- - - - -

Ending Aging books, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

I have a bazillion surplus Ending Aging books sitting at my house in Mountain View, CA. If anyone has a creative use for them, I can give them out for the cost of shipping or free if you pick them up.

#2 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:32 AM

I have a bazillion surplus Ending Aging books sitting at my house in Mountain View, CA. If anyone has a creative use for them, I can give them out for the cost of shipping or free if you pick them up.

John I own a newsagency in Western Sydney,NSW, Australia.

If shipping costs were'nt to high I'd like to take some to give away to my customers.

If it helps get the message out its worth it.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:24 AM

How many is a bazillion? Ill pay you to send about half a bazillion here if youve got them.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,047 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

Imminst could find good use of them handing them out at conferences or giving them away to new members or volunteers.

#5 Agent

• Life Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:42 AM

I would like to donate some to English libraries here.

Like Collegium Invisible: http://www.ci.edu.pl/en/programy.php or 9 libraries of the British Council:
http://www.britishco...ies-network.htm

However, it would look better if ImmInst itself donated books, sending packages with several titles (Ending Aging, SCOD, others) and official letters.
Nothing by Aubrey de Grey, Ray Kurzweil, is in _any_ English library in Poland. Nor Timeship, nor SCOD: http://www.bibang.uw.edu.pl/fidkar/

So, 20 books for me or 20 packages for libraries from ImmInst directly :)

Edited by Agent, 02 March 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#6 Agent

• Life Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

What if when donating books we paste a sticker inside the book cover saying:
"This book has been donated by the Immortality Institute"?
+ web address, postal address and email address.

(See attachment.)

Attached Files

#7 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

What if when donating books we paste a sticker inside the book cover saying:
"This book has been donated by the Immortality Institute"?
+ web address, postal address and email address.

(See attachment.)

Good idea. Thats what I do. I bought 12 copies a while ago and have given them out to libraries and a few other places. I usually stuff a mini flyer, and sometimes a pamphlet in there too, and I write, "Donated by Imminst.org - Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans" in it. If you want to get a little more facny and permanent you could order those stickers you propose there from imminst.org/store. If you want then let me know and we can see about making them there.

I'll pay the shipping on 100 of these books if there are that many. Im planning on doing a statewide outreach with the remaining 80 or so LifeQuest Cryonics books I have this spring, and I was thinking about how I wished I could add more books to the mix. If I get more copies of Ending Aging here, I think Im also going to see about getting my hands on 100 copies of SCOD for this purpose as well. Ill write Shannon and see if she might be able to afford to send some copies of 21rst Century Kids too.

#8 John Schloendorn

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

OK sounds reasonable, I'd like to do this through ImmInst. Where am I mailing them to?

#9 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:25 AM

Could I have some please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users