* * * * * 1 votes

LEEEP

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:13 AM

Imminst is on fire, the members have really been moving, the directors have filled the place with flammables and new members are dropping in like Molotov cocktails left and right. Im not sure that the fire could die out even if we tried. I have little doubt that the forest fire that all of the communities of this great cause have been building toward will be shining through to the entire world in no time.

(official location under construction at the following link)

LEEEP Index

(rough draft version in google doc here)

LEEEP is another log on this fire. Its a list built to help expedite life extension projects collected from life extensionists all around the internet. It has been moving along excellently. We have a lot of great ideas and enthusiastic people working on various aspects of it everywhere most all of the time and we are looking to and continuously building on this ever increasing collaboration of action. If you have a new project then you can suggest it for addition to LEEEP or start developing it just about anywhere in imminst. If you need help finding support and collaboration then a few things you can do are stop by and ask us in the imminst broadcast channels chat room, or contact people in the growing list of volunteers for the cause in general.

We are working on some things to prepare the LEEEP projects for a full move to the official spot in the imminst wiki. If you want be a part of the team that helps manage these projects then let us know. So far me, Kostas, Vgamer, Ceth, Kismet, Agevivo, ModelCadet, JohnVentureville, Nevyl and a few others have been working on some of the technical aspects of the projects development.

Once the list is moved we will be focusing in on other aspects of it. Amongst them is a big promotional campaign that we are pouring a lot of time and energy into, there are many projects being developed around that like lines 23 and 40 of the rough draft of the google doc amongst others. We can always use more insight, the more the better. We will also be working on an official topic for the forums, a persuasive piece to go along with this all and a few other key things.

In the mean time, if you have any ideas, want to join and or want to help discuss this then let us know here or in the imminst broadcast channels chat room. More and more life extensionists are meeting in this chat on a daily basis. I hope to see you there. Onward and upward. To quote Eden Philpotts, "The universe patiently waits for our wits to grow sharper." and along with all the dedicated life extensionists of the world, we dont intend to keep it waiting.

Edited by brokenportal, 15 February 2009 - 06:26 AM.

#2 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

This is excellent news! We should keep it up! Btw, I can start a group on Facebook about the LEEEP projects if you want BP?

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

This is excellent news! We should keep it up! Btw, I can start a group on Facebook about the LEEEP projects if you want BP?

Great idea, it could probably use an official linking banner, what do you think? If you can/want to make one then try it out and post it. We were thinking about posting an index of the projects in different places, but do you or anybody reading this think it would be better to do that, go with a banner linking to the index in the wiki, or something else, like maybe an imminst drupal page, a seperate drupal page, etc... ?

#4 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

This is a great thread. It talks about and links a lot of important topics. I just added my name to the volunteers list here: http://www.imminst.o....php/Volunteers

It looks like we already have a lot of people interested in these projects, which makes me very excited.

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:25 AM

The second project is getting ready to move from the rough draft to the official imminst wiki location soon. Please do get in on more and suggest more projects if you are interested in helping move this projects list along.

#6 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

We were talking about possibly moving this leeep section at the last recorders meeting. I think this section works well where it is here in the forums. I could though see it moving to a sub section with in "Projects". Ide like to see how it will work out in the groups forum function, (forgot what its called exactly) if that gets worked out any time soon and think the list should stay here till then so as not to move it around excessively. These individual projects could also be absorbed back into the projects section in general where they were but I dont think that would work the best. I could handle it all through the project lists google doc source but I would much rather not do that.

On another note, a few of us are prepping for the third project to be launched here soon. Its a big one, if it goes smooth then the potential is there in heaps, it if doesnt go smooth it just may not go anywhere, Im a bit anxious to see how it goes. To be proposed soon.

#7 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:45 PM

brokenportal, ImmInst forums are organised for navigability and effectiveness. A typical forum at this level has hundreds of posts .
We are already breaking that rule with the 'action' forum, but the 'LEEEP' section was an experiment and is not likely to yield the required amount of topics in the next few weeks.
All threads in here are really "internetworking" topics, they should be given their own forum and moved to "teams"
We can move this (single topic!) to subforum level in 'projects' or 'Suggestions & Project Ideas' or pin it somewhere else -please let me know your preference or bring a vote to enshrine the current structure within the next few days.

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

brokenportal, ImmInst forums are organised for navigability and effectiveness. A typical forum at this level has hundreds of posts .
We are already breaking that rule with the 'action' forum, but the 'LEEEP' section was an experiment and is not likely to yield the required amount of topics in the next few weeks.
All threads in here are really "internetworking" topics, they should be given their own forum and moved to "teams"
We can move this (single topic!) to subforum level in 'projects' or 'Suggestions & Project Ideas' or pin it somewhere else -please let me know your preference or bring a vote to enshrine the current structure within the next few days.

This forum will be filling up with topics soon. On the one hand I was advised to slow down and on the other hand Im told that the list isnt growing fast enough. Im getting there, and if you want to see growth here then I can accomodate that and fill it in with the rough drafts we've been planning, from the list in the next two weeks.

I feel your frustration and Im glad you are on top of forums organization. I can assure you that if you continue to let this incubate here that you will see it grow into its large format. It has a lot of crucial components that tie into everything I do.

If this moved from here I would have to find my own small forums for it, put it in my blog, or wait for the groups function that might you might be activating in imminst. That would stifle my momentum and progress, and Im on a roll. Im a bit nervous about this all holding together under the forms of different pressures. Please bear with me. If you really want to change it Im still open to that discussion, but please take these considerations in on the matter. If Im going to put this to a vote then I would much rather do so when a little more progress has been made here. If you want me to do that now then I can do that, but Im not sure thats the best way to go at this point.

#9 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

This would also work as a sub forum in a variety of places, like it had been in, like a sub forum of the projects section, or as a team in the "teams" area.

Im writing it up in a complex preliminary proposal for a longevity communities network. It has a couple different possible scenerios and it could be moved to one of them.

#10 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

This is a rough draft preliminary outline of the plan. In many regards I would much rather wait until it is plotted out in more detail with more research into various aspects of it first, although at the same time I would like to put this idea in motion amongst more life extensionists so it can collect interest, ideas, insights etc.. I also hope that it may possibly help inspire dual visions and or perhaps competing visions. If this prompts somebody to put together a much more elaborate plan then great. We dont need, this vision, we need forseeable progress toward indefinite healthy life extension, however we most expediently and effectively get there.

Leeep Vision:

The leeep vision is to plot out enough projects to help inform a minimum number of targeted people, roughly 200 million, about this cause with in 5 years.

There are a variety of figures that factor in to this all that will continue to evolve. There are also a variety of strategies in leeep that are in continued development and recruitment that work to inform people in certain ways. Once this amount of people is informed, the percentage of people supporting this cause in any of the many possible ways will near its full capacity. That means that we will then have all the professional and skilled help in every area of this cause that we can get. We will have all the funds we can handle, and we can then coordinate this from there. We can then set a new plan to fully support all the research with in another stated amount of years. Like for example, build a lab in every jurisdiction of the world to work with this by the end of the decade, or something like that. A world that is informed about this cause is a world that supports this cause in a much greater percentage. A world whos support for this cause is nearings its full capacity will of course help create all the neccessary conditions for the research to happen nearing its full capacity, which is what we need.

It will take a while to fully develop this but it is progressing as we go. If anybody else wants to work with this then please by all means do.

We have a projects list that is tentatively aimed for 50 projects at this point. As we get time and additional help, we will figure out what it will take for each project to get through to roughly 4 million people. This depends on the project needs, cost, volunteer and paid hours, and other variables. It could change, like for instance, if we find out that it is only viable to get through to around 800,000 people through the internetworking team then we would factor those numbers in to the over all equation of reaching 200 million. We may also factor in estimates of what other indefinite life extension projects are working on getting through to. For instance, if a non leeep project is working to put up 100 billboards across 10 of the biggest world cities then we may factor that in to our multimedia project.

So, as I get time and support Ill be working with the various leeep members, and anybody else who is serious and interested, to compile a list of tentative variables, including but not limited to these:

-world percent aimed for
-cost
-free volunteer hours,
-paid work hours
-recruit strategies
-fund raiser strategies,
-general target markets,
-the top target markets
-general leeep promotion, (which includes the success of its first few team)
-recruiting people with specialized skills where needed for the core team
-factoring this all in to a 5 year plan

Some of these things are developing in different places to different degrees, some have not started yet. I forsee this all coming together by the end of the year, but the more help, the faster it can happen. This is a super preliminary rough draft of the plan. It will be structured and updated as it develops.

Edited by brokenportal, 18 May 2009 - 12:47 AM.

#11 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

I don't know how far the projects have progressed, but if the 2008 elections have taught me anything it's that students are the best way in getting out a word. I propose an interdisciplinary project to get the message of "supporting indefinite healthy life extension" by reaching out to students in high schools, colleges and universities. The best way this could be done imo would be to post fliers (been saying this for years), create H+ chapters (for imminst members who are in school), to help get scientists and speakers to go to different schools for talks, to extend the undergraduate SENS research initiative into maybe an imminst research initiative as well by presenting small grants and scholarships to students. The best thing we can do is

-getting the word out that "it's OK to want to live indefinitely" ... kind of like getting the atheist out of the closet, except we're getting the life extensionist out of the closet
-present students and researchers with opportunities to help out with life extension ... or at least help point them in the right direction

Getting celebrities on our side may also be very beneficial.

I also like the idea of putting up billboards. I've seen electronic billboards which rotate different adds, and I think this may be cheaper then ordinary billboards.

#12 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

I don't know how far the projects have progressed, but if the 2008 elections have taught me anything it's that students are the best way in getting out a word. I propose an interdisciplinary project to get the message of "supporting indefinite healthy life extension" by reaching out to students in high schools, colleges and universities. The best way this could be done imo would be to post fliers (been saying this for years), create H+ chapters (for imminst members who are in school), to help get scientists and speakers to go to different schools for talks, to extend the undergraduate SENS research initiative into maybe an imminst research initiative as well by presenting small grants and scholarships to students. The best thing we can do is

-getting the word out that "it's OK to want to live indefinitely" ... kind of like getting the atheist out of the closet, except we're getting the life extensionist out of the closet
-present students and researchers with opportunities to help out with life extension ... or at least help point them in the right direction

Getting celebrities on our side may also be very beneficial.

I also like the idea of putting up billboards. I've seen electronic billboards which rotate different adds, and I think this may be cheaper then ordinary billboards.

All these projects are great and most are being taken on in some form in leeep. Many are also being taken on in the immint projects section, and various other places around the longevity communities.

To help realize all these projects like you mention, one of the best courses of action is to get in on a project or two to help inspire more to do the same. It can quickly build from there and once we reach a certain point I think it will. Another thing you can do is join the people who are helping organize the project systems, like the leeep core team or the imminst recorders to name a few. I know you already joined a team which I for one, and Im sure others are very excited about. So thanks a million, hopefully a million years, hang in there, I know you will, your one of the more serious life extensionists around here.

Its a rocky ride but if we all hang on, we are on our way up. Like Mind says, if we even keep up with the level of things we have going on now we will be successful, and we are working to add more to the point where progress is happening almost weekly.

Your flyers idea is off the ground. It had a flyers topic that grew and expanded into the art team. Chapters is a very important project too. I cant wait to get into that more, but there are other projects loaded in the barrel right now. I think that if we write "join your local chapter" on flyers we put out locally, and then create a chapters spot at imminst that we can get that going.

#13 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

This would also work as a sub forum in a variety of places, like it had been in, like a sub forum of the projects section, or as a team in the "teams" area.

Yes, thats all I'm asking.

Considering LEEEP is not an ImmInst project, I will set this up in "teams" unless there is some protest?

#14 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

That should work, at least for now, thanks.

#15 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:22 AM

Leeep projects keep becoming assimilated by the teams section. Thats alright though, the big picture of progress for the cause keeps shifting and evolving like a puzzle as it goes. When the next round of puzzle peices shift, the picture will become still more clear and we can continue adjusting for optimal performance. I think I may continue to need these teams for the leeep vision, but we will see how it all pans out as it goes.

There are "Longevity Communities Network" rough draft versions coming soon. There are a couple ways to develop a simple version of this, and there are a couple ways to develop a complex version of this. One simple version involves a front page with links as the central theme. One complex version that we want to run past everybody involves a version of formatting the imminst forums as the central theme. I want to run the "ReinHelix" site through the Longevity Communities Network, and hopefully have the governance structure of the site be some form of sister site to imminst, governed either directly by imminst, or by a project leading crew that creates it while reporting and answering to imminst. Like I said though its complex, all the communities might not come on board, ReinHelix may be run seperately, etc.., The versions are all coming together in the leeep rough draft. These are very important projects to be considered that have been materializing and anylized in various discussions and places for a while now. They fit right in with the flow of the cause and have a lot of potential for helping the cause reach the next levels it needs to get to.

Edited by brokenportal, 23 May 2009 - 02:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users