• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Started using Tazorac - wrinkles more obvious?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dagon

• 47 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:09 AM

I've just been applying the Tazorac for over a week, and have noticed that some of my wrinkles have started to become more obvious.

In the past 2 months (before tazorac), I'd started using moisturizer, vitamin C and some other anti-aging creams like dermitage, and it had pretty much made a lot of those wrinkles disappear! But now with Tazorac they have come back just as they were, and the skin seems a bit drier and more sensitive to some creams (burns a little when I apply eye moisturizer).

Is this an initial thing with tazorac, and will it eventually make the wrinkels reduced, instead of making them more pronounced?

Other than that, I haven't had any major problems with Tazorac, and the flaking was quite mild.

Edited by Dagon, 05 October 2009 - 10:10 AM.

#2 zsuzsanna

• 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Maybe you skin just got more dry.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:57 PM

I have always heard that rx retinoids make wrinkles look worse before it gets better. Looking worse is actually a good sign that the product is working. It can take up to a full year to get past this stage.

Edited by nancyd, 05 October 2009 - 11:59 PM.

#4 Dagon

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:59 AM

Actually I used it again last night, and now they seem to be more reduced so perhaps my skin is already starting to adjust.

I guess the skin goes through different cycles and doesn't stay the same. No doubt it's a sign the product is working ;)

#5 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

You could use a photo diary to assess changes. Cognitive biases rule our perception, so you can't trust anyone, not even yourself...

#6 Dagon

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for the tip Kismet - I will try a photo diary. Although I sometimes think we can't trust photos either because the lighting and flash can make a huge difference for the appearance of wrinkles. Maybe I'll try the same lighting / time of day for each snap.

#7 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

Yes, tightly controlled conditions (time of day, lightning, amount of sleep, skin care prior to taking the pics, etc) & high-resultion pics from different angles are your best bet. But I don't have a clue how well wrinkles can be assessed using a typical camera. But it's definitely something I was planning to do myself.

Edited by kismet, 06 October 2009 - 06:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users