• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Volunteer Wanted

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:05 PM

If your looking for a fun easy way to volunteer for the cause then let me know here and we can go over it.

Some things you would do include:

1. Welcoming new members. Look through the list of new members on a weekly basis and send as many of them as you can personalized welcome messages. I can help you customize a basic structure to help engage people.

2. Respond to good topics that are orientated toward indefinite life extension that were created by people that are online now. When people see that their topics are active, they are more likely to respond, rather than stopping by and leaving.

3. Help people filter their forums. Encourage people to filter their forums in any way you can.

4. Other misc.

I usually do this, but if somebody else can make this their focus then it will help a lot. Every little thing adds up and is a tremendous help. We'll enter you in the monthly volunteer prize drawing for this, but most of all it helps keep participation flowing, which encourages more and allows us to grow, and it inspires more people to join.

#2 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

I've already been doing this. However reads this should do so as well

#3 chrwe

• Guest,
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

That sounds like something for someone who likes talking, so I volunteer.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

I was hoping to talk you into joining the content management team, but it seems this would be something you could help a lot with too. Get a hold of me in skype or find me in the imminst chat box and we can go over it more. A few of us have been chomping at the bit waiting for the right time and place to start a recruiters team rather than doing it with out goals and outlines on an individual basis, whos progress is less documentable. When we document things like this better it generally helps to instill more confidence in more people to get out their shovels and help dig.

Your on the VIP Outreach team, and there is a potential development in that, in that we are thinking of expanding it to cover media outreach, political outreach, other organizations, and others. We would do that rather than starting a new team for each. We already do contact those other categories at times anyways, this last month entirely.

So Im thinking here, maybe we could expand it to also cover recruiting outreach. Im not sure though, what do you think? The other categories require longer personalized snail mail letters and calls of which we only expect a person to create 1 or a few per month. Recruiting is more of a copy paste, minimally personalized outreach of which we would set higher goals, like 10 to 50 or more per month.

#5 Reno

• 584 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

I normally focus on the nanotechnology forum. I definitely try and answer questions there, and welcome people when I see new people. If you need help moderate it I'm sure val or I would be glad to help.

Edited by Reno, 03 July 2010 - 10:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users