• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Under 30? Or no cancer in your family? Get your blood tested for Free

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:17 AM

Please share the following information with your friends: http://www.depressed...ght-his-cancer/

Here is the information about getting the test to see if you can be a donor, your blood's cancer fighting ability will be tested which could be quite valuable information to have: http://www.facebook....3...8&ref=share

They are looking for people under 30, or if over and still "near" 30 --then a family history with very little or no cancer in the family. We have a lot of young members here, and the average age of ImmInst users are in their 30's.

#2 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:47 AM

Please share the following information with your friends: http://www.depressed...ght-his-cancer/

Here is the information about getting the test to see if you can be a donor, your blood's cancer fighting ability will be tested which could be quite valuable information to have: http://www.facebook....3...8&ref=share

They are looking for people under 30, or if over and still "near" 30 --then a family history with very little or no cancer in the family. We have a lot of young members here, and the average age of ImmInst users are in their 30's.

I'd like to help of course. I've Type O blood (don't know if O- or O+ ).

I'm currently in Northeastern region of US. I assume Chris (and his Kronos company) is in Phoenix. nice city, i went to high school there.

how'd i get my blood to him?

Edited by HYP86, 07 November 2008 - 03:55 AM.

#3 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:42 PM

Can people from outside the US donate blood?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

Bump

Only 84 people have read this! Please help Christopher B. Heward in his fight against his terrible disease.

Edited by s123, 08 November 2008 - 01:49 PM.

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

Dear all,

My friend Chris Heward was diagnosed with Stage IV terminal esophageal cancer. His chances of surviving a year are less than 1%, even with the best available care. For those of you who don’t know Chris, he is the president of the Kronos Science Laboratories, a Phoenix-based anti-aging hub

http://www.kronoslaboratory.com

Those of you who do know Chris will understand that he is not going down without a fight. Chris has very much the power of Kronos behind him, and we all hope that the experimental effort being launched there will not just benefit Chris, but many other sufferers of terminal cancers.

Plan A is based on the granulocyte therapy developed by Zheng Cui. Many of you know Zheng as well, and will remember that he made headlines throughout the anti-aging communities last year by achieving a complete cure for all types of cancer tested in the mouse.

A brief recap: Zheng by accident discovered that one of his mice was immune to any transplanted mouse or human cancers. This remarkable animal resisted a million times the dose of cancer cells that is 100% lethal to other mice. The trait turned out to be heritable in a single-gene mendelian fashion, but the responsible gene has so far resisted discovery. The cancer resistance was mediated by leukocytes, probably mostly of the granulocyte type. Granulocytes from the cancer-resistant mice chase cancer cells in a petri dish and destroy them. Granulocytes from other mice do not do that. Transplantation of granulocytes from cancer-resistant mice into other mice can transfer the cancer immunity, as well as cure existing cancers of all types tested (which were many types!). When Zheng looked in people, he found: Granulocytes form cancer patients never chase cancer cells. Granulocytes from healthy people sometimes chase cancer cells. Granulocytes from people in cancer-free families often chase cancer cells.

In September 2008, at the Methuselah Foundation sponsored “Aging 08″ conference at UCLA, Zheng announced the launch of a clinical trial investigating the therapeutic effect of transplanting granulocytes from cancer-free donors (apt at chasing cancer cells in petri dishes) into cancer patients. A video of Zheng’s Aging 08 talk discussing all this in more detail is available here:

View on Vimeo.

Shortly after Aging 08, Zheng’s trial was put on hold by the FDA for certain bioethical concerns they had, and has been on hold since. Unfortunately, it is quite normal for this agency to charge ahead with the speed of a glacier. Chris does not have that kind of time. Our friends at Kronos are now scrambling to revive Zheng’s technology and apply it to Chris in the few months he has left. However, even for Kronos, this is not possible without your help.

#6 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

What are the bio ethical concerns?

It's amazing how much better organs operate when you run them on young/high quality blood.

It's like changing the engine oil on your car. Hopefully one day we can use stem cells to produce enough blood to give some a complete transfusion of young blood.

Perhaps if there is a aging conference while the Obama administration is in power we will have a better response.

And about the blood transfusion. Can I help if I'm in Australia? I'm 27... never had cancer... my dad had a thyroid cancer at about age 55 but I have a strong suspicion he's not my biological father but I haven't had dna testing done yet.

Edited by caston, 10 November 2008 - 12:25 AM.

#7 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:09 AM

I'm going to fill out the form ASAP. I also sent this to a friend who would be a good match for this and she's very interested.

Please help spread the word! Chris deserves the best treatment available, even if the FDA doesn't think so. And perhaps more importantly, if this works for Chris, this will be a HUGE success for the life-extension community and will bring a possible cure for cancer to everyone's attention. Please consider filling out this form yourself and give it to any friends who might be eligible.

#8 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

Yeah I filled it in. Will be very interesting to see how they respond to international submissions.

#9 Shannon Vyff

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

Aubrey de Grey has sent out requests asking people to help. Thanks JMorgan, this is a great opportunity to get your blood's cancer fighting ability tested for free, please share it with any who you think might qualify. The more people who participate, the more likely an outcome that will benefit humanity's fight against cancer, not just Chris's.

#10 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

For people outside the US or other places not near the Kronos facility, fill out the form anyway. If you are a match, Kronos has said they will PAY YOUR WAY to the facilities necessary for the process.

Edited by JMorgan, 10 November 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#11 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

Just sent in my application. Hope I can be helpful.

#12 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:20 AM

filled the form

#13 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:30 AM

Sent in mine. Hope I can help.

I wonder if chris has considered some of the newer therapies we have been talking about with regards to TFI: Vit C IV, Viral Therapies, T-res etc...

Edited by lucid, 11 November 2008 - 06:39 AM.

#14 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

If you are under 30 or have no cancer history in your family,
the white blood cell donor screening form is located
here.
(It tells you where to email it; i've sent mine)

#15 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:53 AM

TheFirstImmortal is asking whether he could 'join' Chris

Of note: Chris Heward is also fighting cancer - Aubrey de Grey has made an appeal via Facebook to identify a suitable leukocyte donor for Zhen Cui's cancer treatment known as LIFT.

http://www.facebook...._id=33488382415

http://www.depressed...ght-his-cancer/

I got an e-mail from them a long time ago, saying that they were not taking people for it because the trail got stopped. Is this something that they are only doing for Chris, or are they going to open the door wider, like, maybe just wide enough to let me slip through :)

POSTED UNDER THE THREAT OF CENSORSHIP

and if so their white blood cells can be injected to one of 22 'lucky' cancer patients.

Yeah, I signed up for that deal, and was on the other side of the luck on that draw.

Meanwhile Chris Heward (who has an easophagus cancer) is starting it already:
You may want to 'join' him.

Hey, I would like to join Chris, pass that along. :)

You know, actually, the information that Missminni has posted makes it possible. We got transportation and lodging available, and I haven't checked out the other resources because of time issues, but if thought they would take me, I would try to put that one together.

#16 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:29 AM

Anyone know any updates about how many people have responded to be donors?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users