• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

Clinton: "World breathes sigh of relief"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:56 AM

http://www.latimes.c...0,5471884.story

Coming from one that voted for the Iraq war, which has been *the* overwhelming focus of negative world opinion, she just seems sooo slimy. Of course, she said she didn't realize that voting to authorize war actually meant we could go to war. What a sleeze. That's what we want in a Sec of State. Hubby didn't know the meaning of "is" and wifie doesn't know the meaning of "authorize." These are the two snakes that sat there on 60 Minutes, during the '90 primary, and swore up and down that Jennifer Flowers was lying. And then she (our new witch-of-state) pulled out the claws and proceeded to drag Flower's reputation through the mud. Of course, after Willie admitted in open court to an affair with Jennie, reporters from around the globe called her to apologize.

I have to continually ask myself why did Obama select this woman? What was the payback for? Obama and Clinton, the cream and the crud from the bottom. So different.

Edited by FuLL meMbeR, 28 January 2009 - 05:11 AM.

#2 Kutta

• Guest, F@H
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

What do you expect from such posts? That others would gladly engage in discussion, and that way you would gain a greater insight? Clearly you're not making ANY changes in your opinions. You could just print some posters and throw them around in your town. It is an infinitely rude thing to advertise yourself here. This is a forum, not a bazaar.

#3 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

I have to continually ask myself why did Obama select this woman?

Competence, experience, statesmanship.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 sUper GeNius

• Topic Starter
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

There are plenty of candidates that possess those qualities, and without the baggage. He clearly chose her for other reasons.

Edited by FuLL meMbeR, 28 January 2009 - 10:37 PM.

#5 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:37 AM

There are plenty of candidates that possess those qualities, and without the baggage. He clearly chose her for other reasons.

She clearly has them in excess of the other candidates. She almost beat Obama, and that is quite an achievement seeing as he is likely to be one of the most popular Presidents of all time.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

Obama seems to be trying to pull in different groups of people and craft some sort of large coalition. There's a pretty large group of people for whom Hillary is some sort of icon, being that she was the first female presidential candidate with a decent (though not enough, imho) chance of winning. The PUMA folks would represent that in the extreme, but I think it goes a lot more broadly though not as deep as them. Along with the domestic angle, Hillary is pretty huge on the world stage, like it or not. I think those factors, along with competence and experience, are enough to explain it without having to invoke anything sinister.

#7 sUper GeNius

• Topic Starter
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Obama seems to be trying to pull in different groups of people and craft some sort of large coalition. There's a pretty large group of people for whom Hillary is some sort of icon, being that she was the first female presidential candidate with a decent (though not enough, imho) chance of winning. The PUMA folks would represent that in the extreme, but I think it goes a lot more broadly though not as deep as them. Along with the domestic angle, Hillary is pretty huge on the world stage, like it or not. I think those factors, along with competence and experience, are enough to explain it without having to invoke anything sinister.

Obama has Hillary on the team because he recognized his "mandate" is tenuous and fragile at best. This whole thing could easily spin in if things were to start against him.

Things like:

-the economy and financial mess get even worse...
-there is a terrorist attack, first one in a decade.
-war in the middle east.

Without Hillary's cadre, Obama would be hit from both sides, Republican and Hillarians. He'd lose those "Reagan Democrats," the rural crowd in states like PA who voted three-to-one against him in the primary. This could easily be a one-term presidency. All of his traits that were considered positives could easily work against him.

-youth. Considered rejuvenating to the nation, now looks like inexperience.
-political inexperience. At the time desirable, a break from the Beltway crowd, now would be equated with incompetence.
-smiley face, caring, hand out to muslims, Iran, no torture, no Gitmo, no eavesdropping, initially perceived as a welcome change, now would be considered naivete.

The Republican would hammer it home, and the Hillarians would figure their own way to use it against him. The boy wonder, the savior, the sophisticate, would morph into the Boy Blunder, the prima-donna, the devil. Obama is in a precarious situation, and he knows it.

Edited by FuLL meMbeR, 29 January 2009 - 08:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users