- - - - -

Recommended Retin-A Sources

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

The internet is awash with sources for buying Retinol A but, as with everything else, quality is bound to vary.

I have bought from a few sources and the current batch of tretinoin (.05% cream) has no side effects.... but I'm starting to wonder if that's because it's having no effects either.

I've started alternating with Tazarotene 0.05% gel which my wife got on presciption from a UK chemist and that definitely causes minor redness/dryness from time to time, but I never have anything noticeable from the tretinoin.

So I'd be very interested to hear where people get there Retinols from so I can compare, in particular where people have noticed the typical side effects initially, indicating they are probably genuine. If this is seen as something mods want to put in drug supplier discussions then so be it but this seems the most relevant section from a target audience perspective.

If you feel compelled to say "go see a doctor and get a proper prescription, stating you are "clinically vain"" then please save you well-meaning breath.

Over to you.

Sentinel

#2 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

I get mine here. http://www.alldayche.../Tretinoin.html
No side effects cause I've been using it fo a long time. I suggest getting the gel. Was told it absorbs better.
The prices are ridiculously low. Shipping is kinda high but still lowest total price I've seen. Others here seem
to like this company as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:44 PM

I went to a doctor and said I had acne. At the time I had no acne on my face as such but I told him that I sporadically had flare ups. You could try that.

Failing that I get all my retinoids from alldaychem as well.

Edit: They also have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. On the internet or otherwise. Great people.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 24 September 2008 - 10:45 PM.

#4 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

I have bought from a few sources and the current batch of tretinoin (.05% cream) has no side effects.... but I'm starting to wonder if that's because it's having no effects either.

I've started alternating with Tazarotene 0.05% gel which my wife got on presciption from a UK chemist and that definitely causes minor redness/dryness from time to time, but I never have anything noticeable from the tretinoin.

How long have you been using tretinoin? It could be your skin is adapted to its use. Also a gel is likely to give better penetration of the retinoid than a cream. Tazarotene did give more side effects for me during the first few weeks of use than tretinoin did. However it isn't a fair comparison cause I used tretinoin 0.05% cream and tazarotene 0.1% cream.

As far as I can tell all day chemist sells genuine retinoids. I still get some side effects if I use too much.

Edited by sdxl, 25 September 2008 - 12:32 AM.

#5 sentinel

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

MS41 - I've tried them (AllDayPharmacy)before and as you say the shipping is pretty high and I got clobbered by customs due to non-discrete packaging, product seemed genuine enough.

Ben - I'm 38 and didn't even have spots as a teenager so I think the doctor would probably just laugh at me ;) But thanks for the suggestion and another vote for ADC.

SDXL - I've used tretinoin for about 1.5 years on and off, but whenever I've had a break and gone back my skin has always had to "re-retinize" and gone through an initial period of mild sensitivity, but I haven't even had that for this last batch.

I know the Gel is more intense because of the delivery mechanism but I think there's probably a bit more to it than that.

Thanks for the repsonses thus far. I'd be interested to hear about any suppliers outside AllDayChemist (who I think have done well out of Fredrik's recommendations on this board. They should give him stuff for free!) Surely there's not just one decent supplier in all of Cyberspace!

#6 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

What did it say on the package? I'm also worried about the package getting seized by customs.

#7 sentinel

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:31 AM

What did it say on the package? I'm also worried about the package getting seized by customs.

It was not so much that it said "prescription medication" or anything, just that it stated the value/price and when you get to over a cetain value (around £25.00 in the UK) the customs will send an excessive bill, negating the value of buying it online in the first place. It's very unlikely to be seized but you know your domestic customs better than me...

#8 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:31 AM

I forgot to mention that recommend you not buy the tazarotene .05 gel if you were considering it. I really didn't like the consistency.

All the creams and the tretinoin gel have been fantastic though.

#9 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

I purchased my .05% Retin-A (not generic) from http://www.inhouseph...re/retin-a.html

Excellent delivery time to the States, and the package was plain - nothing to flag customs. It's got to be the real stuff, given the peeling and redness I experienced - can't tell you how many times I wanted to give up!

On Fredrik's suggestion I also purchased .1% taz cream (generic Tazret) from alldaychemist. Good experience with the co., and the product.

I've been using them for some two months now, am up to every other night.

Cheers, Mia

#10 sentinel

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

I purchased my .05% Retin-A (not generic) from http://www.inhouseph...re/retin-a.html

Excellent delivery time to the States, and the package was plain - nothing to flag customs. It's got to be the real stuff, given the peeling and redness I experienced - can't tell you how many times I wanted to give up!

On Fredrik's suggestion I also purchased .1% taz cream (generic Tazret) from alldaychemist. Good experience with the co., and the product.

I've been using them for some two months now, am up to every other night.

Cheers, Mia

Thanks Mia

I have tried Inhouse before too and they seem solid. Well, with all the AllDay reps here (I'm joking!) I've decided to give them another spin and have put in an order for a couple of tre and taz and see how we get on.

Thanks for the input and I would still like to hear about other people's experiences as, in theory, I'll be using this stuff for the rest of my life so i'm bound to run out again ;-)

Sentinel

edit:really quite shocking spelling and grammar

Edited by sentinel, 25 September 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#11 Benae

• 50 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

The first tube of Retin A that I purchased was from MedsMex in Mexico. 30 gram tube of .05% - Retacnyl by Galderma. I have just opened a 20 gram tube of Retino-A which I ordered from alldaychemist. Immediately I noticed that this cream is much drier. The cream from MedsMex was much easier to apply. It doesn't appear that I am getting as much irritation from the alldaychemist cream. Additionally, as Eva has suggested, I am trying to minimize my moisturizer at the time of Retin-A application. I have very dry mature skin.

Edited by Benae, 25 September 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#12 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

The first tube of Retin A that I purchased was from MedsMex in Mexico. 30 gram tube of .05% - Retacnyl by Galderma. I have just opened a 20 gram tube of Retino-A which I ordered from alldaychemist. Immediately I noticed that this cream is much drier. The cream from MedsMex was much easier to apply. It doesn't appear that I am getting as much irritation from the alldaychemist cream. Additionally, as Eva has suggested, I am trying to minimize my moisturizer at the time of Retin-A application. I have very dry mature skin.

I've bought my retin-a from medsmex also. It was high quality and not too much more expensive than alldaychemist.

#13 sentinel

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

Thanks Benae, the detail is very useful, I'll have a look at the MedsMex site, thanks MS41 too.

#14 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

I stumbled upon this in google today. Its inspiring to see this in new diverse places on the web.

Attached Files

#15 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:42 AM

I stumbled upon this in google today. Its inspiring to see this in new diverse places on the web.

Nice brokenportal, I think this is a pretty good silencer to anyone who thinks that certain subforums are detracting from the Immortality message. All PR is good PR, right? It is hard to do a Nootropics related search in google without having ImmInst come up in the first page if not the first result.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users