- - - - -

Should I move to the US? I'm from Canada

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

I live in Canada close to the US border and I'm tempted to move to America to be close to a cryonics facility (I would move next door to one if possible :-D). I don't know if i should move to the US though, the only reason I would move there is for being close to a cryonics facility and besides I don't even know anything about America.

I don't know what cryonics facility i should choose. I don't know how to decide I just want the best treatment available and money doesn't matter.

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

If it's that important to you, then by all means do it. Alcor is more expensive but their treatment is presumably better. I'd move to Arizona (where Alcor is located, and its laws are more cryonics-friendly). But what about your life? Are there no other important factors to consider before moving?

#3 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

Any Americans here? I'd really like to hear your opinions.

#4 drus

• 278 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

I live in Canada close to the US border and I'm tempted to move to America to be close to a cryonics facility (I would move next door to one if possible :-D). I don't know if i should move to the US though, the only reason I would move there is for being close to a cryonics facility and besides I don't even know anything about America.

I don't know what cryonics facility i should choose. I don't know how to decide I just want the best treatment available and money doesn't matter.

immigrating to the US can be very difficult, if not near impossible these days, for the average canadian. if you can do it, and it's feasible for you to do so, then go for it. you'll obviously want to live near the cryonics service provider of your choice (phoenix AZ - Alcor, detroit MI - CI). although, you may also want to consider states that have 'death with dignity' and 'objection to autopsy' laws in place. however, if you are unable to relocate to the US and you are a member of CI, the next best thing would be to relocate to a city (in ontario) near the south-eastern michigan border. from the detroit/windsor border, CI is only about a 20 mins drive. from the port huron/sarnia border, CI is about a 45 mins drive. If you're an alcor member then i'd recommend living in toronto. there is a strong pro-cryonics society there (CSC), and the toronto airport has direct/immediate flight service to phoenix (as well as all major US cities). if you want my opinion on what CSP to go with, as an ontario resident i recommend CI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users