Cancer ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 theone

• Life Member
  • 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

This type of treatment is currently being done in China. Is this similar to what Researchers at Wake Forest University are doing with the cancer resistance mice?

Chinese centers now offering Lymphocyte/NK cell transfusion

In this method, compatible blood from the closest relatives (parents, siblings) are collected and the lymphocytes are isolated. The NK (Natural Killer) cells, which are the body’s main cancer-fighting cells, are isolated, and the NK-rich fraction is transfused into the patient. This can be repeated at intervals.

#2 timziums88

• 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

This type of treatment is currently being done in China. Is this similar to what Researchers at Wake Forest University are doing with the cancer resistance mice?

Chinese centers now offering Lymphocyte/NK cell transfusion

In this method, compatible blood from the closest relatives (parents, siblings) are collected and the lymphocytes are isolated. The NK (Natural Killer) cells, which are the body's main cancer-fighting cells, are isolated, and the NK-rich fraction is transfused into the patient. This can be repeated at intervals.

I haven't personally researched that study, but I have been researching about other life extending principles. Did you happen to see the episode about the guy who actually grew back his finger after it was amputated? I want to find that clip, it was absolutely mind boggling.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

This type of treatment is currently being done in China. Is this similar to what Researchers at Wake Forest University are doing with the cancer resistance mice? (...)
lymphocytes are isolated. The NK (Natural Killer)(...)-rich fraction is transfused into the patient

No, Dr Cui's observations are that the granulocytes must be transferred. There are 3 main different types of white blood cells (=leucocytes): monocytes, granulocytes and lymphocytes. There are then subtypes, but they are clearly different, both in shape and function.
Here is the relevant thread for what they do at Wake Forest University (now including a link to the clinical trial web site)

the guy who actually grew back his finger after it was amputated?

it was a hoax. it seems to me that in your recent posts you actually mostly referred to hoaxes.

Edited by AgeVivo, 14 May 2009 - 11:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users