Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Facebook Contributors Needed

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jurence

• 137 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

Thought I'd post this here first, then post it in the Member forum (probably tomorrow: March 2 2010) at a later date.

We are going to have to create a new Facebook fan page, so I need contributors (who would be mods/admins of the Facebook page) who frequent imminst, related topics, and Facebook. Contributors would post imminst updates, news, and news on life extension in general on the facebook page.

The page is still yet to be established (should be by end of tonight). Please reply here or PM me if you are interested or know people who would be good for the job.

Thanks.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

We also have another thread about the content management team managing all of the alternative social media outlets. Eventually, we will create a team sub section where we can collate all of these efforts.

#3 GiovanniR

• 80 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

I have a Facebook profile, especially created with the purpose of networking with cryonicists and immortalists.
My name there is Giovanni Ranzo.
I am, of course, available to help in this.

#4 @silverton

• Guest, F@H
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

Contributors would post imminst updates, news, and news on life extension in general on the facebook page.

Count me in. Thanks to brokenportal for the encouragement to just keep starting over, if that's what it takes.

switch (success) {
   case Num_Tries >= (Num_Fails+1):
	  puts ("Success!");
	  break;
   case default:
	  puts ("Try again. There is no FAIL case.");
	  break;
}

#5 Jurence

• Topic Starter
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

Please put your full name or a direct link to your facebook on here too guys. Thanks.

#6 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

I'm in. I'll help in all the ways that I can.

#7 GiovanniR

• 80 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

This is the link to my profile:
Giovanni Ranzo.

#8 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

oops forgot to put name
(DEL)

link: HERE

Edited by caliban, 30 July 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#9 Jurence

• Topic Starter
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hey everyone, here is a quick update-

I've been hellaciously busy with school lately. I'll try to assign roles for the facebook mods over the next few weeks and get some more mods (so please post if interested!). chow!

#10 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

Alright, excellent. Ive added you three here: http://www.imminst.o...o...20&start=20

Send us your skypes too if you have it. If you dont have it its free and takes about 3 minutes to download. Or you can make the process faster and add me and Ill send you Jurences skype contact. My skype id is brokenportal.

Youll all want to ask Mind for admin access to the facebook page, and then wait for what Jurence has for you to do. It wont be much, but it will go a long long ways. Thanks a million.

#11 GiovanniR

• 80 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

Alright, excellent. Ive added you three here: http://www.imminst.o...o...20&start=20

Send us your skypes too if you have it. If you dont have it its free and takes about 3 minutes to download. Or you can make the process faster and add me and Ill send you Jurences skype contact. My skype id is brokenportal.

Youll all want to ask Mind for admin access to the facebook page, and then wait for what Jurence has for you to do. It wont be much, but it will go a long long ways. Thanks a million.

I just added you to my contacts on Skype.

#12 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

We need to formulate a plan for how best to use the facebook fan page.

I would suggest that every important Imminst announcement, in the forums, on the front page, or through mass email, would be announced on the fan page as well. I am unsure how much we would want to use the mass email through facebook. Is once a week too much? Maybe once a month?

Some of the mods who are facebook "pros" should work on building the numbers of followers of the fan page. Is there a limit on the number of followers?

We should work on the cause donations through facebook. We might want to reserve calls for donations for specific initiatives instead of just asking for money constantly.

#13 Agent

• Life Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

Please add me to the Facebook Team.
[Link]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users