Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:50 AM

Profile:

Male, 18, 196 pounds

Dose:

2.4g/day

Timing:

Typically, 1600mg morning, 800mg afternoon

Tolerance/best estimate of tolerance:

Only noticeable tolerance is to the buzzing feeling it used to give me. However, its effects on
cognition, I suspect to be as strong as they were.

Other substances taken at the time:

Lecithin granules - 3tsp/day

Many other nootropics I have since taken with Piracetam with no negative interactions.

Perceived effects/best estimates of effects:

- Long term memory improvement: +15%
- Linguistic ability: + 20%
- Memory recall in a conversation or essay/ease of picking appropriate words:+30%
- Logic improvement: + 10%

The slighter details of sound and sight are noticed more. Music sounds better, images look better.

Side effects/undesirable effects:

Focus: -5% (this can be more than offset by Centrophenoxine)

Side effects caused by interactions with other substances:

None

Comments:

One of my favorites and exceptionally safe/well researched.

Piracetam is great but I prefer Pramiracetam the effect of 400mg of Pramiracetam is similar and yet much more profound. Regardless
of the dose of Piracetam, Pramiracetam will exhibit a much stronger effect.

#2 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:53 AM

I appreciate the feed back on pramiracetam. Thanks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:39 AM

I'm just curious, do you perceive a loss of focus when on Pramiracetam as well?

#4 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

A slight loss of focus can be attributed to increased "cross talk" between left and right hemispheres. For me, the increased electrical stimulation and sensitivity throughout the brain more than offsetts this.

#5 enigma

• Topic Starter
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:24 AM

I'm just curious, do you perceive a loss of focus when on Pramiracetam as well?

Actually, no I dont. But, I will not take Pramiracetam long term (regardless of how cheap it becomes in the future) due to a lack of research at this point in time.

#6 roberts_cole

• 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

I certainly share a similar experience with enigma regarding the racetams. I haven't used them in several years, but have tried both piracetam and aniracetam. One of my friends from France who was a neuroscience student best described them with a french statement that does not translate well, but best translates to "being on point." That is they improve one's ability to be "on point" in the context of a converasation or period of academic writing. This is what I found it most useful for. In contrast, I found it to be very limited for use as a study-aid.

#7 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:33 AM

Piracetam conjures me to be creative. Thats roughly the extent to what it does for me.

#8 donjoe

• 153 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:50 AM

Has anyone used piracetam continuously for years and found any long-term changes in its effects?

#9 moonchild35

• 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

Just wanted to know if I may use your testimonial on my website and e-book.
Cheers,
Shawn

#10 gashinshotan

• 443 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

I'm a bit compulsive and impulsive and piracetam helps suppress these flaws. It also helps me to push my body during running by allowing me to control my emotions to quit.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI_fpMwwqHY
This brand of Piracetam is the best value I've been able to find on Piracetam, which is a good thing because I like to take a lot of Piracetam. After I finish this 500 Gram bag I intend to order the 1000 Gram supply from Peak Nootropics.

For several days before taking it I went on a stimulant cleanse; no coffee, no green tea. So I could get myself back to a baseline of energy. About 15 minutes after taking my first dose of Piracetam I felt myself slide into that focused, productive mindset 'zone' that Biohackers love. I stayed in that zone for about 4 hours.

The most distinctive feature of this Piracetam is it's bad taste, originally when I took Piracetam I took it in pill form so I didn't taste it at all, but the taste is NOT very good. One of my friends described it as cocaine mixed with laundry detergent. I tried mixing it with a couple of health drinks but nothing improved the taste so I would just recommend mixing it with water or tea and drinking it really fast. Skull it! Piracetam is water soluble so it doesn't clump up in water, it dissolves really uniformly in whatever drink you mix it. As you'll read in thousands of other reviews online about Piracetam, It's bad taste is just a part of taking it in powdered form.

I guess the trade off is the price, 500 Grams of Piracetam in pill form would cost $180 whereas this bag only costs $40. So I guess the production process of putting Piracetam in pills and pill bottles is a lot of work over just sending out bags of powder. I prefer to save the $140!

I should note that I've been on and off Piracetam for 2 years now, I will take it daily for like 60 days then go off it for 30 days while I'm trying a different Nootropic or waiting on a delivery. People who haven't taken Nootropics always ask me if they are addictive, whenever I cycle off them I'm very attentive to signs of addiction withdrawal like I've experienced to moderate degrees when I quit smoking or the multiple times I've quit drinking (I believe in doing intermittent period of sobriety).
I've never had any even remote signs of addiction withdrawal when going off Piracetam
I just increase my intake of coffee and green tea.

I should note that taking it with an Acetylcholine precursor is important, if you take a high dosage like I do without choline or Alpha GPC you can get a little bit of a headache. You will feel a little bit of pressure behind your ears, but I really had to do a lot to get this affect.

Several times I tried taking it later in the evening and had no problem sleeping, which is nice.

I drank coffee on it several times, not because the Piracetam was insufficient but just because I live in Colombia and we have really good coffee shops here.

A friend of mine delivered this to me and had to pass through international customs in the United States, Mexico and Colombia. None of the customs agents of these respective countries had any questions or bothered him about transporting a bag of white powder across international borders.

I can't tell a big difference between this and other Piracetam brands I've tried except for that it is powdered and whole lot cheaper. So if you are looking for the most economical smart drug option out there, this is probably it.

Piracetam is one of those supplements that does NOTHING for about 10% - 15% of the people who use it. Just because everyone's own biological constitution is different. This is why I actually emailed Peak Nootropics to find out specificially about the money back guarantee; they do have a 30 day money back money guarantee.

So if you are interested in trying Piracetam I would recommend trying this brand but if you end up being in the 10% - 15% that are unresponsive to Piracetam definitely take advantage of the Money Back Guarantee.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users