* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone Taking Luteolin?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:34 AM

Niner,

How much t-res *itself* would swamp the gut and liver metabolism? If I take 5 g of t-res, how much is gonna make it through?

#32 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

It looks like I was getting a huge dose of placebo? Don't I feel silly.

It felt like I was getting a stronger anti-inflammatory action the first 3-4 days, then it seemed to go away.

So what exactly is luteolin doing? Upregulating the enzymes that metabolize t-res?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

It looks like I was getting a huge dose of placebo? Don't I feel silly.

It felt like I was getting a stronger anti-inflammatory action the first 3-4 days, then it seemed to go away.

So what exactly is luteolin doing? Upregulating the enzymes that metabolize t-res?

It is a cox2 inhibitor, and likely that's what you felt for the first few days. But then I believe it inhibits SirT1, so nfKappa-B does not get inhibited, and inflammation subsequently increases.

Niner,

How much t-res *itself* would swamp the gut and liver metabolism? If I take 5 g of t-res, how much is gonna make it through?

I believe 500 mg of resveratrol is sufficient to overwhelm gut and liver glucoridation and sulfation.
  • like x 1

#34 steelheader

• 106 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

Niner,

An interesting question is whether or not (and how fast ) the amount of res it takes to swamp the gut and liver metabolism will change over time in proportion to dosage. We might be shooting at a moving target where taking a high dose now may lead to the necessity of a higher dose for the same effect down the road. If I were younger and expecting to take res for the long haul I would stick with a relatively small dose until more information is available.

Edited by steelheader, 05 January 2008 - 06:35 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#35 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:07 AM

Niner,

An interesting question is whether or not (and how fast ) the amount of res it takes to swamp the gut and liver metabolism will change over time in proportion to dosage. We might be shooting at a moving target where taking a high dose now may lead to the necessity of a higher dose for the same effect down the road. If I were younger and expecting to take res for the long haul I would stick with a relatively small dose until more information is available.

As to FuLL meMberR's question, I can't put a number on it, only that more should be better, and getting it into the gut faster and less diluted should be better, so I think taking it on an empty stomach may help there.

Regarding the moving target problem... I don't know. My gut sense is that with the kind of doses most of us are taking, we may not see that much enzyme induction. The doses they used in the in vitro experiments where they saw it were pretty high. I don't expect to be taking resveratrol for the long haul, as I think we will see some improved (perhaps vastly improved) sirtuin activators down the road. That road is pretty long though- probably 5 years or so. Then there's always the possibility that it will turn out that resveratrol doesn't extend the lifespan of mice on a normal diet, and we'll all forget about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users