhances the immune system and will help you retain muscle mass, all around a good cheap addition.

Edited by edward, 22 July 2008 - 05:07 PM.

#39 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

I have done extensive research on diet and while the optimal diet for life extension is still up for debate (yes it is CR but what combination of macro nutrients fats carbs proteins is still in question, I have a feeling its CR with low carb, adequate protein (not high protein) and high fat as fuel)....

Regardless Cancer cells hate a low glucose environment, even more they hate ketosis as their is very little fuel for them to use to grow with.
I would immediately start an ultra low carb paleo diet with lots of supplemental non starchy vegetables. Keeping protein levels at adequate but not too excessive may be ideal for life extension but in this case I wouldn't worry about that.

High fat, High protein (from meats and eggs, pure paleo so no dairy) with carbs only coming from non starchy vegetables, some berries and nuts.

just google ketosis and cancer, try google scholar as well

here are some tidbits though

ketosis and cancer:
http://charm.cs.uiuc...med/topic8.html

http://robbwolf.com/?p=18

That's a good diet under any circumstances. I suffered from years of low fat eating. Big mistake.
Keeping an alkaline chemistry is important as well. From what I understand, cancer thrives in an acidic environment.

#40 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

I would also recommend that you look into Maitake and Agaricus Blazei Muril Mushroom supplement

Here is some text I googled:

Agaricus Blazei mushroom is widely recognized as an exceptional natural supplement for its claimed anti-cancer and immunity enhancing effects, to the point where it is used for AIDS treatment. In Japan, intensive research has been done with guinea pigs reveal that the mushroom prevents cancer development 99.4% and cures cancer 90.0%. Now, several active ingredients have been identified.

Normally, the polysaccharides found in fungus only affect solid cancers, however the polysaccharide in Agaricus Blazei is effective against Ehrich's ascites carcinoma, sigmoid colonic cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate, and liver cancer as well as against solid cancers.

The studies in Japan showed Agaricus Blazei to be 80% more effective than the world's number one cancer drug, PSK. It contains much higher levels of beta glucans than the other medicinal mushrooms (Maitake, Shiitake, and Reishi). It stimulates NK (Natural Killer) cell activity at a rate higher than MGN-3.

#41 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Here's another good ketosis and cancer study (brain cancer). "35-65% reduction in tumor growth"

article:
http://www.earthtime...show/33897.html

pubmed link to the study:
http://www.pubmedcen...ertype=abstract

And here, gastric cancer responds to ketosis + MCT supplementation:

http://www.pubmedcen...ertype=abstract

#42 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

I written this before in ImmInst, but maybe worth posting again:

Here's my recommendation for beating cancer:

[snip]

o IP-6 (a molecule derived from rice bran, but found in every cell in our body)
-- IP-6 is a highly effective metal binder and deprives cancer/tumor cells of iron and copper, two primary growth requirements
-- 2-4 grams daily

o vitamin D3
-- inhibits metastasis
-- inhibits angiogenesis
-- boosts natural killer cell activity, a particular type of white blood cell that can hunt down and kill free roaming cancer cells in the body, preventing them from spreading
-- 10,000 IU daily

[snip]

Any timing recommendations on IP-6, as in before bed or during the day on an empty stomach? I understand it also takes out zinc and calcium.

With that much D3, should some K-2 be included too?

Stephen

#43 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

With that much D3, should some K-2 be included too?

Not necessary. Though, wouldn't hurt. But K2 is more about preventing heart disease, via calcification.

10,000 I.U. of D3 is not an alarming amount, or anything to be worried about. I've been at this level for years, and it's the level that nature itself tries to produce each day we're in the sun.

Any timing recommendations on IP-6

Yes. 45 minutes away from meals or other supps containing minerals. I'd try to do half early in the day, and half before bed.

#44 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

About this time last year it felt like I had a baseball lodged in my chest.

I believe that stress is the root of all dis-ease, and the stress of being in prison and losing all your money and property etc. is what caused the cancer. I'm curious as to what part of your body it was first found in. I think during stressful times our weakest or compromised organs are the most susceptible.
I know for me, my problem has always been my skin being sensitive. During my stress over Minni this winter,
I ended up with severe auto-immune eczema and I'm still dealing with it, but not in the severe state it was.
IMO, stress is the killer. cancer it's weapon of choice.

#45 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

I suggested 10 grams a day. The kilo will last 100 days....3 plus months....long enough to make a difference... there are really wonderful generous people...well one in particular who wants to remain anonymous.

Currently, with my current prognosis, that's a lifetime supply :)

#46 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

Also, I was wrong about the 6 months to live. They told him that 3 months ago. He is supposed to be a goner by October.

The official prognosis letter was dated and produced this past Febuary 11 by Dr. Kurt Ebrahim. But yes, Missminni is correct, late October is the far end of the prognosis. I thought that might have been revised to the good in late May when the tumor was shrunk by 90%, but the tumor came screaming back. The current prognosis using standard treatment appears to be sound.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 22 July 2008 - 08:39 PM.

#47 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

RSV however shouldn't be given together with most other cancer treatments. If a treatment relies on transcription to modify cell behavior, RSV will make it more difficult to be effective. RSV upregulates the action of Sirtuins which in turn deacetylate histones. This tightens the chromatin and inhibits transcription.

I posted this a few days ago, with respect to using RSV with Chemo.
I just spent a few hours reading up on resveratrol. Actually, apparently it is a good idea according to one of the articles that showed up on the link you provided. Resveratrol sensitizes the cancer cell and causes synergistic cytotoxic activity when used in combonation with cytotoxic drugs.

Currently the chemo drugs I’m on are Irinotecan and Carboplatin. Carboplatin and Irinotecan are both anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drugs.

#48 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Perhaps I should have read the whole thread before making the last post. :)

Somebody who knows much more than I should be advising on this matter. From the little I know it seems to me one should distinguish between RSV as a potential stand alone treatment for cancer and coadjuvant for some other treatment.
As a stand alone there are paper implying RSV might do some good by inhibiting Wnt signaling, or through some other pathways.
RSV however shouldn't be given together with most other cancer treatments. If a treatment relies on transcription to modify cell behavior, RSV will make it more difficult to be effective. RSV upregulates the action of Sirtuins which in turn deacetylate histones. This tightens the chromatin and inhibits transcription.
As a mater of fact, years ago Guarente founded the company Elixir for the main purpose of developing Sirtuin inhibitors. That was in order to improve cancer treatment.

I know and I mentioned this to thefirstimmortal. He mentioned his last chemo treatment is July 30th and I said he should wait until it is over before taking Res. I forwarded him a few studies on it:

Here is a link to a page with many many clinical studies on resveratrol if you should need re-assurance that it is effective. You only need to read the titles to see it is. I urge you to try it the minute your chemo is over.
ETA~here is an article specific to small cell lung cancer and resveratrol.
and yet another one specific to lung carcinoma and resveratrol
Both are listed at pubmed.

and he responded:

I know it's not a good idea to take it while doing chemo

I just spent a few hours reading up on resveratrol. Actually, apparently it is a good idea according to one of the articles that showed up on the link you provided. Resveratrol sensitizes the cancer cell and causes synergistic cytotoxic activity when used in combonation with cytotoxic drugs.

Currently the chemo drugs I’m on are Irinotecan and Carboplatin. Carboplatin and Irinotecan are both anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drugs.

I am sure he will get further advice or wait until his chemo is over, but he is currently taking 500 mg each morning of a commercial res cap that was sent to him. I'm sure he will read here later and it can be discussed further.

#49 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

He might also want to have a look into... vitamin D.
Good luck TFI.

V-D (800iu per day) V-D-3 (800-400iu/day) [D-3 LEM 800iu]
Covered.
And thank you for wishing me good luck.

#50 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

Just as important as the supplements, DO NOT eat any dairy products. The protein casein is potentially a pro-cancerous. Also, stay clear of all starches (rice, bread, potato, pasta), and simple sugars. Cancer cells feed off of glucose 50 times more hungrily than normal cells, so do not feed them exactly what they need.

Agreed. Try telling boost ensure pushing doctor and nurses that though. I got real nervous everytime I had to tell a doctor that tumors are primarily obligate glucose metabolizers. I would get this blank stare. See letter below
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=250319

And finally, if there's any chance to live, taking chemo drugs will only make matters worse. If it were me, I'd never use chemotherapy and reduce my chances to live.

I just want to note that I would like to post on this at length in the future.

#51 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

I written this before in ImmInst, but maybe worth posting again:

Here's my recommendation for beating cancer:

o resveratrol (a molecule derived from grapes and other plants)

o vitamin D3
-- 10,000 IU daily

o fish-based omega-3's (EPA & DHA)
-- 4-6 capsules daily (LEF brand)

o selenium
-- method of action not yet known, but there's significant research showing it helps.
-- 400 mcg daily

The items below were on my list.
Essential Fatty Acids, (8-12 “Mega” EPA with 4 “Mega” “Gla”)
Resveratrol
Indole 3 Carbinol w/resveratrol (1-2 caps/day)
Selenium (200 to 400mcg daily) [LEM 200mcg]
V-D (800iu per day) V-D-3 (800-400iu/day) [D-3 LEM 800iu]

I did not use Resveratrol, Indole 3 Carbinol or any of the fish-based omega-3's. I can't tell you why at the moment I chose other items over these. As I sift thru my notes and post, perhaps I will be able to say.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 22 July 2008 - 09:39 PM.

#52 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Agreed. Try telling boost ensure pushing doctor and nurses that though. I got real nervous everytime I had to tell a doctor that tumors are primarily obligate glucose metabolizers. I would get this blank stare. See letter below
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=250319

And finally, if there's any chance to live, taking chemo drugs will only make matters worse. If it were me, I'd never use chemotherapy and reduce my chances to live.

I just want to note that I would like to post on this at length in the future.

what was the response to it?

Edited by missminni, 22 July 2008 - 09:42 PM.

#53 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

Did you see the experimental stuff on mice that were fasted before chemo treatment? They were able to withstand up to 5-10x the maximum dosage usually allowed, and protected the healthy cells but not the cancer cells. They lost less weight and fewer signs of general toxicity.

See this short news clip on it http://www.thoughtwa...Starving-Cancer

Edited by Matt, 22 July 2008 - 09:51 PM.

#54 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

I'm cuirrently free Edward. The jokes about this were flying between Missminni and I last night in PMs. I have a sizable sense of humor.

Just a thought, but its going to be very difficult to get a kilo of a white powder to someone incarcerated for a Marijuana charge, not to mention him being able to take 10 grams on a daily basis in such a facility. Even if said white powder is a legal flavonoid like substance from grapes and knotweed.

#55 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

missminni,

<edited, he is at 125lbs>

I just hit the scales, I'm at 136.5, I was 125 about 3 weeks ago, started eating like a pig. I'm trying to get at least up to 145. I had it up to 137.5 last week. I know what's just around the corner and I want to be able to go at least 20 days without food should the tumor progress to the 11-12cm range.

#56 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

Perhaps one or more of the commercial suppliers who frequent this site could jointly provide a further few kilos of resveratrol, provided the individual in question gave them personal information confirming his condition (including access to his physician) and agreed to provide information on an ongoing basis to them regarding his condition.

In the event his condition substantially improved as was the case with Miss Minni's dog, this would indicate to the suppliers that funding a clinical trial would be warranted and worth the investment down the road.

The umm, individual in question has his medical records from the both the jail and hospital up to May 21st. The individual in question has requested the rest of the his medical record from May 21st to date, included in that request was that the individuals x-rays, CT scans and MRI's all be put on a disk. The individual in question has already announced his intention to post all that data right here on this site in the Topic "Prognosis and Medical up-date for The First Immortal, For The Society of Venturists". Does that about cover it TianZi? :)

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 22 July 2008 - 10:11 PM.

#57 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

...further and perhaps reduce possible side effects (like diarrhea)

For 2 decades I took 10 grams of V-C, that's supposed to cause diarrhea also. I never had an issue with it, so I'm fairly confident it won't be an issue. I have been wrong before however.

I'm a big Daffy Duck fan.

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 22 July 2008 - 10:21 PM.

#58 fast turtle

• 73 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

Avoid most protein consumption also. Aside from glucose consumption, cells need protein available to replicate DNA and RNA from; I recall a mouse study from the 50s where mice with cancer deprived of protein in their diets lived an average of 30-40% longer than mice on a normal diet. Protein also stimulates the release of insulin, although not as strongly as carbohydrates.

I found a paper today that described novel compounds to prevent lung cancer, and while it's too late for you, it may be of interest to other members here who are smokers/former smokers, or you may want to give the compounds a shot anyhow: http://www.ehponline...hecht-full.html

Edited by fast turtle, 22 July 2008 - 10:27 PM.

#59 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

Thank You for providing that link Daffy.

There is at least one study that suggests Resveratrol and chemotherapy together may have benefits. Here's a summary.

http://www.scienceda...80325125937.htm

Reduced the function of proteins in the pancreatic cancer cell membranes that are responsible for pumping chemotherapy out of the cell, making the cells chemo-sensitive.

Attached Files

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:34 PM

missminni,

<edited, he is at 125lbs>

I just hit the scales, I'm at 136.5, I was 125 about 3 weeks ago, started eating like a pig. I'm trying to get at least up to 145. I had it up to 137.5 last week. I know what's just around the corner and I want to be able to go at least 20 days without food should the tumor progress to the 11-12cm range.

Once you start the Res, I'm pretty confident the tumor will shrink, but can you explain why you would go without food for 20 days?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users