• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Eric/Brokenportal Recruit Thread

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

Eric/Brokenportal Recruits only,

Join

No dialogue other than what is specified in this thread please. One post per recruit only.

Only respond here if its because I prompted you to sign up at imminst. People I have directed here, Please write your name, leave a space and then tell us what you think about life extension. Like this:

"name"

"What you think about it, where you heard about it or whatever, etcetera"

To all imminst members. Please compete against me by posting a thread with the same format. I will send whoever has the most recruits by midnight on new years eve 2009, 4 copies of the book "Ending Aging" and an ImmInst t shirt.

Edited by brokenportal, 19 May 2009 - 06:48 AM.

#2 Tem

• 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

Temy

I love the notion of living forever. I've heard about such things from many places for many years, beginning with cryonics. So... where's the pill, lol?

#3 Cody

• 59 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Cody

I actually stumbled upon life extension on accident. Almost a year a ago today, I was reading a magazine in Wal-mart and found out about Aubrey de Grey. I was so intersted in the subject of life extension that I began to look into it as soon as I got home. What I found was a movement. Life extension isn't just a science. It's an actual movment of people who love life. The snowball of people who are supporting and donating to this cause is becoming ever bigger every day. There are just so many organizations working on it. I support life extension with all my soul.

I made a myspace if anybody who reads wants to check it out. There's thousands and thousands of myspace users. I believe it can make a difference in time.

http://www.myspace.c...tendedhumanlife

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 sumphilosopheô

• 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Tyler

I learned about the life extension movement on MySpace.

I am for humanity attaining indefinate life spans even if I don't live long enough to enjoy it myself. Indefinate life spans could mean that we would all probably value eachother more as our own life would have much more value. It will play a part in making the world a better place on many levels in my opinion. I believe it will change our values and politics in positive ways. Indefinate life spans would perhaps make us more benevolent and patient. I do not see how indefinate lifespans would not drastically change our world view for the better. Moreover, If technology is going to be advancing faster and faster I am for what will aid humanity in being less rash.

#5 Wes

• 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

Wes, (llap, {live long and prosper}on the sunday evening update)

I heard about this from Eric, and look forward to volunteering to advance our cause.
Later all...

#6 Helly K

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Helly K

I've known about the "Life extension" movement for about a year or so. I first heard about it from a speech that Aubrey de Grey gave at TED Talks. Needless to say, I'm very much in favor of embracing technological advances to improve our lives; I'm a strong believer in human enhancement.

#7 piratas de dios

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:46 AM

piratas de dios

evolving to immortality is only a matter of time...

#8 @silverton

• Guest, F@H
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:56 AM

Michael Silverton

"Mfoundation 300 Member, long time ImmInst lurker. Met Eric in uStream chat and he prompted me to finally sign up."

#9 almighty

• 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

thank you broken for inviting me to the group 

#10 badnews

• 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:36 AM

Jessica H.

Several months back I'd heard on the news about the newly discovered "Immortal Jelly Fish" which becomes a juvenile every time it mates, which means it can live indefinitely as long as it's not killed. I'd just never even considered immortality a possibility until I heard that it had actually occurred in nature - meaning the possibility is much more likely now than it's ever been.

I mentioned the story on the Philosophy Forums of Myspace which is where I met Eric and learned about the life extension movement from his incredibly informative profile there.

#11 b0gger

• 167 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

Help fight aging, join the team. Quit farting around.

Edited by b0gger, 30 May 2009 - 09:16 PM.

#12 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:32 AM

Dont be scurred, jump on in and join the drive. People feed off each others action, action drives more action. You start up your own recruit drive and it will spur me back along and it will cause a chain reaction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users