- - - - -

get an imminst ad in Life Extension Foundation magazine

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

I wonder what it would take to get an imminst ad in the Life Extension Foundation magazine. There isnt one in there right?

#2 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:55 AM

I wonder what it would take to get an imminst ad in the Life Extension Foundation magazine. There isnt one in there right?

What would we advertise? Come read our forum? Help us F@H? I think we should wait until we have a concrete research project with an associated fund raiser or something before doing something like this.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Ive heard this concern before, and Im a bit puzzled by it. I mean, I could be wrong but, come and join imminst because we are a growing community of grass roots and proffessional people continuously working for Advocacy and Research for Unlimited Lifespans in more and more growing and expanding dynamic ways.

More and more concrete things to advertise will be better and better, I know, and the more interested people we have around here the faster we can make that happen.

#4 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

In once sense we are like a super computer churning away. We are like bees to the hive. We are little workers toiling away. In another sense we have endless debates and discussions, the topics are brought up over and over again, we argue about the complexities of metabolism and so on. Many great minds have moved on and many promising new ones arrive but are are often overlooked. Many members take years before they become knowledgeable enough to make a positive contribution.

Ideally we want to be maturing mentally and phyiscally without the negative impacts of aging e.g. physical and mental decline. What would a person be like that keeps developing and maturing (get more experience, life skills and so on) but does not age?

#5 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

Recorders Minute:
Added to the ED's toddo

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

The recorders decided that Mind should talk to LEF about a possible collaboration. Perhaps an article about an effort (like F@H prize) that both orgs are working on.

Straight up ads are too expensive.

#7 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

I did get a response from Thiago Garcia at LEF and he said they are very interested in ANY future collaboration. Whether it be some sort-of advertising arrangement, research collaboration, publishing of articles, they are open to discussion.

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

Is there time to see about a possible ad for the lipofuscin research fund raiser getting into the lef magazine?

Ill be continuing to save a bit here and there and donate and help promote this until the 17th.

#9 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

I did send an email about the Laser Matching Grant but did not get a response....yet.

#10 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

This is actually a great idea. Maybe we drop this stupid laser thing and focus on something that makes sense, like getting an article/advertising into LEF magazine?

#11 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

I will be sending LEF another email asking about our book and Laser Funding.

#12 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

Ok, I got a response from one of the editors of LEF about getting the Imminst book mentioned in the LEF magazine book section. I am sending them my paperback copy so they can review it. The editor did not want to review the free online PDF.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users