• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

A Good Opportunity to Plug the Longevity Dividend

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:20 AM

President Elect Obama is currently forming his policies and is simultaneously soliciting input. What a great time to promote a ready made policy that parallels our goals. I submitted the following note to http://change.gov/page/s/healthcare

I recommend all Americans here contribute their 2 cents as well.

The Obama team has become known for the smart, effective and inspiring way that it conducts itself. As President Elect Obama continues to build his policy positions preceding his inauguration he has shown an interest in advocating positions that will benefit multiple aspects of American life.

I feel that the support of the Longevity Dividend is one such synergistic goal. If significant funding were committed to research aimed at slowing and reversing the processes and diseases of aging such as Alzheimers even marginal increases in elderly health and well being would generate a significant return by reducing healthcare expenditures and extending the careers of highly skilled workers – thereby increasing America's human capital.

In addition we would all benefit because the Longevity Dividend is a payout that everyone can collect. Aging is something that we all face and to reach our later years stronger, healthier and with more autonomy than those who have come before is a vision everyone should welcome.

For more information, refer to "In pursuit of the Longevity Dividend," from the March 2006 issue of The Scientist, which can be found online at:

http://www.grg.org/r...heScientist.htm

Imagine if we got every person who voted in the Amex challenge to make a submission.

Edited by lunarsolarpower, 09 December 2008 - 04:22 AM.

#2 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:32 AM

Do you have a link to the article you are quoting? What is the Longevity Dividend?

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:35 AM

Great idea, LSP! I submitted one too. Let's everyone do it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:38 AM

Do you have a link to the article you are quoting? What is the Longevity Dividend?

The link is at the end of the quoted text. Check it out. Olshansky is a member here, BTW.

#5 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:42 AM

The link is at the end of the quoted text. Check it out. Olshansky is a member here, BTW.

I still don't see the article he is quoting. Is that second paragraph from Obama's mouth? If so that would be awesome.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:51 AM

I still don't see the article he is quoting. Is that second paragraph from Obama's mouth? If so that would be awesome.

The quoted stuff was what lunarsolarpower submitted to the Obama site.

#7 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:59 AM

Oh, I understand now. I'm an idiot.

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

This is an awsome site. Obama is the man. Hes the visionary we've been dying for all these years. I submitted the following.

I fully whole heartedly support the concepts outlined in the Longevity Dividend. It is the most crucial and monumental cause ever undertaken in the history of humanity.

Ill add this to the "digg, twine, blog" team project in the google doc on line 39. If anybody wants to join that team let me know. They will meet once a week and go over a few things and keep each other doing tasks in the project. It will require doing as much as you want, or as little as just linking to one life extension blog, adding one life extension twine and or digging one life extension article a week. Oh, and now, or adding a note to this gov change site.

#9 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

I thought this was just for a certain period of time but it looks like its still going.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users