Some changes of personal focus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Dear all,

I am working on a number of projects presently that are of high importance as far as I am concerned.

One of them is the ImmInst International Conference (at the International Auditorium, in Brussels, the weekend of the 9th and 10th of October). Speakers being invited presently; publicity to be unleashed on Monday. To ensure this is a success, it'll be necessary for me to devote more time to it than I have been doing, as I have been asked to manage this project (previously I was simply helping out).

Another is a cryonics-related project that I am managing, and to which I also need to devote more time than I have been doing.

I've found that I've been distracted from these tasks by a lot of the day-to-day grind that I'm doing. This includes my day job, unrelated to life extension, working in Health and Social care, and various (mostly behind-the-scenes, but ever-present and time-consuming) duties attached to my position on the Board of Directors here at the Immortality Institute.

To this end, I have recently given notice to both of these (my day job, and the Board of Directors here) of my intention to resign from these roles, to concentrate on my most important tasks.

Having given this notice, today represents the first day in which I am neither an employee at my former workplace, nor a member of the Board of Directors here at the Immortality Institute.

To those (many!) who voted for my election to the Board, I want to take a moment to thank you for an action which has actually been very fruitful, as my appointment to the Board allowed me to make a lot of lasting connections that would not otherwise have been made, and by which I am able to do more good than I was able to do previously. It is simply that it is now evident that I will be better able to advance this cause from outside of the confines of the Board.

Outside of the Board, I am rather more free to pursue directly the avenues where I feel I can be most useful - now augmented in ability by the connections I have made, and with the things I have learned, while sitting on the Board and fulfilling Directorial duties.

Obviously, I will still be working closely with the Board of Directors regarding the Immortality Institute International Conference.

I will also still be "around" especially in the Cryonics and VIP Outreach sections of these boards.

Thanks again to all,

Eternally,

David Styles

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

David, on behalf of the Board and Membership I would like to thank you for volunteering your time now and in the future for the Institute and the common cause.
Your commitment and drive will be an inspiration to many and I hope that your time on the board has enriched your own perspective as well.
Your stepping down as a Director would be a grave loss, if it wasn’t clear that it will give you more time to concentrate on the 2010 conference. I'm sure that with your stewardship, it will be a real highlight for ImmInst members and the wider public.

Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users