Check it out :)

http://www.accelerat...le-blog/?p=2498

#2 Zenob

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Check it out :)

http://www.accelerat...le-blog/?p=2498

Excellent. At the very least this will help with skin aging. I need to still be purty when I'm 150. ;-)

Now if only this would work with cross links.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,071 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

Schooler presented at UABBA

Info about the process at his homepage.

On his homepage it states that the initial experiment was with worms. I emailed him to see if he has moved forward with anything new.

#4 Zenob

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:17 AM

On his homepage it states that the initial experiment was with worms. I emailed him to see if he has moved forward with anything new.

He doesn't appear to have it refined yet. He is basically "blowing up" the lipofuscin worms. Got to fine tune the frequency and pulse duration and produce some live worms first.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

He doesn't appear to have it refined yet. He is basically "blowing up" the lipofuscin worms. Got to fine tune the frequency and pulse duration and produce some live worms first.

Only the old worms explode, and that's with only 1/10 full power. The young worms survive even at full power. All he has to do is sort out the optimal power for treatment at various ages. Even with very old worms/humans, it might be the case that multiple doses of extremely low power might work, or, perhaps more likely, for patients with too much lipofuscin to survive the level of cell death that an effective dose would create, one could use an approach like a fractional CO2 laser (e.g. fraxel) where the exposure is an array of tiny dots, so any damage would be surrounded by undamaged tissue. Schooler uses 532 nm light, with an 8 ns pulse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users