- - - - -

Redo Rage Against the Machines song "Freedom"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

The life extension projects list is always evolving and being tweaked for the better. Im putting this idea here, and them Im going to link to it from its google doc and imminst projects wiki spots to help keep the list concise in that way. Im thinking that linking to topics like this will be useful for further projects. Eventually all the projects being worked on will be transfered to the imminst wiki, when teams commit to focusing on them, and then they will all be linked to discussion topics here in the projects section too.

(original lyrics) They dont even need a redo by a cover band. A youtube video could be made with a life extension theme straight from the original song. If somebody with the skills does this then we wont be using it for financial gain in any way of course, or using it in any way except for internal motivation, unless of course we get permission from Rage Against the Machine. Ive tried to contact those guys years ago to try to tell them about the life extension cause in general, of course as I thought, to no avail. Although it would not hurt to keep trying for anybody. Ive met a lot of bands after concerts and my brother has met dozens and dozens.

Lyrics redo:

Solo, I'm a soloist on a solo list
All live, never on a floppy disk
(cant think of a reword for those first two lines)
Inka, inka, bottle of ink
Paintings of War on Aging
Drawn up by the thoughts I think
(Show a drawing of Bruce heading a charge against of line of pro aging trancists, with a bunch of other life extensionists around him in the charge, and then an army of ghosts behind them, the ghosts would look like notable people who have died, Washington, Ghandi, Ceasar, Alexander the Great, Martin Luther King Jr. Etc…)

Yeah!
Come on!
The militant poet in once again, check it

People sit there playing cards
While people go to early graves
They work for diamonds,
But life is worth more than a diamond wage
With poetry I paint the pictures that hit
More like the murals the fit,
Don’t turn away,
Get in front of it
(self explanatory, throw in pictures of people playing cards, and pictures of people dying in hospitals on death beds, show footage of ambulances and funeral processions at grave yards etc..)

My fellow humans, did ya forget ya names?
Did ya lose them on the wall
Playin' tic-tac-toe?
(show people playing tic tac toe with Imminst and MF logos around them. Alternate between shots of the universe, pictures of an infinity symbol and question marks, alien ships, water parks on other planets, etc… because the point is that playing tic tac toe now is going to stop us from playing some serious big time “tic tac toe” for indefinity, represent that with whatever ideas work, and add shots like this to every one of these “My fellow humans” verses)

Yo, check the diagonal
Three brothers and sisters gone
Come on
Doesn't that make it three in a row?
(then show faces of 3 notable life extensionists we’ve lost when we zoom in to the tic tac toe game, the three faces will be in a row where the 0s should be.)

Spoken quietly: "Anger is a gift"

Come on!
Uggh!

(Guitar solo)

Drop that!
Uggh!
Come on
Yeah
Uggh

My fellow humans, did ya forget ya names?
Did ya lose them on the wall
Playin' tic-tac-toe?

Yo, check the diagonal
Three billion gone
Come on
'Cause you know that agings counting backwards to zero

(By some sources there are an estimated 3 billion people that have come before us. In this area of the video show stuff like a very vast grave yard panning out so you can see more and more of it. )

Environment
The environment exceeding on the level
Of our unconciousness
For example
What does the billboard say?
Come and play!, come and play!
Forget about the movement

(Show people walking past a bunch of different billboards and walking into a bunch of different bars, resteraunts and clubs, and pan in and out between other life extensionists working on advertising projects that aren’t going any where, like, show them making a proposal for a life extension billboard and then shaking their head and putting their head in their hand like the proposal for the billboard didn’t go through. And have scenes of researchers in labs and Aubrey at podiums.)

Aohelix!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users