12 replies to this topic

#1 sendos

• 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

Started this stack about 4 days ago:

Aniracetam 1.5g
Vinpocetine 20mg
CDP choline 500mg

Taken once daily in the morning, and so far i havnt noticed any tangible difference in concentration, memory retention etc. I'm not really sure what to do at this point, should i up the dose? add another racetam such as pram or oxi? or try another nootropic such as modafinil....
Any suggestions welcome!

Rob

#2 Conanld

• 40 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

You might try taking fish oil capsules with the Aniracetam since Aniracetam is fat-soluble.

Also, be careful with the Vinpocetine, especially at those dosages. Vinpocetine inhibits blood platelets from forming clots, and therefore could cause bleeding problems especially before surgery, or when combined with some very common drugs such as aspirin.

There is at least one case where agranulocytosis (A serious life threatening white blood cell count decrease) was induced by Vinpocetine.

http://www.swedish.org/111718.cfm

http://priory.com/med/vinpocetine.htm

Started this stack about 4 days ago:

Aniracetam 1.5g
Vinpocetine 20mg
CDP choline 500mg

Taken once daily in the morning, and so far i havnt noticed any tangible difference in concentration, memory retention etc. I'm not really sure what to do at this point, should i up the dose? add another racetam such as pram or oxi? or try another nootropic such as modafinil....
Any suggestions welcome!

Rob

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sendos

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

I follow a high fat/high protien/low carb diet along with 5 grams of krill oil a day, which is why i'm a bit confused as to why aniracetam just isnt doing much, i've also used piracetam before and it gave some noticable improvements. I've orderd some oxi and pram and will give them a shot see if they have any effect.

Thanks for the heads of about vinpocetine, i might limit its use to study sessions only... i should have done a bit more research into the product before i started using it by the sounds of things.

#4 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

You have to take aniracetam "multiple" times throughout the day... Even though it is fat-soluble, it is in and out in like 3 hours. You should take it every 3-4 hours! Try 750mg every 3-4 hours WITH FOOD along with 300mg CDP-choline every 3-4 hours also.

#5 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

You have to take aniracetam "multiple" times throughout the day... Even though it is fat-soluble, it is in and out in like 3 hours. You should take it every 3-4 hours! Try 750mg every 3-4 hours WITH FOOD along with 300mg CDP-choline every 3-4 hours also.

Yeah, this is spot on.

I have always found it synergistic with piracetam/oxiracetam as well. Remember what luv2increase says: have ani with the food as it's fat soluble only.

#6 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Great advice.

It's probably also a good idea to keep in mind the mechanics of how aniracetam actually works. In animal models, there is an acute effect of alleviating the effects from drug induced cognitive impairment. In the normal aniracetam user, these effects will probably not be present save for the occational user who has experienced traumatic brain injury. Conversly, the chronic effects from aniracetam (AMPA potentiation/LTP) have also been demonstrated empiracly and are more likely to positively effect the "normal/baseline" cognition of the aniracetam user. I think the original drug manufacturer suggested 60 days of continual use prior to effects being seen (in the imparied individual [alzheimers exc.]).

Also remember that aniracetam works on the limbic system, therefore conscious improved cognition is unlikely to be seen.

#7 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:43 AM

Great advice.

It's probably also a good idea to keep in mind the mechanics of how aniracetam actually works. In animal models, there is an acute effect of alleviating the effects from drug induced cognitive impairment. In the normal aniracetam user, these effects will probably not be present save for the occational user who has experienced traumatic brain injury. Conversly, the chronic effects from aniracetam (AMPA potentiation/LTP) have also been demonstrated empiracly and are more likely to positively effect the "normal/baseline" cognition of the aniracetam user. I think the original drug manufacturer suggested 60 days of continual use prior to effects being seen (in the imparied individual [alzheimers exc.]).

Also remember that aniracetam works on the limbic system, therefore conscious improved cognition is unlikely to be seen.

I used to use aniracetam and the reason I quit was because one day, I walked outside (few days after increasing my dose) and all my senses were 100X LITERALLY! my vision was extreme and well as my audible etc.. and it caused a crazy sort of panic attack that lasted a couple hours. I've had many panic attacks in my life (not in the last 6 years though), and this wasn't like any other. It wasn't more severe yet just very strange. It was almost like an out of body experience ---- something like that lol ---- too intense is all i know. Plus, it didn't improve my cognition

#8 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

Great advice.

I used to use aniracetam and the reason I quit was because one day, I walked outside (few days after increasing my dose) and all my senses were 100X LITERALLY! my vision was extreme and well as my audible etc.. and it caused a crazy sort of panic attack that lasted a couple hours. I've had many panic attacks in my life (not in the last 6 years though), and this wasn't like any other. It wasn't more severe yet just very strange. It was almost like an out of body experience ---- something like that lol ---- too intense is all i know. Plus, it didn't improve my cognition

I never had that, although some people on this forum have reported a mild to strong 'speedy' effect. I don't get any of that, although I definitely feel that aniracetam is not as well tolerated physically (increase in body tempature, body odour, urine odour) than the oxi/pira racetams.

#9 sendos

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

Well i've used this regime yesterday and today:

Morning - 750mg aniracetam
- 250mg CDP Choline
- 400mg Caffiene
- 500mg sessamin

This is taken with breakfast, which usually involves scrambled eggs. I also have about 2 grams of krill oil.

5 Hours later - 750mg aniracetam
- 250mg CDP Choline
- 2g fish oil
- 500mg Sessamin

Along side a protein shake consiting of 50grams whey isolate, 2.5g Creatine Ethyl Ester and 30ml extra virgin olive oil. Depending on wether or not i've got much more studying to do i'll repeat this step another 4 hours later along side 30grams of 90% cocoa dark chochlate.

This has made a huuuge differnce, that addition of caffiene seems to kick start the effects of the aniracetam. I've never felt like this before, it gives a much more potent nootropic effect then piracetam. Its strange that the addition of caffiene and making sure i take the aniracetam along side alot of fat makes soo much of a difference

#10 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

This has made a huuuge differnce, that addition of caffiene seems to kick start the effects of the aniracetam. I've never felt like this before, it gives a much more potent nootropic effect then piracetam. Its strange that the addition of caffiene and making sure i take the aniracetam along side alot of fat makes soo much of a difference

I'm glad it is working out well for you. If you are at a point where it is fine, don't increase dosages or anything. Stay where it is at. When taking nootropics, most notably racetams, you have to experiment and sometimes for awhile before you find your sweet spot. You may have already found it. Congratulations!

Also, caffeine is miraculous when mixed with the racetams! It really does seem to make all the difference.

#11 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

I'm glad it is working out well for you. If you are at a point where it is fine, don't increase dosages or anything. Stay where it is at. When taking nootropics, most notably racetams, you have to experiment and sometimes for awhile before you find your sweet spot. You may have already found it. Congratulations!

Also, caffeine is miraculous when mixed with the racetams! It really does seem to make all the difference.

For those of you familiar with SAR (structure activity relationship), it shouldn't come as a surprise that aniracetam could cause some strange reactions. Aniracetam should inherantly have some affinity to negatively potentiating certain GABA receptors (a good thing indeed).

#12 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:37 AM

If you want a real burst, add a 4mg nicorette into the ani/caffeine mix....booyah

Edited by hamishm00, 13 August 2008 - 10:38 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 revnik

• 121 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

If you want a real burst, add a 4mg nicorette into the ani/caffeine mix....booyah

Hmm wouldn't do it, way too addictive in the long run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users