• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Transhumanism Into Immortality (Video)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dan_australia

• 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hi all

My friend Adam Ford and I recently had a conversation that we'd like to share with you all here at Imminst. We just felt like contributing to the Immortality/Transhumanism community.

We discussed the following topics:

• Transhumanism.
  • Nanotechnology.
  • Immortality.
  • The technological singularity.
  • Life-extension.
  • Artificial intelligence.
  • Virtual reality.
  • …and the future of sex.

We're not experts on any topic, but find the whole thing extremely fascinating. I'd love to hear your thoughts, or additional comments to things we discussed.

I hope you enjoy the conversation.

Cheers
Dan Bacon
http://www.danbacon.org/

#2 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:16 AM

Interesting concept but I recommend finding a place without tremendous ambient noise (dishes clanking, kids playing, etc.) if you do this again.

#3 dan_australia

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:48 AM

Interesting concept but I recommend finding a place without tremendous ambient noise (dishes clanking, kids playing, etc.) if you do this again.

Noted.

Yes, we moved location after a few minutes (skip to 7 mins 26 secs). Most of the video is shot outside.

Would be interested to hear comments on what was spoken about.

Cheers
Dan

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

I enjoyed the video. Most of the themes were things I think about daily, but there were a couple of new ideas for me in there as well -- like future AI's considering us uninteresting in the way we consider animals uninteresting.

It's funny, but it was kind of uplifting and inspiring for me to watch this. To hear other people talk about this just makes me feel good. Guess it reminds me that I'm not crazy! Plus, it reminded me of how badly I want to be there to witness the future. I hope you keep talking to people and spreading the message (the hospital bed example was good, I can see people responding to that). If there were more people like you in this world, it'd make JLL a very happy guy.

#5 dan_australia

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:24 AM

It's funny, but it was kind of uplifting and inspiring for me to watch this. To hear other people talk about this just makes me feel good. Guess it reminds me that I'm not crazy! Plus, it reminded me of how badly I want to be there to witness the future. I hope you keep talking to people and spreading the message (the hospital bed example was good, I can see people responding to that). If there were more people like you in this world, it'd make JLL a very happy guy.

Ditto mate.

It's inspiring to me too when I hear that there are others who care about life and want to be around to witness the future. There is so much to come.

As for talking to more people - the reality is that I won't get much of a chance over the next couple of years. I'm too busy running my business in an unrelated field ( http://www.themodernman.com/ ) and then have to finish my novel and get it published (it's on the topic of transhumanism/immortality). Do you (or anyone else reading this) attend any of the meetups, like these: http://www.singularitysummit.com/ ? I hope to get to some of those things in 2012.

Dan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users