- - - - -

Immortality and the Law of the Dead

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 enoonsti

• 81 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:40 AM

http://www.alternet....you?page=entire

It - like the echo chamber in an insane asylum - repeats the hamburger catch phrase. We can't even turn these hamburgers into lemonade: with McDonald's possibly caving in to demands to remove toys from their happy meals, Alcor has now lost the "child nagging" advertising strategy.

"MOMMA LOOK!!!!! ALCOR TOYS!!!!!!"

"Oh honey. OK. We'll freeze the whole family."

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Also, besides these rights I hear that the dead also have the right to remain silent.

This article is an interesting illustration of how people are looking at the trees and they cant see the forest. Sure that one tree can maintain its rights to make money off of its image even after its dead, but all of the trees dont have to die in the forseeable future if we focus on the problems in order of priority.

If a tree falls in a forest and everybody is around to hear it then can it make too much of a sound?

(ha, a pun - analogy double pun - off an analogy, Im like a linguistical acrobat. jk)

#3 enoonsti

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Also, besides these rights I hear that the dead also have the right to remain silent.

I envisioned a funeral, where a distraught mother is giving a eulogy and everyone is crying. Then out from the pew steps a police officer, walks up to the casket, and starts reading him his Miranda warning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users