• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Buy a life insurance policy. Make SENS/Methuselah foundation the benef

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gattaca

• 59 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Do you have optional or subsidized life insurance coverage at your place of employment? Sign up for the policy and list a radical life extensionist foundation as the beneficiary. I think this would make a brilliant fundraising drive as well as a significant statement. It entails giving a significant amount, yet it is still well within the means of most people.

"I'll conquer death or die trying."

#2 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

why?people here neither want or expect to die?

#3 gattaca

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

Almost nobody either wants or expects to die, however, people still buy life insurance and sign up people or charities as beneficiaries because they want to provide financial support to these things in the event that they do, in fact, die.

Second, some life extensionists believe that upon death, their bodies can be frozen or otherwise suspended, creating a situation where they would be legally dead with the potential for reanimation, yet still able to cash out their life insurance policy in favor of their intended beneficiary.

Third, life insurance can be extremely cheap when compared to the payoff, especially when it is subsidized.

Next, it's a way of making a significant donation without having to pay it in a way that deprives you of significant wealth during life.

As a tangental note, I think it's a particularly good drive because I noticed that many life extensionists tend to be very independent-minded in their chosen lifestyle, and consequently tend to not have children who would be deprived of the proceeds. Don't take it as a dig, it's just something I've noticed.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:20 AM

How about a portion of the proceeds, one has their family to keep in mind, any children if they have them--also there are other non-profits they may wish to support, and I certainly hope that gattaca will say "I'll conquer death, and be cryonically preserved while trying" ;) -there is no reason one can not afford 28,000 at CI, and still give a lot to their family if they wish, various non-profits they support as well as Methuselah Foundation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users