http://www.cosmetics...eing-ingredient

Looks interesting anyway.

#2 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

Might be good to add this to Juvess?

Zorba990, I know you post on the LEF forum occasionally, but not sure if you get their rag. An article about this appears on pages 79-82 of the November 2008 edition. And of course a few pages later they are selling it in a product named "Skin Stem Cell Serum". :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:07 AM

Zorba990, I know you post on the LEF forum occasionally, but not sure if you get their rag. An article about this appears on pages 79-82 of the November 2008 edition. And of course a few pages later they are selling it in a product named "Skin Stem Cell Serum". :)

Have you seen how many skin care products LEF sells and how much they cost? Ever watched QVC or home shopping network and laughed at their miracle cream on sale at todays special of a super low $200? Makes me appreciate even more my Retin-A I get offshore for under $3.00 a tube that will have a much greater effect on my skin.

#4 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:07 AM

Have you seen how many skin care products LEF sells and how much they cost? Ever watched QVC or home shopping network and laughed at their miracle cream on sale at todays special of a super low $200? Makes me appreciate even more my Retin-A I get offshore for under $3.00 a tube that will have a much greater effect on my skin.

Mentioning a product doesn't mean it is any type of endorsement. And for this board you aren't doing anything unique. Lots of us here are buying Tazarotene and/or Tretinoin from overseas. Especially since Fredrik and Eva have been posting a lot about retinoids for some time here now.

#5 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

And for this board you aren't doing anything unique.

Wow thanks for clearing that up.

#6 zorba990

• Topic Starter
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

Thanks.

I'm more interested in finding raw sources for these material for DIY kinda-of-things.

Most skin creams and sunscreens seem way too skin suffocating for me and cause side effects including
skin redness, eye stinging, pore enlargement and zits (for me).
So I'm most interested in things that seems to have UV protection effects without being one of
the standard chemicals that are out there right now. Wrinkle protection/reduction wouldn't hurt either!

#7 zorba990

• Topic Starter
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

Mentioning a product doesn't mean it is any type of endorsement. And for this board you aren't doing anything unique. Lots of us here are buying Tazarotene and/or Tretinoin from overseas. Especially since Fredrik and Eva have been posting a lot about retinoids for some time here now.

While retin-A made several areas of my skin smoother, I developed deep nasolabial grooves, and some diffuse hair loss
while using it. After stopping it took quite a while to return to normal. The constant redness
and sun sensitivity was bothersome as well as the need to wear sunscreen every day
(which I find to be irritating and pore enlarging as well). Perhaps I'm not your average user in
terms of sensitivity - however, I've noticed large pores on other regular sunscreen users as well.

Perhaps a milder form of retinoid would work for me. But, like sunscreens/blocks, I gave up after
years of experimentation and seeing bad effects on my skin. I've had better luck making my
own lotions using things like Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and vitamin E. There are some moisturizing products
I like but I've not yet found a chemical sunscreen that doesn't cause problems for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users