- - - - -

Methylene Blue dilution

methylene blue

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 SYNTAX

• 47 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Alright, I may have missed the thread discussing this, but I am not sure how much I need to dilute my bottle of MB before consuming a drop of it.

I bought a 2.303% solution. the bottle is 4 fl oz (118 mL)

If some of you have said a 60 mcg dose is useful for mental clarity and information retention, how do I get from point A to point B?

Thank you.

ANSWER:

1 drop 2.303% solution diluted in 50ml.
(~1mg)

50ml = 50*20 = 1000 drops.

1 drop of diluted solution = ~1 mcg.
(actually ~1.15 mcg)

1-2 mcg seems to work better for headaches than 60 mcg.

sorry for making the post! dont know how to delete it

Edited by caliban, 05 July 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

Just so you know, the 1-2 mcg may have been because of interference with CoQ10.
Or, you need a smaller dose if you're taking CoQ10.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 SYNTAX

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

Just so you know, the 1-2 mcg may have been because of interference with CoQ10.
Or, you need a smaller dose if you're taking CoQ10.

And what is thought to be a memory-enhancing dose if CoQ10 is not in your system?

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

And what is thought to be a memory-enhancing dose if CoQ10 is not in your system?

60mcg is supposed to be pretty good.
You should play around with the dosage ....

#5 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Is this brand any good?

http://www.fishandfi...r-treatment.htm

It doesn't say how strong the solution is. Any idea how I should mix it with water? But this is the only brand I can find that will ship to Finland.

#6 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

Is this brand any good?

It doesn't say how strong the solution is. Any idea how I should mix it with water? But this is the only brand I can find that will ship to Finland.

It's probably 2.303%, same as kordon. The recommended dosage for fish is also the same per gallon.
Use a medicine dropper and a graduated cylinder, or just some container that holds a known amount of water.

#7 SYNTAX

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Is this brand any good?

It's probably 2.303%, same as kordon. The recommended dosage for fish is also the same per gallon.
Use a medicine dropper and a graduated cylinder, or just some container that holds a known amount of water.

filling a 1/3 cup measuring cup about 85% with water provides almost the exact ratio of pure water/single drop of concentrate. I like 1 mcg more than 20 or 30 mcg, and I'm not taking the CoQ10

#8 SYNTAX

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

Is this brand any good?

my apologies if this is a bit makeshift, but this is what one drop of 2.303% MB looks like in the correct amount of water, and it is the correct amount of water.

this is a 1/3 cup measuring cup.

Posted Image

Edited by SYNTAX, 11 October 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#9 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

I have looked at some of the posts regarding MB but I am uncertain on how much to take.

I have purchased some MB that is used for aquarium fish 2.44% w/w.

How would I dilute this down ?

Many thanks.

#10 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

Well the dose people seem to be using here is 60mcg.

People here can tell me if my calculations on this are off, but I'd say the easiest way would be to dilute 1ml of MB with 16.6ml of water. Then 1 drop of that should equal around 60mcg. Assuming 1ml = 1gram and 1gram = 0.02 grams of actual MB.

I'd just use a milliliter syringe and dropper.

Edited by Declmem, 16 October 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#11 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

People here can tell me if my calculations on this are off, but I'd say the easiest way would be to dilute 1ml of MB with 16.6ml of water. Then 1 drop of that should equal around 60mcg. Assuming 1ml = 1gram and 1gram = 0.02 grams of actual MB.

Thanks for that.

Would I just take 60mcg drop sublingually at once or would I need to mix it with water and take throughout the day?

#12 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for that.

Would I just take 60mcg drop sublingually at once or would I need to mix it with water and take throughout the day?

You can take it sublingually if you want to see what its like to have the inside of your mouth turn blue. ;)

When I took it, I dropped 1-3 drops into a cup of water, mixed it up, and then drank that. 3-4 times a day.

#13 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

I'd like to point out that 1ml = 24 mcg = 0.024 grams.
So following your instructions would yield 72 mcg.
I don't know if that makes a difference, but there you go.

#14 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

You can take it sublingually if you want to see what its like to have the inside of your mouth turn blue. ;)

When I took it, I dropped 1-3 drops into a cup of water, mixed it up, and then drank that. 3-4 times a day.

Cool, a blue tongue ;)

Did you dilut the MB or did you use the drops straight out of the bottle and mixed with a cup of water.

Would you say that method roughly equalled the 60mcg dose?

Thanks.

#15 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

Would 72 mcg be to much or what would be the best way to get 60mcg; I have read some post suggesting 1mcg, something to do with COQ10?.

#16 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

Would 72 mcg be to much or what would be the best way to get 60mcg; I have read some post suggesting 1mcg, something to do with COQ10?.

It's not that big of a deal. Try it and see if you like the effect.
If not, try the 1mcg dose too.
Basically you need to play around with the dosage to get it right for you.

Someone even mentioned that they got brain fog at 1mcg!
(Caveat: The person is fit and young)

It probably does have something to do with fitness and CoQ10 level.

#17 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

Don't take it.

#18 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

It's not that big of a deal. Try it and see if you like the effect.
If not, try the 1mcg dose too.
Basically you need to play around with the dosage to get it right for you.

Someone even mentioned that they got brain fog at 1mcg!
(Caveat: The person is fit and young)

It probably does have something to do with fitness and CoQ10 level.

Thank you.

I'll play with the dosages and see which suits me.

#19 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

Don't take it.

Hi,

What reason would you give for not taking it, have you had any bad issues with using it yourself ?

Thanks

#20 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

I meant to post this a while back... Thought you guys might get a kick out of it. ;)

In my searching on info related to Methylene Blue/Rember for treatment of Alzheimer's, I came across a quote from a Cancer book by the late (she died in Sept of this year), and controversial/quack Hulda Regehr Clark that states "Cancer is caused by a parasite linked to your DNA growth regulators by the alkylating agent, Methylene Blue. This dye accidentally gets into your water from filters and bleaches used to sanitize the water. This starts the linkage to other well known carcinogens to build the cancer-complex. Learn to avoid and destroy the cancer-complex using herbs and other low-tech methods to bring a cure, not just a treatment, for our most dreaded disease. "

http://curezone.com/...book.asp?ID=937
http://www.amazon.co...580/curezone-20

Edit:Corrected link

Edited by frankbuzin, 17 October 2009 - 06:07 PM.

#21 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Bump!

#22 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

What reason would you give for not taking it, have you had any bad issues with using it yourself ?

I would imagine that kismet is opposed to taking substances which have not been adequately tested in humans.

#23 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

I would imagine that kismet is opposed to taking substances which have not been adequately tested in humans.

That is understandable.

I am going to try the 1mcg first and then the 72mcg (unless any one knows how to get 60mcg). I understand how to dilute the concerntration down, but I am still uncertain how to take it; I know Declmem said that they add 1-3 drops in a cup of water and drink throughout the day. But is that the full strength drops or the diluted drops, if it is the diluted drops would that not dilute them down further?

#24 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

I am going to try the 1mcg first and then the 72mcg (unless any one knows how to get 60mcg). I understand how to dilute the concerntration down, but I am still uncertain how to take it; I know Declmem said that they add 1-3 drops in a cup of water and drink throughout the day. But is that the full strength drops or the diluted drops, if it is the diluted drops would that not dilute them down further?

You could measure it with a dropper and use 16 or 17 drops (instead of 1ml) in the same 16.6 ml of water.

He was talking about the diluted drops. It will defintely dilute further, but that is to prevent blue stains.
You care about the dosage, not the dilution.

#25 8lu3

• 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

You could measure it with a dropper and use 16 or 17 drops (instead of 1ml) in the same 16.6 ml of water.

He was talking about the diluted drops. It will defintely dilute further, but that is to prevent blue stains.
You care about the dosage, not the dilution.

Brilliant.

So the 16 or 17 drops in 16.6ml of water should give approx 60 mcg. When you say about the dosage and not the dilution is that more homeopathic where less is more type of thing?

Thanks again.

#26 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

Yep, just that.

#27 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

I second that, and there needs to be significantly more appreciation of this philosophy.

Edited by czukles, 18 October 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#28 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

Yep, just that.

Well, it has been tested at doses 1000x the ones we're talking about here.
It's been tried as a treatment for a bunch of things without too many ill effects.
It's also used commonly as a dye with no reports of toxicity, chronic or otherwise.
  • like x 1

#29 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Thanks, you're right, I just rounded it down to 2%. Actually on my bottle it is 2.3%, so the calculations on this may have to vary.

Again anyone feel free to correct me, but for 2.4%, you should dilute 1ml of MB with 20ml of water to get 60mcg per drop. :p

Makes it even easier actually

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Thanks, you're right, I just rounded it down to 2%. Actually on my bottle it is 2.3%, so the calculations on this may have to vary.

Again anyone feel free to correct me, but for 2.4%, you should dilute 1ml of MB with 20ml of water to get 60mcg per drop. :p

Makes it even easier actually

D'oh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: methylene blue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users