• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Chat Room for Imminst in ustream going almost 24-7 now,

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

The Imminst Ustream chat room is getting to the point where it has people in it nearly 24-7.

Please keep the chat room open when you are online to help increase the communication flow and potential in there.

There is a live interview of a life extensionist, most sundays at 5pm cst by the host Mind, Executive Director of Imminst here. There are also scheduled meetings in there on many different days and at many different times, so the chat room is turning into more and more of a communications tool for the cause. We look forward to you all being in there to keep ideas and action and progress going as much as possible. Meeting schedule here: (remember to bookmark this) http://imminst.org/meetings

Imminst Chat Room Via Ustream Channel:

#2 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:10 AM

It would make it a lot easier to get to if someone would give it a nice shortcut link like chat.imminst.org or imminst.org/update

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

Good idea. I was working on something like that in myspace, once the concept was worked out, a Longevity Communities Network with the ustream chat and video as a main theme, we were going to move it to a .com with an easy catchy name. But now that agevivo has picked up on the project Im focusing more in on other things. Agevivo does have it at an easy link of cohelix.com , Its just that the cohesive nice looking theme of the page hasnt really come along yet. But you can get to it from cohelix.com What are your thoughts on the whole concept? Any good ideas for direction of that page?

If any of you want to join that project then contact me or agevivo. There was an outline for it in the projects list but it has been completly revised. We could though start a new one and add it directly to the imminst wiki if anybody is interested.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:33 AM

I just checked and there is a link at imminst.org/chat
The first few things the page says is this:

"The Sunday Evening Update Ustream.TV Channel

Sunday Evening Update is held most Sunday afternoons and provides news, views, and people from the world of life extension. Hosted by Immortality Institute Executive Director Mind (Justin Loew), past special guest speaker have included:"

What do you think about asking Justin to add, "Click here for Interview, Meetings and Chatroom Link" Underneath the first line? I always wonder whether or not some people know that that ustream.tv link is the one to the chat room. Or, can you think of any other ideas that might be good for that page? Like maybe a big Chat what do you think?

#5 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

I've also noticed the recent and very positive change.
Is there some ranking of ustream chatrooms? I am wondering if we get more visibility when more users are in the chatroom? Is it supposed to be some alternative to IRC-chatrooms just via the www and http protocol? Do you know if imminst also has an IRC channel?

Edited by kismet, 21 December 2008 - 09:13 PM.

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,074 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

People used to hang out in the Imminst IRC chatroom, but the last time I tried to access it, it wasn't working. It would be nice to have that as a back-up, but the Ustream chat works well most of the time. The only problem is that we don't control the Ustream chat room - we don't "own" it. If Ustream goes down (or bankrupt) then we would be without our audio/video/media outlet. Would be nice to have our own but that would cost $$$$ and might take a small team of people to keep it running.

Sometimes the random Ustreamers showing up to watch the programming join in on the conversations. It is nice to see the channel becoming more useful.

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

Is there some ranking of ustream chatrooms? I am wondering if we get more visibility when more users are in the chatroom?

Thats another good point about this all, besides more communication flow, the more people that go in there and keep the page open whenever they are online, the higher the sunday evening update goes in the ustream ranking. Last I checked, only the top like 15 shows on live at any given time have any formidable numbers like 500+. I think that maybe 30 plus people in the room would get it onto the first page of programs live at that time. Ill check into it.

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

The ranking for our chat room in ustream is getting stronger as more and more people come here and hang out here. Of course it also keeps the life extension communication flowing and communication is progresses lifesblood.

Life Extension Chat Room

Attached Files

Edited by brokenportal, 26 December 2008 - 03:51 PM.

#9 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

We are all chatting in here, join us now!  :-D

#10 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

Sunday is a bustling day in there. Plenty of convo if you want to join in. The sunday evening update is coming up in there at 5pm cst time too.

The weekly schedule is here: imminst.org/meetings

There is usually somebody in there at all other times too though.

#11 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

We have 25 people in the chat right now and we are gunning for 50, so please do stop by. Mind is live on the air in there still.

#12 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

Join and chat:

For the geeks out there that use mIRC and similar clients you can simply log onto:

server: chat1.ustream.tv
port: 6667
channel: #an-immortalist-life

I summon all of you. Right now. :)

Edited by FunkOdyssey, 30 December 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#13 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

Join and chat:

For the geeks out there that use mIRC and similar clients you can simply log onto:

server: chat1.ustream.tv
port: 6667
channel: #an-immortalist-life

I summon all of you. Right now. :)

Can you think of any lucrative places in some kind of mIRC community where the people are like mIRC fans or something to promote this chat? Is there a way we can add this to some lists there somewhere to get more exposure for the discussion?

#14 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Nothing comes to mind -- mIRC is just client software. Your question is similar to asking about a web browser enthusiast group that we could use to advertise the ImmInst website.

#15 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:32 AM

Nothing comes to mind -- mIRC is just client software. Your question is similar to asking about a web browser enthusiast group that we could use to advertise the ImmInst website.

Well, I imagine an irc client to be like a chat listing page where you can choose from them and then there are like, catagories with fitness, healthy, society etc.. and "irc general problems" chat and "irc chat room awards nomination chat" or something like that. but I guess maybe there arent.

Ill try to incorporate this into a outline to develop in the projects when Im less tired.

#16 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

The chat is fun ^^ I hope more people will come and live it up!

#17 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

Im going to bring in my new year by working on launching the official projects from the google doc, in the imminst wiki for tomorrow. If anybody wants to help and do the same then I and others will be in there.

In preparation for recruiting for the pojects list we need to get the radical discussion going more. You can help do that by joining the 72 team project.

Please respond to the 72 team project to keep it bumped into the active topics. Also join it, and then work with a it a little whenever you come on line. Read 3 or 4 or 5 of the topics and respond to them each time. This team will help ALOOTTTTTTTT the progress it will help create will be immeasurable, and its easy, so please join today.

Be the last ones to join before 2009.

#18 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Im testing to see how this time box might work as a time zone finder for the interview, meetings and chat schedule:

I found an option in the imminst posting to turn html on, I hadnt seen that before. It worked, what do you all think of this box? Is it helpful?

imminst.org/meetings

Meetings
The Immortality Institute (ImmInst) sponsors a variety of meetings every week for members who would like to work together on specific projects. We currently make use of Ustream for text chatting and broadcasting voice telecons held using Skype. To get involved, please join ImmInst and attend the meetings you are most interested in. Advocacy, research, and support for radical life extension begin with you!

We encourage you to keep the meeting chat room open whenever you are online so you can pop in and out as conversation develops. Our chat room is an important central location for discussing life extension ideas, brainstorming, and working on projects with other members at any time of the day. There are more weekly meetings planned. Progress can be just as fast as our ability to chat, so please join us!

Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sunday-evening-update

Mondays
4:00 PM CST (10:00 PM GMT) - Imminst-sponsored Methuselah Foundation - Undergraduate Research Initiative (MFURI) meeting
Wednesdays
3:00 PM CST (9:00 PM GMT) - Folding@Home The Longevity Meme (TLM) team meeting
4:00 - 8:00 PM CST (10:00 PM - 2:00 AM GMT) - ImmInst think tank session and project task force rally point
Thursdays
2:00 PM CST (8:00 PM GMT) - Coalition to Extend Life (CEL) team meeting
Saturday
12:00 - 4:00 PM CST (6:00 - 10:00 PM GMT) - ImmInst think tank session
Sundays
9:00 AM CST (15:00 PM GMT) - ImmInst European round table discussion
5:00 PM CST (11:00 PM GMT) - Sunday Evening Update hosted by Immortality Institute Executive Director Mind - "News, Views, and People from the world of life extension."
Board of Directors Meeting
We also hold open board meetings to be announced in the board meetings forum.

Edited by brokenportal, 05 January 2009 - 10:22 PM.

#19 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:05 AM

Bumping this thread because I'm sitting in the chat room with no one to talk to like usual. If you're bored and just want to talk about whatever, including life extension/singularity/whatever, head on by. It's usually pretty interesting since I'm always there :)

#20 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

Im still banned for mentioning other broadcast channels. Apparently you cant mention them, so make sure you dont mention them in there if you go in there anybody.

Keep the room flowing though. Progressive discussion is the blood that flows through the vains of this life extension titan.

What do you guys think of that time converter in my last response here? Does it work, is it useful? We could get it added to the schedule at imminst.org/meetings but Im not sure if its useful. Maybe another version of it should/could be used.

#21 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

This chat room has become and excellent and useful tool for the cause. If you havent already, check it out. Theres a schedule here: imminst.org/meetings

We encourage you to bookmark it and open the chat room whenever you are online so that you can pop in and out as you get time and discussion develops, and to help raise the ranking for the show in the ustream channel it is hosted from. This will help gain a tremendous amount of exposure for the cause. We also have other shows in the works so its only getting better. Get in on the action today. We need your ideas.

If you have an idea for an indefinite life extension show of your own then let us know right away. We are eager to help see it through to reality. The world needs indefinite life extension tv. The world needs you.

Chat Room

The Sunday Evening Update weekly interview is taking place in there in a little over an hour.

#22 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

The future is bright. If you want to chat about the inauguration and the all the extra optimism going around these days then do meet with us in here.

Chatting about inauguration of Barack Obama and the general optimism going around these days.

#23 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Im testing to see how this time box might work as a time zone finder for the interview, meetings and chat schedule:

<iframe src="http://time-in.info/widget/"
style="height:50px; width:145px; border:0" frameborder=0></iframe>

I found an option in the imminst posting to turn html on, I hadnt seen that before. It worked, what do you all think of this box? Is it helpful?

imminst.org/meetings

Meetings
The Immortality Institute (ImmInst) sponsors a variety of meetings every week for members who would like to work together on specific projects. We currently make use of Ustream for text chatting and broadcasting voice telecons held using Skype. To get involved, please join ImmInst and attend the meetings you are most interested in. Advocacy, research, and support for radical life extension begin with you!

We encourage you to keep the meeting chat room open whenever you are online so you can pop in and out as conversation develops. Our chat room is an important central location for discussing life extension ideas, brainstorming, and working on projects with other members at any time of the day. There are more weekly meetings planned. Progress can be just as fast as our ability to chat, so please join us!

Ustream Channel:

Mondays
4:00 PM CST (10:00 PM GMT) - Imminst-sponsored Methuselah Foundation - Undergraduate Research Initiative (MFURI) meeting
Wednesdays
3:00 PM CST (9:00 PM GMT) - Folding@Home The Longevity Meme (TLM) team meeting
4:00 - 8:00 PM CST (10:00 PM - 2:00 AM GMT) - ImmInst think tank session and project task force rally point
Thursdays
2:00 PM CST (8:00 PM GMT) - Coalition to Extend Life (CEL) team meeting
Saturday
12:00 - 4:00 PM CST (6:00 - 10:00 PM GMT) - ImmInst think tank session
Sundays
9:00 AM CST (15:00 PM GMT) - ImmInst European round table discussion
5:00 PM CST (11:00 PM GMT) - Sunday Evening Update hosted by Immortality Institute Executive Director Mind - "News, Views, and People from the world of life extension."
Board of Directors Meeting
We also hold open board meetings to be announced in the board meetings forum.

The chat is growing. Every new member who makes it a routine to come to this chat room helps encourage more people to hang out there. This is causing more and more life extension discussion to take place, and communication is the fundamental to most any action. Logging into the chat room when your online, even when your afk is also great. It helps raise the ranking for the chat and broadcast channel in ustream. With just 20 to 30 more we will routinely be on the top page of most active channels in ustream. This will help tremendously.

#24 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

There are a bunch of people in there right now for some reason. If anybody who is on at this time is interested then please do meet us in there.

#25 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

That chat continues to pick up in action each week. Now there is even more action taking place in there. There are more meetings, more members working on stuff etc.. Join in on the fun and fulfillment.

Today there is an intereview with somebody in the CR field. If somebody can link that here then please do. I have to run for now.

#26 technetium

• 43 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

Bumping this important thread.

chat room

#27 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:46 AM

Heres some interesting chat from todays interview with Aubrey, and then some other miscellaneous. When a lot of people converge in the chat, ideas network, skills get lined up with projects, people progress ideas, get on the same pages, inform, etc... The more we all get in this chat, the more this kind of chat will evolve into more and more projects, and the more people we will get the word out to and get to help even in the chat itself.

04:20 AgeVivo-1146 : Aubrey, 2 weeks ago you wrote "Wait one more week please... two at most..." where you thinking a) of this show, b) of a new paper, c) of the foundation split d) other?
04:21 ustreamer-29904 : their is no such thing as overpopulation
04:21 Teme : http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=18497
04:21 jedimasterlucia : not again....
04:21 aubrey-7153 : Osipov - could be interesting - lots of people are stupidly secretive with new data - hard to tell
04:21 spaceistheplace : sound off
04:21 ustreamer-25206 : No sound again!
04:21 aubrey-7153 : ©
04:21 ustreamer-46715 : what happened
04:21 prophets : if we are going to depend on companies like Microsoft for the technological breakthroughs for longevity than i think humanity is doomed
04:21 aubrey-7153 : lucky I can type really :-)
04:21 silverton : suspect #1: flaky U.S. upstream bandwidth.
04:21 jedimasterlucia : overpuplation, I had a discussion with a friend about it
04:22 ustreamer-46715 : somthing about choice
04:22 aubrey-7153 : well more precisely © followed by the developments that we will be making easier because of ©
04:22 ustreamer-2249 : indeed, typing seems to be getting more than the audio/video
04:22 ustreamer-46715 : i agree
04:22 Eric-3616 : can you all hear the audio or is it just mine that dropped?
04:22 B0gger : suspect#2: too many connections (?)
04:22 ustreamer-46715 : whats c
04:22 grailsearcher : re: overpopulation, since humans > 70% water shouldn't we boom the poulation to offset rising oceans from global warming?
04:22 ustreamer-56455 : Hi. mind here....sorry for the complete and utter technical disaster
04:22 prophets : aubrey - i know you are probably tired of answering supplement questions and vitamin this or that. but there seems to be an uptick in interest in 'hormesis' and molecules like resveratrol/curcumin that are sort of a 'that which does not kill you' makes you stronger/live longer approach ?
04:22 Teme : I think it's working out
04:22 aubrey-7153 : no audio for m weither - I will be so pleased if it's too many connections :-)
04:22 Teme : we should save this text though
04:23 prophets : so what do you think of these kinds of supplements? xenohormetics is what sinclair called them.
04:23 chanadewolf : the problem with voluntary population control is that the only people smart enough to come to the conclusion not to have children are then removing the best genes from the gene pool ;-)
04:23 ustreamer-56455 : getting things going again
04:23 Teme : and post it in the ImmInst forum
04:23 AgeVivo-1146 : thx. About hoaxes: might Zheng Cui 's research be a hoax too?
04:23 ustreamer-56455 : Mind here....many apologies
04:23 ustreamer-56455 : not sure what gremlins are killing the show tonight
04:23 ustreamer-78709 : hwqy
04:23 Jens-8958 : canadewolf - I would not necessarily say best genes, but best memes seems at least as appropriate.
04:23 Eric-3616 : Im wondering if MFURI, now changing names, is for just SENS strategies, or for other strategies to the 7 deadlies
04:24 aubrey-7153 : hormesis is definitely not dumb, but it can only achieve very modest effects in my view - CR and mimetics are the best cases
04:24 ustreamer-78709 : why
04:24 ustreamer-78709 : no show
04:24 ustreamer-8713 : Howcome Mind is having problems with this video ?
04:24 prophets : CR is hormesis in some regards though isn't it
04:24 aubrey-7153 : MFURI is indeed more general than SENS, though centred on SENS
04:24 Eric-3616 : really, thats great news, sort of
04:24 aubrey-7153 : sorry I'm missing some of the qns
04:24 Eric-3616 : I thought that it was just for sens, but that a broad undergrad fund should be set up too
04:24 aubrey-7153 : eric - elaborate
04:25 aubrey-7153 : ah I see - right
04:25 Eric-3616 : well, wouldnt it be better for mfuri to focus on sens
04:25 Eric-3616 : and then get somebody like us, or you under another name, to do it more broadly?
04:26 aubrey-7153 : what's important is to orient undergrads to think in an engineering way, without railroading them. so a balance (SENS-centric, but not SENS-restricted) is best.
04:26 Eric-3616 : either way I guess, just wondering, Ill work with either,
04:26 ustreamer-56455 : getting there
04:26 ustreamer-56455 : mind here...getting there
04:26 aubrey-7153 : I'm not in favour of having too many organisations with virtually identical missions unless they have clearly distinct approaches
04:26 Teme : At Teme, we're focusing on friendliness, principally, facilitating research based on our members' interests
04:26 Eric-3616 : but I was thinking that mfuri would then later fall under a larger umbrella undergrad fund to be developed so it can focus more on sens
04:26 ustreamer-46715 : what do consider to be the best way to study your work
04:27 Teme : obviously the research must be in line with the scientific mission
04:27 ustreamer-55236 : Aubrey - Do you personally hope prolonging life is going to improve us as a whole humanity in desicion making about what our futures' horizon is to be? And what does an improvement in that area really mean to you personally?
04:27 chanadewolf : aubrey: what, if any, promise do you see for support of cryonics research from the same population of those supporting SENS research?
04:27 Eric-3616 : not seperate organizations, but to integrate the larger part later
04:27 chanadewolf : just wondering if, in your experience, there is much overlap at all.
04:27 aubrey-7153 : chana - well, I'm working on it... my public support for cryonics is probably helping
04:28 ustreamer-46715 : excersize
04:28 aubrey-7153 : 55236 - yes I certainly do
04:28 aubrey-7153 : I think it will raise our sights re other hard problems (geoengineering against climate change etc etc)
04:28 Eric-3616 : Aubrey, Im also wondering, besides sens conferences, where do the researchers chat online, just email lists?
04:28 chanadewolf : i'm going to be working on it much more aggressively in the coming months, as well. i'll probably want to ask you a few specific questions by email soon, since you are undoubtedly far more experienced in these matters than i.
04:28 Teme : is anyone saving this chat?
04:28 ustreamer-46715 : from what ages do you recomend 60s plus
04:28 aubrey-7153 : researchers don't chat online (not PIs anyway)
04:28 Eric-3616 : why no forum just for researches to chat about strategies and develop new ones?
04:29 aubrey-7153 : chana - sure, any time
04:29 prophets : professional researchers would be antagonized by people like us
04:29 chanadewolf : go skype go
04:29 ustreamer-93460 : searchers don't chat online (not PIs anyway)? why not? do researchers just stay in labs
04:29 AgeVivo-1146 : do you have news about Zheng Cui?
04:29 chanadewolf : they're too busy!
04:29 aubrey-7153 : eric - they do that at conferences
04:29 s123-1 : At last
04:29 Eric-3616 : right, but they cant be at a conference every month or week
04:30 Eric-3616 : and the internet connects the world
04:30 spaceistheplace : why so prophets?
04:30 aubrey-7153 : Cui - no news no, but there is work going on in our place in Tempe
04:30 chanadewolf : online chat is a terribly time consuming mode of communication
04:30 Jonathan-5652 : Are there any significant advancements made toward life extension in the last 12 months?
04:30 silverton : yes, we can hear abrey now. good work, mind!
04:30 Eric-3616 : I dont suggest they chat in public forums, but in a researcher invite forum
04:30 chanadewolf : ohh...poor chris. i still think of him nearly every day.
04:31 Eric-3616 : my audio just returned
04:31 AgeVivo-1146 : if some want to write down (summarize) what Aubrey says, that'd be great
04:32 Eric-3616 : can you do that? good idea

07:14 John_Ventureville : racist
07:14 mariusz79 : yeah, how many people can name a guy that invented fire?
07:14 feline : Ford was a <say what>
07:14 mariusz79 : or rather discovered how to use it
07:14 Eric-3616 : this is the bottom line, those that wants something go after it, those that dont dont,
07:15 Eric-3616 : we cant get it if we dont go after it
07:15 mariusz79 : do you think in a ten thousand years it will matter what you did?
07:15 Eric-3616 : we cant tell the soldiers that hitler is all powerful and that we probably wont win, we cant tell them that
07:15 Eric-3616 : we cant
07:15 John_Ventureville : bye, folks
07:15 mariusz79 : by John
07:15 feline : It was Urgh or his brother Grunt
07:15 mariusz79 : bye
07:15 mariusz79 : :|o
07:16 feline : yeah, you can do things that matter in 10K
07:16 Eric-3616 : I dont care if it matters what I did or what others did
07:16 mariusz79 : it will not matter to you
07:16 Eric-3616 : I care to stay alive,
07:16 feline : it matters to me as long as i live
07:16 mariusz79 : eric are you doing cr?
07:16 feline : that's all that can ever matter
07:16 mariusz79 : are you part of any cryonics organization?
07:17 feline : so it matters as much and as long as it ever can
07:17 feline : to me
07:17 Eric-3616 : not only can we not tell the soldiers that about hitler, but its not true about hitler
07:17 Eric-3616 : or the grim reaper
07:17 Eric-3616 : or any other challenge
07:17 * feline is lined up for corpsiclezation.
07:17 mariusz79 : well right now grim reaper is winning 100 000 000 000 000 to 0
07:17 Eric-3616 : I work on saving life now, others can work on cryonics
07:18 mariusz79 : and im not sure if he is alone:D
07:18 Eric-3616 : Im too busy scrambling to get in the fighter jet and go fight to stop and make sure my safety ejection seat, cryonics, is installed, I should, I will, but fighting is more important
07:18 feline : fighters fight the fight, complainers complain the complaints
07:18 Eric-3616 : like weve been talking about, 100,000 die a day, if I can do out there and help push this cause ahead by one minute then thats some percent of that 100,000,
07:19 mariusz79 : i told you that this 100k saved is nothing more then a major <censored>
07:20 feline : repetition
07:20 Eric-3616 : its a point in this convo,
07:21 Eric-3616 : fighters fight the fight, like people at imminst, who is complaining?
07:21 mariusz79 : i am
07:21 mariusz79 : :~
07:21 Eric-3616 : whos not fighting?
07:21 feline : yup
07:21 feline : isn't m fighting?
07:21 ustreamer-7270 : IS THE INTERVIEW OBER?
07:21 ustreamer-7270 : OVER?
07:21 mariusz79 : 99.99% of humanity isnt fighting
07:21 feline : OBER IST IT
07:21 Eric-3616 : but they will be
07:21 mariusz79 : no they wont
07:21 Eric-3616 : they cant fight until they know there is a fight going on
07:22 WhiteDragon103 : What's the problem, you guys? Is there something getting in the way between us and radical longevity?
07:22 feline : oh no they wont
07:22 Eric-3616 : for example, how many people that didnt know they were sailing for d day got into higgins boats?
07:22 ustreamer-7270 : was it recorded?
07:22 Eric-3616 : they couldnt get into them because they didnt know about it,
07:22 Eric-3616 : when we tell them, many many more will get in
07:22 feline : they can contribute by paying tax $ but that's about it
07:22 mariusz79 : they were soldiers
07:22 mariusz79 : they had orders
07:22 mariusz79 : and they didnt like them
07:23 Eric-3616 : they were soldiers
07:23 WhiteDragon103 : I hope you guys are not going off on a tangent
07:23 feline : why can't we order people to do good things
07:23 feline : like we can order people to do bad things
07:23 Eric-3616 : recruited by army recruiting stations, (imminst, mf, cel, longevity meme, car, etc..)
07:24 mariusz79 : come one do you think that guy like kurzwail cares about you or me?
07:24 mariusz79 : he's making money
07:24 Eric-3616 : who then joined battilions, (sens, meetings, conference planning, agi uri, fund drives, marketing outreach etc...)
07:24 Eric-3616 : who then joined a coordinated attack on the enemy.
07:24 ustreamer-7270 : do you care about kurzweil?
07:24 feline : it's a trickle down economy
07:24 mariusz79 : off of us, because he knows that the only thing that may save him same day
07:24 mariusz79 : at least give him few more years
07:24 ustreamer-7270 : so what if he is making money?
07:25 Eric-3616 : this isnt a tangent, this is the heart and soul of a part of what this chat is here for
07:25 mariusz79 : nothing, good for him
07:25 mariusz79 : im just trying to point out that we should be realistist no utopists
07:25 Eric-3616 : this would be a tangent in a chat about any of the petty chats that crowd the net, yes
07:25 ustreamer-7270 : any whoo what did aubrey have to say?
07:25 ustreamer-7270 : why has the mfoundation split up?
07:26 feline : the truth please
07:26 feline : is it just some money making scheme that's now about to jump the boat?
07:26 WhiteDragon103 : mariusz - what do you imply by that? We should forget about the important thing and focus on barak obama's new dog?
07:26 feline : or are they in this for real?
07:26 mariusz79 : no of cause not wd
07:27 feline : there seems to be a lot of whining about money going on
07:27 feline : Big money
07:27 Eric-3616 : we are realists,
07:27 WhiteDragon103 : As far as I'm concerned, if something sucks, don't whine, don't <censored> around, do something about it
07:27 mariusz79 : we should organize by creating smaller, leaner organization
07:27 Eric-3616 : I would be a utopiast if I said yes, this will happen in ten years for sure.
07:27 Eric-3616 : I dont say that
07:27 feline : I say 5
07:27 Eric-3616 : I say the more time and dedication we put into this, the more progress we will make
07:28 Eric-3616 : so your right
07:28 Eric-3616 : utopiasm is bad
07:28 mariusz79 : eric its not quantity of work but quality
07:28 feline : qu a li tay
07:28 mariusz79 : and currently we lack both
07:28 Eric-3616 : I agree,
07:28 WhiteDragon103 : Society needs to be changed. Okay, so lets get this <censored> done, eh?
07:29 Eric-3616 : did I say someplace that I hope to get poor quality out of everybody who works with the cause?
07:29 mariusz79 : :~
07:29 feline : gut thing we have money tho
07:29 WhiteDragon103 : Simple as that
07:29 mariusz79 : yeah, wd.. lets//
07:29 mariusz79 : :D
07:29 mariusz79 : have your people call my people:D
07:29 * feline sleeperservice
07:29 WhiteDragon103 : XD
07:29 WhiteDragon103 : Lol
07:29 feline : that's what we need
07:29 Eric-3616 : yes, exactly
07:30 Eric-3616 : so lets, get this, sh it, done
07:30 Eric-3616 : exactly
07:30 Eric-3616 : white dragon
07:30 WhiteDragon103 : There's no debate here, obviously, as to whether or not doing something about this is a good thing. We just need to act
07:30 mariusz79 : better yet
07:30 Eric-3616 : I forget what you do, besides drawings do you do photoshop well
07:30 Eric-3616 : and also video editing?
07:30 feline : getn sh it done is easier said than done, unless you mean pooping
07:31 mariusz79 : lets start new religion, lets promise people that we can save them if they will give us more money

#28 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:30 PM

Ustream has now required that everybody register to chat, so it has died down a bit, but it will pick back up if a dozen + members go there and register. There are a bunch of people in there chatting about projects and stuff right now if anybody is interested.

If so, stop on by, dont be shy, you dont need to be well versed and come equiped with a bunch of great ideas. We can brainstorm and chat. Communication equals progress. The easier it is to communicate, the faster change happens.

#29 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

You can find the chat at imminst.org/chat

Although my favorite place to view it is from imminst.org/tv

You can also find it at imminst.org/meetings

Each page has some different functionality, but its all the same chat room.

#30 Pour_la_Science

• 128 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Is the chatroom always offline ( http://www.imminst.org/tv ) ? I miss the sunday evening update (even if I rarely had the opportunity to see it live).
What about an IRC or a chat maybe once a/two or three week ?

Edited by Pour_la_Science, 04 December 2011 - 05:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users