Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Rasagiline

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 someidiot

• 43 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

Anyone taking rasagiline over selegilene here or is everyone sticking with sele? ADC is selling Ras now, and I am wondering about quality. I'm not sure if the Ras patent is up yet.

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up, they must have started selling this within the last month or two.

A couple people here have talked about taking rasagiline in the past few months. Aside from the metabolites, it seems to be substantially similar to selegiline. However, selegiline has more research behind it, and is easier to dose (5mg as opposed to ~1mg).

The patent is still active. Different companies are licensed to produce it in different countries. Not sure if Intas is licensed for it, but given the price I'm assuming not. If quality and accurate dosage is a concern with (esp. Indian) generics, it's probably a greater concern for medicines requiring a smaller dosage.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 someidiot

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:30 AM

Thanks Chronos. I assumed the same regarding ADC Ras quality, so I avoided buying it and opted to go for Seg. Moreover, I'd rather have something that is energizing as opposed to sleep inducing (I compared side effects of each).

#4 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

Moreover, I'd rather have something that is energizing as opposed to sleep inducing (I compared side effects of each).

There have been several topics here and at Mind & Muscle about deprenyl causing pretty severe fatigue, so be aware that it's a possibility.

#5 someidiot

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

Moreover, I'd rather have something that is energizing as opposed to sleep inducing (I compared side effects of each).

There have been several topics here and at Mind & Muscle about deprenyl causing pretty severe fatigue, so be aware that it's a possibility.

i'd reckon it's withdrawl from methylphenidate and dextro before i pin it on Selegiline! :)

#6 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

I've just got some in. I'll post my exp's with the drug soon. I've taken Selegiline for two years + so I'll be able to compare the feeling to that pretty well. I'm going to use funk's dosing method with Selegiline HCL tablets: diluting the tablet into a dropper bottle and water (or maybe something antibacterial.)

#7 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

I've just got some in. I'll post my exp's with the drug soon. I've taken Selegiline for two years + so I'll be able to compare the feeling to that pretty well. I'm going to use funk's dosing method with Selegiline HCL tablets: diluting the tablet into a dropper bottle and water (or maybe something antibacterial.)

Very nice. I'll be looking forward to your impressions, once you've had a chance to try it out for a while. How much are you doing, 1mg?

#8 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:59 AM

I ordered some from ADC and I must say I am very pleased with the quality and effect, I felt calm and energetic but not manic or anxious. My memory felt sharper and overall nothing bothered me as much as usual. Although, I take a higher dosage then most, I believe the effects can be felt even with half a pill.

^_^stamp of approval^_^

#9 someidiot

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Ark, so do you prefer Ras over Sele? What would you recommend?

#10 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

Ras, and yes I've had both.

to be completely honest Selegine is nice but doesn't hold a candle up to the torch that Rasagiline.

I like a higher dosage of Rasagiline, where a lower dosage of Selegine felt right for me. So in a way Rasagiline is costing me much more, but I believe its worth the quality it adds to my day to day life. I feel like it can be taken alone and it has a reasonable all around effect like a super pronounced ampkine feeling meet memantine.

I'd like to hear about others input on this as well.

#11 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

How much did you pay for it?

#12 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

100 1 mg pills can be procured at the base price of $86.
  • like x 1

#13 k10

• Guest, F@H
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:56 AM

That's really good price! What website did you get it from? before I had a prescription from my doctor the cheapest I could find was $199 from antiaging-systems for 30 1 mg pills.

#14 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

That's really good price! What website did you get it from? before I had a prescription from my doctor the cheapest I could find was $199 from antiaging-systems for 30 1 mg pills.

Check your inbox.

#15 Cuil

• 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

Check your inbox.

I would also like to know where to get this rasagiline at a good price, I am running out of money, but I need something to keep my sharp so that I can make money, can you pm me some suggestions on places that ship fast and cheap, faster shipping will be slightly more of a priority than price, but I would like to find "the middle way" with this. I have had a alot of disappointing experiences with deprenyl (all of which were my own fault), but I would like to try this rasagiline since it seems more selective. Please post or pm a good, fast, cheap source. I used to go to nubrain, but lately it seems as though they have been getting on peoples nerves, sending the wrong stuff, and, well, you know better not to call them to complain, unless you want to get yelled at worst than the first time your parents caught you doing something really ad!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#16 Cuil

• 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Check your inbox.

I would also like to know where to get this rasagiline at a good price, I am running out of money, but I need something to keep my sharp so that I can make money, can you pm me some suggestions on places that ship fast and cheap, faster shipping will be slightly more of a priority than price, but I would like to find "the middle way" with this. I have had a alot of disappointing experiences with deprenyl (all of which were my own fault), but I would like to try this rasagiline since it seems more selective. Please post or pm a good, fast, cheap source. I used to go to nubrain, but lately it seems as though they have been getting on peoples nerves, sending the wrong stuff, and, well, you know better not to call them to complain, unless you want to get yelled at worst than the first time your parents caught you doing something really ad!

Nevermind, I figured it out, once my psychiatrically approved medication started to work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users