• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Set most everything else aside and rally to get this money

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

We have a chance to win a ton of money for life extension. If we dont do it then who will? Its a big opportunity thats easy to contribute to. If we pass up these kinds of chances we may be passing up indefinite healthy life extension. Can we please, rally as one for these next two weeks to make this happen? Are you in?

See topic about AMEX members project with MF undergraduate research as a submitted project.

or

Direct link to go nominate it at amex right away. It takes less than 5 minutes.

Also if we want something more to co- brag about at the November 2008 Convergence Conference then lets put most everything else aside until the deadline for this prize money.

September 1rst deadline

We will be discussing this at this mondays 4pm cst time meeting MFURI meeting.

#2 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

How many votes did we get since august, 15th, whose project is it anyway? I did not see anything over at the MPrize board. So if it isn't supported by them, whose project is it? We need 100-150 votes per day..

EDIT: I didn't see it when I was in a hurry, I guess the project is supported by the methuselah foundation, but we're still not getting enough votes..

Edited by kismet, 17 August 2008 - 10:19 PM.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

So you did see it at Methuselah then? Is there some buzz going on around it over there or is it just kind of floating down the river over there too? Its a big opportunity to latch on to with 5 minutes worth of work. It has to get done in under two weeks though.

Has anybody else nominated or have any comments or questions about this? Check out todays meeting at 4pm if you can. The link is above.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

Who all has signed up and nominated so far? Have you been recruiting people? We will make the cut with a tiny fraction of effort from everybody.

Me and the 5 or so recruiters will contact everybody our selves if we have to, but we could sure use some help. We have a really good chance of winning the grand prize of 1.5 million dollars. The fifth place prize is I beleive 100,000 dollars.

Sign up, nominate the project, post bulletins and blogs about it for two weeks. Its that simple. That money will go a long way toward saving your life.

#5 Traclo

• Guest, F@H
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

I nominated.
It is almost no work and it might help out in some way so I figured 'why not?'
I hope some others put in the 3 minutes of effort to support this.

Edit: Wow didn't notice we are an order of magnitude off the first place team. That's alot.

Edited by Traclo, 19 August 2008 - 02:07 PM.

#6 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

220 People nominated, oh well, almost as many people as we have on our folding team (3xx, ~80 folding actively). Does this tell us that at least 200 members out of >7000 are somehow active and contribute to our cause? Billions of people have been striving for the apocryphal fountain of youth, but when they're getting close to something real, eventually only hundreds have the guts to really help and fight for it? Wow.

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

About the roughly 200 out of 7000 thing, I was thinking about that too but I realized that for one thing, its way more than the 0 active people I found between 6 years and infinity ago, and has grown from the 20 or so that was around like 4 years ago. So it is growing, but the inverse gap between 7000 and 200 creates an illusion.

Also, a lot of those members would keep participating. If you pmed every one of them I would guess you would get about 3 or 4 thousand responses.

Email incoming members and make them feel comfortable around the people, and welcome and it will increase the numbers of active people.

This lack of numbers you mention is also a good excuse to keep recruiting. Join me at this recruitment drive.

In any case, your right, we need to show some effort. Like some one was saying somewhere else, if we call ourselves an advocacy group, then we need to be seen pulling together for crucial simple stuff like this, or why should we expect any body to take us seriously or even think we really are life extensionists? The management takes on a lot of projects, and we as the membership can, will and are doing our part too. We can make big things happen.

Traclo- About the order of magnitude off the first place project... Oh my god, I didnt consider that until you mentioned it. I was worried there. I went to check it out and I was thinking I was going to see that the first 50 or so projects all had like 50,000 plus votes.

The first place project only has around 2,200. We can match that for sure, with out a doubt. If everybody who reads and hears about this project blogs and bulletins about it we could get way more than that. If everybody thinks their drop of effort wont count for much then we wont get it.

Ill be personally writing about 100 people today. Any more poeple that want to join in on these efforts let me know and Ill tell you more about the meetings. Wednesday and Monday 4pm cst time in the ustream.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users