• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

An "ageless man" who allegedly exists.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

Whether this is a hoax or not - it's kinda relevant to a life extension topic. Shortly:

1.One guy had a chat bot set up (artificial intelligence). There are such things - u can talk to a "conscious" (more likely - clueless) software, that imitates another human being.
2.That guy skimmed through log of conversation one night, conversations that happened between his bot and anonymous visitors, and stumbled upon one that got his interest.
3.Anonymous visitor (aka Gene) "let the pressure out" to a software about his "secret".. which is - he does not age ("like some turtles" - gene).

I won't tell anything more, if u r interested and have 30+ mins or so, go here: http://agelessgene.c...54/Default.aspx

Edited by VidX, 31 August 2009 - 02:51 AM.

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:30 AM

I'm willing to bet that the this conversation was created by this website's owner. The website itself is probably the hoax.

Edited by forever freedom, 31 August 2009 - 06:32 AM.

#3 VidX

• Topic Starter
  • 865 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

Maybe, who knows. Though there's no ads (no profit) and visitor count not that big over the years...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 cribbon

• 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

some guy probably saw "The man from earth", had a big bottle of wine and decided to create a hoax or something.

#5 VidX

• Topic Starter
  • 865 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

Well this was earlier and chatbots aren't usually the best way to create hoaxes. I wonder - could it be possible, as if there are ageless animals and we are animals too - maybe a few people out of billions could have such a mutation, like for ex. that girl who is permanently in her early childhood.

Anyway - the survey results in that site are kinda dissapointing, I mean - a lot of people voted that "They would not want to stop the aging process". though I guess half of them would completely change their mind after some thought.

Edited by VidX, 31 August 2009 - 02:36 PM.

#6 solbanger

• 215 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

some guy probably saw "The man from earth", had a big bottle of wine and decided to create a hoax or something.

Heh, I was thinking of the Twilight Zone episode Long Live Walter Jameson. About a guy who remained young since the civil war who wanted to marry some professor's young daughter in the 40's, only to be shot by an old grandma who turned out to be one of his ex-flames.

It's a stunt by some bored college kid. But the idea is kind of new twist on the lonely immortal stories from the 50's; an immortal man bonds with an AI program just so he can have a friend who doesn't age.

Also consider the billions and billions of people needed to hit this Lazarus mutation. More than likely if something like this were to happen, the guy would be Asian.

Edited by solbanger, 31 August 2009 - 04:38 PM.

#7 HealthologisT

• 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:05 AM

Isnt there a member of this site named BEN ABBA who claims to be in contact with a man at least 2,800 years old?

Also, believe I saw this HOAX(?) on the ABOVE TOP SECRET site a coupla years ago? Somebody was asking about it. Reads very familiar. If GENE (short for GENETICS?) has been living so long, he sure is DUMB!

Edited by HealthologisT, 04 September 2009 - 05:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users