Photo

members talk the talk, AND walk the walk here

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Team, list the number of people you intend to reach about voting for this contest.

Our usual team goal is three per month. You dont have to do a lot, but the more the better.

Im going to aim to reach 500 people by the 10th. That number may go up.

If you set a goal of even just 10 that will help a lot. Please do set one. We will be entering Internetworking team members and helpers (helpers includes anybody that wants to put in an intended number here) in the imminst volunteer prize give away an additional time for every 100 people they contact for this give away.

All you have to do is ask people to go here and vote: http://imminst.org/archive/articles/chase-community-giving

Attached File  hand_banner.jpg   25.72KB   8 downloads

edit: Title changed from "Internetworking team goal - Chase Charity Givaway in Facebook, make pledges here"

Edited by brokenportal, 08 December 2009 - 07:31 AM.

#2 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

Team, list the number of people you intend to reach about voting for this contest.

Our usual team goal is three per month. You dont have to do a lot, but the more the better.

Im going to aim to reach 500 people by the 10th. That number may go up.
Attached File  hand_banner.jpg   25.72KB   8 downloads

I will match your pledge.

#3 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

I've shared the information with about 20 different groups by now, if you know a group well-have been a member for a long time, have friends there-just send a note :p

#4 cribbon

• 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:15 PM

I pledge contacting atleast 25 people before the 11'th :p

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

If you are contacting someone that has a blog or controls a major website, you might want to forward them the following attached document. It has all 20 charities that we are supporting coded in html plus a list of all the "naked" urls. I think this will help them in promoting it, so they can put the links on their website if they want.

Attached Files

#6 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:20 PM

Im continuing toward my minimum 500 contacts goal today. We need pledges.

You can not be too busy, to not help, not die, so please make a pledge, it goes a long way.

Go out on a limb and say to yourself that you can find the time to help us win $25k toward our lives. This $25k can help go a long way in developing mid range plans like these, to inform the whole world about this cause. If we continue to forgoe these $25k's here, and $15k's there, then we will forgoe our lives. We cant do this with out the small things. Its the small things that are the big things at this stage in the game.

Thanks, Styles, and thanks Cribbon, Shannon and all others who are helping with this. Lets hope our contributions to it, and pledges can inspire more.

#7 donjoe

• 153 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

I estimate that I can reach at least 60 people by posting the link on the websites where I have subscribers/followers.

- After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
- Speak for yourself, sir. I plan to live forever.

Edited by donjoe, 05 December 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

Ive gotten 50 more done today and Ill be working on more later today. Ill probably be up'ing my pledge. Thanks for the pledges we have so far. We are on our way, we have till the 10th remember.

#9 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:07 AM

I will pledge to contact 5 people individually for the contest. Plus one for the Sunday Evening Update!

#10 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks modelcadet, the pledges have grown a bit, there are a bunch of other members working on blogs, and groups and other contacts. We are working on a few more of those, and then just a few more pledges here and we should be able to secure a spot in the running for 25k.

#11 ComradeF

• 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'll get at least one contact before the deadline.

#12 WhiteDragon103

• 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:52 AM

I pledge 2 contacts. More to come.

#13 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:11 AM

Thank you guys for putting in the time to make these pledges. This contest is over at midnight tomorrow, friday the 11th. We still have time to get pledges in if anybody wants to. We have many pledges here, and you know we dont want to let our pledgers down by having it end up that we miss out on winning this $25k when we are so close. (We only need a few more hundred votes) Ive pledged 500. Im up to 475 now. Tomorrow Ill be topping my 500 mark, and Im pledging another 200. So theres plenty of time, get your pledge in too. If any body wants to pledge more than 200 individual contacts, asking people to vote tomorrow, then Ill match you.

Remember, we are going to die. We can not afford to pass up these kinds of opportunities. These are the kinds of opportunities that are taking us to the next levels.

#14 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

Sorry guys, I really hate to back out of my 200 additional pledges, I really cant stand to do it, but I have had a mind meltingly bad day today, and I dont think Im going to be able to get these 200 additional pledges in that I made yesterday. I have topped 500 though. I have landed at sending out about 525 1 on 1 invites to vote for this. I just cant do any more today. Sometimes the world likes to hit you with a 1 2 punch out of the blue for no reason. I kind of like it though sometimes. Sometimes its good to have a really bad day, its good to learn from, strengthen you, get perspective, and because it usually means that a really good day is coming up ahead.

#15 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:22 AM

I convinced one of my friends with 7,000 myspace contacts to send out a bulletin recently. I also urged about 10 of my online myspace and facebook life extensionists friends to send out bulletins and I think that at least a few of them will. The mass email reached 5,800 members today. A few more and I think we will reach enough votes to place for $25k, this is crucial. Please put out some more and urge your online friends to right now. This deadline has been extended by Chase and Facebook until midnight tonight. If your bulletins put us over the top then this will be serendipity of the most fateful kind. This cause is destined to win if you make winning your destination.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users