• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Why We Need to Support Indefinite Life Extension:

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:08 AM

This is a topic for discussion about this paper, now on the

Front Page

Attached File  Hillary_in_front_of_Everest_Immortality_Institute.jpg   43.76KB   46 downloads

Edited by brokenportal, 29 June 2010 - 06:04 PM.
now on front page

#2 Lee Robinson Petzer

• 48 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:29 AM

I whole heartedly agree. There isn't a moment to waste. Even if life is not extended indefinately, what could be achieved if we had two lifetimes?

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Does anybody care to discuss any of the points of this article? Let us know what you think.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 b0gger

• 167 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

Sure it's a great article. I am getting litterate with "Vegas Movie Studio" - I think I can try to make a short youtube video, based on the article, it might get more hits.

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

If you can, then please do, that could be great. Comments on this paper anybody? Snide remarks? Criticism? Hell Ide take anything to help spur the discussion about this subject into motion. Its always nice to you know... have discussions about indefinite life extension going at an unlimited lifespans research and advocacy organization.

Heres another thing, Im not saying just this, but people can start adding things around Imminst to their facebook wall. Try it out, it will inspire more to do so as well. Its built right in with this new forum upgrade, look at the bottom of each topic, theres little buttons for things like facebook.

#6 Inkstersco

• 42 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

The article contains a lot of quotations from American leaders.

JOHN ADAMS, letter to General Horatio Gates, 1776

"The middle way is no way at all. If we finally fail in this great and glorious contest, it will be by bewildering ourselves in groping for the middle way. "

--Iain

Edited by Inkstersco, 09 July 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

I dont think they are all American. It wasnt intended that many of them are. Thats just the lean I get in an American school system and with an American media. I have read a ton of books though, and I read them based on an interest in the world theme.

Thats a great quote there. It does seem that the middle way is no way, that its either win, or lose. Its either move forward and get there, or dont get there. We must, must be bold in this pioneering cause. We really have no other choice.

Like King said we must face the fierce urgency of now. Like Kennedy said about going to the moon, we must be bold.

Although not in this article, Im also reminded of quotes like this,

"You are about to embark upon the great crusade toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you...I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle." - Dwight Eisenhower

They were willing to take a bullet in the head for far less than what we are fighting for. Let that be an inspiration to you when you decide how much to sacrifice for the movement for indefinite life extension. Remember their sacrifices and give accordingly.

#8 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Although not in this article, Im also reminded of quotes like this,

"You are about to embark upon the great crusade toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you...I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle." - Dwight Eisenhower

They were willing to take a bullet in the head for far less than what we are fighting for. Let that be an inspiration to you when you decide how much to sacrifice for the movement for indefinite life extension. Remember their sacrifices and give accordingly.

Except that there is nothing to sacrifice. Except maybe the time it takes to volunteer.

#9 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

Except that there is nothing to sacrifice. Except maybe the time it takes to volunteer.

That is a sacrifice, though not a very big one compared to what its for, and also not a very big one compared to the huge sacrifices that others have gave for important, but less important causes.

#10 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:36 AM

One of the main things that this paper goes over is how people would say wait, how people would say slow down, how the ultra conservative would advise against the many things that have gotten us to where we are today. When its important, then we can not afford to be disengaged. When its important, then we have to engage directly or we will never get there in our lifetimes or any lifetimes soon thereafter.

The premise is that in a movement of this nature, "We don't have to know we can get there to go there but we do have to go there to get there."

I feel that a general non understanding, the fact that many people outside of this cause seem to have never thought about the concepts in this paper, is one of the major things that we need to get through to move this cause along. Understanding, discussing, and spreading these notions and points, it seems to me is something that we have to actively engage in.

To that end, consider writing more papers like this, directing us to similar themes, and give comments on the concepts that this paper goes over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users