Photo
- - - - -

Oxiracetam & Pramiracetam

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nancy_axel

• 175 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

Do you need to take choline supplements when taking Oxiracetam or Pramiracetam?

#2 DanielSon

• 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

Are you experiencing head-aches using either without a supplemental choline source?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

DEFINITELY!

#4 Conanld

• 40 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

My experience has been that a choline source combined with Oxy will not only enhance the benefits, but will also help to smooth out the rough edges a bit (e.g., helps to remove the edginess), provided that you don't over do it of course.

#5 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

Is DMAE a good source of choline? Choline Bitratrate (I know its not as good as the others w/ absorption)? Or do I have to buy the expensive choline material?

I find ALCAR to work very well.

My experience has been that a choline source combined with Oxy will not only enhance the benefits, but will also help to smooth out the rough edges a bit (e.g., helps to remove the edginess), provided that you don't over do it of course.

#6 Conanld

• 40 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

I believe that DMAE is chemically similar to Choline, and that it can pass through the blood-brain barrier to be methylated into Choline.

I've actually had pretty good luck combining plain old inexpensive DMAE with Piracetam. Centrophenoxine is supposed to be much better, but it's a lot more expensive. A lot of folks swear by it, but for me it really didn't work any better than plain ole DMAE. However, my preferred choline source is Alpha GPC.

#7 Conanld

• 40 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

I might add that I find ALCAR to be good too, but only if I restrict dosage to around 500 mg. If I use any more than that, I experience a minor let down or crash later on. Also, I always use a good antioxidant with ALCAR, such as ALA.
One reason I prefer Alpha GPC to DMAE is because of consistency, duration, strength, and avoidance of occasional sleepiness. DMAE like Piracetam can occasionally cause sleepiness

#8 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:15 AM

I vote for Alpha-GPC too. Definitely better than all other sources of choline, at least for me.

#9 mrak1979

• 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:51 AM

If you don't get headaches with racetams alone, does that mean a choline source is unnecessary?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Conanld

• 40 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

All of the aforementioned choline sources are synergistic with racetams. Generally speaking, you will get better results with the racetams when you include a good choline source. At least that has been my experience. The one exception (for me at any rate) is Choline Bitartrate, which had little to no beneficial effect. Moreover, it actually induced a depressive state after using it for a few days. This was not a fluke because I have been able to consistently replicate this condition on myself with it. I have since tossed the only remaining bottle of Choline Bitartrate I had.

If you don't get headaches with racetams alone, does that mean a choline source is unnecessary?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users