Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Another Pretender! ;-)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

The similarities to Elixxir and my own earlier horribly obnoxious efforts are startling.

Clinton Cabney's MySpace page

There is an undercurrent here:

Perhaps the ADHD/Manic-depressive mindset sensing that it has something of some value, but wanting it to just materialize or manifest, throwing any braggart superlatives out there, hoping, praying for something to catch, but never taking the time and persistence to develop something from start up to realization, never able to focus long enough to write that well written, well researched book.

There is definitely a chance that someone else will see the potential and do all the work for you (it would be foolish to deny this possibility- foolish and resentful), but, for the most part, when entering niches without clear paths to success, and with multiple paths possible, it is the bootstrappers, who are early to market or who have something unique to offer, who most often succeed.

My plea to Mr. Cabney:

Don't wait for some company to come along and buy your plan. Enact it yourself. Take it as far as you can on your own and then, maybe, a larger company or VCs will take interest.
There are so many avenues, it is dizzying: product line, book, website, blog, guru-status, affiliate marketing, etc. etc.
Pick the one you feel most fluid and facile pursuing and pursue it sharply.

I offer this advice and root on the sidelines for I certainly do not have the follow through to follow it myself. :)

Personally, I think the slow steady incremental approach of Eva Victoria is the way to go. Go Eva!

Posted Image
Clinton Cabney at 40

Good luck, Mr. Cabney. You are definitely pretty young looking for 40 and, according to my better half beloved significant other, pretty good looking at that.
The absolute youngest claim is strong but perhaps necessary to stand out from the rest.
Last super quick note: resist the urge to post soft-focus, over exposed, too grainy, or too lo-res pics. Just bare your gleaming skin for the world to envy.

Interesting stuff.

Edited by paulthekind, 05 November 2008 - 12:36 AM.

#2 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:48 AM

Even though Elixxir is quite affrontive, he does bring up a good point or two in his tirades:

What matters more:

research, learnedness, scholarship and vision
or
living examples of non-verbalized or barely cohered principles?

That is, Kurzweil or Elixxir, Rae or Cabney (the silly person linked to above), Weil or Cindy Crawford?

I cannot list Mr de Grey because I think if he shaved that wild unkempt ruffly beard, he would look mad young.

Whom would you follow if you were looking for eternity?
The person who found it via unspoken, untrodden means or the person who could distill it into a capsule?

#3 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:51 AM

Talking about these guys and their blurry pictures reminded me of this and this.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

so this world's youngest 40yo man is a quack , charlatan , maybe pretending to be 40 or post his 30yo photo? i wouldn't buy some "secret" formula w/o legit research or scientific studies backing it. for all i know, the capsule could be a sugar pill

#5 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

We are all big foot babies...

Attached Files

Edited by Brainbox, 16 November 2008 - 05:12 PM.

#6 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

We are all big foot babies...

what do you mean?

#7 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

just a Dutch joke. And I have the worst humour of all. To young faces for our age... or maybe to old feet for our faces... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users