• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

a pro aging trancists secret plea

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:54 AM

Edited by brokenportal, 05 March 2009 - 02:44 AM.

#2 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

They took the sound out of the video I have here, so now you have to,

listen to this song:

while simultaneously watching this video:

In the beginning sequence of this second video you can see Assinomov and Klein working to forge
the grim reaper slayer. At about 36 seconds you can see young imminstolf and methuseldorf
in a stage of their quest to deliver the powerful meme to the deathists. Around the 40
second sequence you can see Aubrey flying through on Peter Theils American eagle. You can
see life extensionists running around battling everywhere.

Around 107 you can see a life extensionist charging the pro aging trancists. The life
extensionist is heavily powered by the spirit of tremendous gratitude and tribute to
all the dead who have come before us to get us to this glorious point in the evolution
of humanity.

You can see Justin make an entrance there at the 154 mark. Around 333 you can see Goertzl,
Shannon is there at about 335, mitkat around 406.

Around 313 you can hear Bruce say:
This existence does not belong to one person, but to all. Let us rebuild this world,
so that we may share in the days of longevity.

diclaimer* Nickelback is a dichotomy to me. They seem to either have songs that I think really suck, or that I think are really great.

Edited by brokenportal, 05 March 2009 - 03:00 AM.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:01 AM

Videos like these are my favorite nootropics.

List any other good ones you know of here. That would be awsome to get a compilation of things that can inspire you and get your mind rolling in here.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

We have to keep the fire beneath us. We need to keep the sparks shooting from us. The
situation calls for urgency on the grandest scale. We dont have the luxury of time. We
awakened are few and far between and its up to us to shake the rest of the world from
their trance.

If you have the life extension spark in you, if you are free of the pro aging trance
then you have to pick up arms and head for the front lines. We need you there, we need you
there badly and now. The grim reaper has a firm hold on the lines and the massacre is
appalling. I know that nobody wants to abandon their lives, and they dont need to, but
a sense of proportion needs to be had. We need to win this war on aging. The universe
is at stake.

Do you want oblivion or the ability to help pioneer the universe?

Do you want the life youve grown used to or do you want the ability to help pioneer the
universe?

"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to
sacrifice what we are for what we could become." - Charles Dubois

We need more of these kinds of nootropics, we need more minds fighting, we need to
organize for peak performance to make an all out blitz. Lets get that bullet list done
so we can organize these ideas, like making more nootropic like advertisements for
the indefinite healthy life extension cause. So we can set up to get a new name for imminst,
to get the support we need to get the forums running at peak efficiency, to get the
nominations for AMEX and the support for MFURI, to rake in the folders for f@h, to lobby
our congressmen, to get more people touring schools and universities and retirement homes
giving life extension speeches, to get it covered in the news more, to fill the mprize
with funds, to set up more local area chapters for the public and schools.

There are a million projects, a million soldiers. Lets rile things up and see what we can
do. We are primed for the battle and its time for the charge. Aubrey thinks we can make
Longevity Escape Velocity in 20 years. Lets not wait twenty years to make that charge. We
dont have that luxury.

If a persons not in it to win it, then from what I can figure they must be prepared to lose.

"Put in some time to help with life extension now, or put in time helping with your
family and friends funerals later. Its your choice." -E.D.

Now I know that the people around Imminst are life extensionists to the core. Whether
youve realized it or not, by coming out of the pro aging trance youve defaulted yourself
to a general in this war. The world depends on you to rally them.

Watch the first video in this topic here. Its a pro aging trancists plea to you.

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

This one reminds me of the pro aging trance too. Not as much as “saving me” though.

Its Pink Floyds comfortably numb. The first and third part of the song sound like a doctor who has found a pro aging trancist that is now aged and is getting ready to die, but they had cried out for life. Like they say, “There are no atheists in fox holes.” Along those lines this is like, "there are no pro aging trancists on death beds." The chorus is the pro aging trancist trying to talk to the doctor while hes out of it after the doctor has injected the patient with “sens therapies” . The “comfortably numb” line is the trancist lamenting that they cant believe they had become comfortably numb to the idea that aging was fine.

#6 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

I guess Im turning this into a topic where I store videos that inspire my indefinite healthy life extension ambitions. Hopefully they inspire yours too.

I sure am proud to be a part of a cause that is working to bring that standard of good news to those news casts and news papers.

Edited by brokenportal, 12 December 2008 - 07:01 PM.

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:47 AM

I think the first and second video in this topic are the best still and are the most powerful. I would love to get some feedback on whether or not they speak with power and inspiration to anybody else in the contexts given.

Heres another song Ive been thinking about today in conjunction with life extension. This one speaks to how life extensionists need to find a way to get out of their comfort zones and head to the front lines of this war on aging.

"What does the billboard say, come and play, come and play, forget about the movement."
The video that goes with it is scenes from the movie "300" which is also powerful in itself. Never underestimate the power of small groups of people to make a difference. Thats the premise of the movie, the MF 300, and every thing a bunch of us around here are trying to say by trying to get more people to help. Just a small group of us, say 300, can really make a deep deep impact through bringing life extension exposure to the world.

I redid the lyrics with a life extension twist here:

Solo, we're all soloists on a solo list
All live, never on a floppy disk
Inka, inka, bottle of ink
Paintings of War on Aging
Drawn up by the thoughts we think

Yeah!
Come on!
The militant poet in once again, check it

People sit there playing cards
While people go to early graves
They work for diamonds,
But life is worth more than a diamond wage
With poetry I paint the pictures that hit
More like the murals the fit,
Don’t turn away,
Get in front of it

My fellow humans, did ya forget ya names?
Did ya lose them on the wall
Playin' tic-tac-toe?

Yo, check the diagonal
Three brothers and sisters gone
Come on
Doesn't that make it three in a row?

My fellow humans, did ya forget ya names?
Did ya lose them on the wall
Playin' tic-tac-toe?

Yo, check the diagonal
Three billion gone
Come on
'Cause you know that agings counting backwards to zero

Environment
The environment exceeding on the level
Of our unconciousness
For example
What does the billboard say?
Come and play!, come and play!
Forget about the movement

Aohelix!

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

In the beginning sequence of this second video you can see Assinomov and Klein working to forge
the grim reaper slayer. At about 36 seconds you can see young imminstolf and methuseldorf
in a stage of their quest to deliver the powerful meme to the deathists. Around the 40
second sequence you can see Aubrey flying through on Peter Theils American eagle. You can
see life extensionists running around battling everywhere.

Around 107 you can see a life extensionist charging the pro aging trancists. The life
extensionist is heavily powered by the spirit of tremendous gratitude and tribute to
all the dead who have come before us to get us to this glorious point in the evolution
of humanity.

You can see Justin make an entrance there at the 154 mark. Around 333 you can see Goertzl,
Shannon is there at about 335, mitkat around 406.

Around 313 you can hear Bruce say:
This existence does not belong to one person, but to all. Let us rebuild this world,
so that we may share in the days of longevity.

diclaimer* Nickelback is a dichotomy to me. They seem to either have songs that I think really suck, or that I think are really great.

I think there is power in this, and the first video, with the themes given, yes, no? Awsome? Stupid? Inspiring? Not really inspiring? Everytime I watch them with the context given it gives me a "nooptropic" boost of motivational inspirational energy.

Edited by brokenportal, 27 December 2008 - 11:19 PM.

#9 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:01 AM

So we don't have a copy of the one where life extensionists fight the deathists do we?

#10 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

I think your refering to post #2 here. What I mean is that I compare the person in the frame at the 3 minute and 35 second spot of that video to you.

The video is from Lord of the Rings and the song is by Nickleback but the combination reminded me of the imminst journey.

#11 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

Oh I see what you mean, the video wasnt working. I replaced it with a working version now. Thanks for spotting that. This topic really is one of my favorite kinds of "nootropics". I hope more people check it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users