Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Rebutting xanadu's personal attacks on me

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:16 PM

This is my rebuttal to xanadu's personal attacks on me. I felt I should keep this topic in this forum, as it appears this is where most of xanadu's attacks on me our intelligence reside.

I want some feedback on this. A lot of folks said a lot of stuff along the way to the truth about Edward's deceptive practices in this forum. I can understand many of the perceptions of individuals whom had been tricked by LM/Edward/Unique Nutrition, etc -- so I don't have a grude against most of the negative comments about me made by folks influenced by Edward's negative portrayal of me.

But some current and past comments made by xanadu I find particularly troubling. They might lead me to believe that he is involved with Edward and Unique Nutrition.

Even after Edward's antics had been exposed, evidence presented to the membership here that Edward and "Steve" shared accounts, IPs, the evidence that Edward owns Unique Nutrition, etc. xanadu continued to sew dissent here. I would like to draw attention to the fact that xanadu issued several ad hominem attacks on me (during the LM thing and recently) without any evidence whatsoever to substantiate any of his claims. Which is ironic considering how much evidence we presented to him of Edward's deception and his lack of maturity and display of disrespect for the Leadership here and maybe the mission of the institute.

Here are some examples of xanadu's ad homs on me based on zero evidence:

QUOTE (xandau)
I don't know any facts in this case and am saddened that someone of LM's stature would be forced to leave or involuntarily stripped of his rank. I do know, as many others of us know, that there is a malicious troll on this board. He uses many many names and creates a new one almost every week. He has attacked me and others under a number of those names. I would not be at all surprised if all of them were this adam character who appears to be tradewinds today. He has carried out his mission of sowing dissention and disruption on imminst. Can't anyone stop him?

http://www.imminst.o...9&t=9472&st=100

QUOTE (xanadu)
Looks like the matter has been settled. LM has proven his identity and that he has an MD. Several members have attested to the fact they met him in real life at the place he says he works. He has offered so fax his credentials and people have taken him up on it. What is left to discuss? Only thing remaining is a bunch of newly registered trolls, obvioulsy Adam himself. I believe he is the troll who has been infesting this site with misinformation and malice for some time. He has attacked me among others.

I say restore LM to his former status posthaste, that is if he is still willing to stay. Please stay on, LM, you are a valuable member and source of info. If you won't take back your advisor status, at least post from time to time though I hope to see you here as much as before. Don't let this incident sour you on everything else. Adam is apparently very crafty in the ways of manipulation and we can't blame the people he confused.

Just my 2 cents worth.

xanadu: when have I or someone you suspect and claim is me attacked you? Provide reference to the occurences. Somehow I am confident you won't have any proof or even a link to substantiate this claim.

http://www.imminst.o...9&t=9472&st=220

QUOTE (xanadu)
I'm kinda shocked that LM is still having to defend himself against these accusations after they have basicly been put to rest. He's proven his identity and his MD, even Adam seems to admit that. The rest is childish bickering. I sure would not want to be a moderator on this site after seeing what some of them have to go through. If there were questions about his credentials, that should have been settled before he was given his position, not brought up again later. Is he going to have to defend himself against the same or similar charges again and again indefinately? This is nothing but harrassment. Leadership should declare it ended and ask LM to take back his advisor role.

http://www.imminst.o...t=0
QUOTE (xanadu)
It's interesting how LM is "invited" to respond while at the same time he is banned from posting. Doesn't anyone see the irony in all this? I'm trying to think of some place that does this but I'm not sure. Maybe the old soviet union under stalin they might have done trials like that. I can't even see stalin inviting someone to respond while they had a gag on them. Not if everyone could see and knew the person was gagged. People might laugh out loud but here everyone is serious. He is invited to defend himself but he can't post. He has to hope someone else will post for him. I do not represent LM. I havent spoken with him nor gotten any pm's. I just think this is totally unfair. It's like a show trial in nazi germany or stalin's soviet union. Or the trial in Alice in Wonderland.

At least restore his posting privileges for a few days to respond. How can you have a proper show trial without at least that? I'm sure I'm not the only person to be wondering about these things. If you want any credibility to remain in this process, he has to be allowed to speak. Otherwise it's a farce

Some of xanadu's comments AFTER the Summary of Events [March 10] ( http://www.imminst.o...T&f=1&t=9604&s= ) was exposed:

After we knew of the LM thing, he continued with his BS.

http://www.imminst.o...69&t=9630&st=60
QUOTE (xanadu)
funkodyssey wrote:

"LM = Edward Younan"

And how do you know this? Because of spelling errors or something like that? I'm just trying to sift through all this to find out if there is any solid evidence at all. I'm open to the possibility that LM is not Lee Crost and doesn't have an MD. However, the "proof" of that seems to be a phone call in which someone saying he was Crost denied being LM. Besides that phone call all there seems to be are spelling errors and writing style.

Steve Sliwa now is claimed to be LM based on what, spelling errors? You don't even have a phone call to back that up. And how do you know the one you talked to at Sherwyn's was L Crost? All you have is a voice on the phone. And for that he is called a fraud, accused of identity theft and many other accusations and banned? The proof against Steve is even less than that.

It seems that the $500 LM paid for a lifetime membership is going to be pocketed and his membership revoked. Do you think that anyone else will pay for a lifetime membership after that little move? Do you think it will help or hinder money raising? Try to get a tax deduction for your $50 a year imminst membership. I don't believe the irs considers a membership to be a contribution and the wording on this site does not indicate that. It's payment for a membership. LM paid and got nothing.

I asked what rule LM broke and where that rule is written. It's considered bad form to make up a rule after the fact and then accuse someone of breaking it. No one has given an answer to that or any of the other questions I've asked. All I've seen in the way of proof is a phone call and a lot of speculation. I suppose I'll be banned now for asking too many embarrassing questions. The unwritten rule seems to be that disagreeing with the directors is not allowed.

I was called a professional troll by jay for asking questions and taking LM's side. Steve is threatened with banning and was libeled for doing nothing but sticking up for his friend. LM isn't even my friend, I just tend to root for the underdog and think it's terribly unfair that he isn't even allowed to defend himself any longer. I never saw LM claim to be a doctor so how is that an issue? Steve is the only one allowed to speak for LM and he has not indicated he wants to be that conduit. He has said he is done with this. So I guess now you will say LM "had his chance" to reply through Steve and blew it. I guess you will pat yourselves on the back over how fair you were even though there was no fairness here at all. If I'm wrong, show me the proof LM lied about who he is? Show me where he said he was a doctor in the first place? If he had, someone would have posted a link to the thread.

http://www.imminst.o...9&t=9630&st=120
QUOTE (xanadu)
Thank you, Mind, for having given us some substance to work with

"Edward Younan paid for LM's account.
Steve Sliwa registerd the LM account.
Edward and Steve both claim to be president of Uniquenutrition
Uniquenutrition's IP address has been identical to LM's on several occasions."

I didn't know that and I doubt that many of the regular members knew it either. That does indicate LM and Steve worked closely together but that is not a crime. One could speculate that LM and Steve are the same person but their writing styles are very different so I doubt it.

"Edward has used the "LifeMirage" name in other forums.
Abusive spam accounts (defenders of LM) were registered using UN's address."

How do you know this? You are not in a position to see IP numbers for forums not at Imminst. Nor are you in a position to see other private info on other forums. This sounds like hearsay.

"LM abused moderation powers by deleting dozens (maybe over a hundred) of old incriminating posts, among other infractions."

How do you know they were incriminating if they are gone? Do you have copies?

"At least three people talked to Lee and he denied being LM. I also talked to the Sherwyn's staff to confirm this series of events."

"LM allowed people to think he was a doctor in his "LifeMirage anti-aging and nootropic regimen" thread. When asked to clear it up, he wouldn't until after 4 weeks. This "misrepresenting" thread will be published soon, although LM did delete some of it before it was archived."

Allowing people to think what they want is not the same as claiming to be a doctor. I've never seen any posts where LM claimed to have an MD or be a doctor. Telling leadership in private that he had an MD, if he indeed said that, is grounds for taking away his advisor status. I see no reason for the nasty personal attacks he has suffered nor for the move to ban him. If he never told us, the general members, that he was a doctor, why should he be banned if it turns out he is not a doctor?

Is it a violation of the rules for 2 people to share an account? Where are the rules he violated? Is it a violation of the rules to let people think what they want? I simply do not see where LM hurt anybody. Leadership is implying he either defrauded people out of something or hurt people. I never saw him do it.

How can you accept money for a lifetime membership, keep the money and revoke the membership? One or the other must be returned to LM or whoever paid for it. Taking money on false pretenses is fraud right there. I'm not saying Imminst commited fraud but statements by certain directors and others indicates that is about to happen. Hopefully, it will not happen.

I just want to see fairness brought into this whole debacle.

QUOTE (xanadu)
"Then apparently you need to do more research before defending this charlatan."

Why is it no one has given a link to such a post (having MD)? No one has stated they remember him saying it either.

QUOTE (xanadu)
Using the word "patients" does not mean he's a doctor. A diet councilor might refer to his clients as patients. Not replying to a direct question about if he is a doctor is not the same as claiming to be one. What scott or others said is not relevent to what LM claimed to be. You haven't shown that he claimed to be a doctor or that he told the public he had an MD.

http://www.imminst.o...9&t=9630&st=140
QUOTE (xanadu)
If he said "my fellow MD's" then that implies a doctor but he did not come out and say it. Besides, you haven't proven he doesn't have an MD. You don't know for sure who he is. You are going by hearsay.

Where is the rule written that he broke? I never saw a rule saying that if you let people think you are a doctor, you have to be a doctor or be banned. People might think I'm the governor of Maryland. I'll just let them think what they want. My fellow governors...

" A signed confession..."

Or at least tell us what rule he broke and how you proved it. Phone conversations are hearsay and you don't know for sure who you spoke to.

" LifeMirage is banned for one year. After that, he can have his membership restored to its lifetime status."

Banned for a phone call, for implying he had an MD, or for being friends with Steve? And Steve is going to be banned for being friends with LM and/or using the same account? Is that in the rules? What other hidden rules are there that we don't know about? I just want to get the facts straight.

xanadu: your most recent comment is this:

QUOTE (xanadu)
Adam, I never attacked you at any time. I pointed out a long time back that you were trolling under new names but everyone knew that. Not an attack, just an observation. And what has dredging up LM to do with this conversation?

You have attacked me, with ZERO evidence. Now, I ask you to present any evidence that might suggest I ever trolled here (oh, and please define troll!) or that "everyone knew that."

Bring up LM has a lot to do with your credibility. You will be accountable for your comments. Now support them with the same evidence you required to change your view about the LifeMirage fiasco or let your credibility remain in the dredges it currently resides.

What made you change your opinion and stop cheer-leading on behalf of Edward? Show us the "evidence" that changed your mind. Or do you still hold to your previous "theory?"

I invite any comments. :)

Peace.

#2 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:28 PM

Adam, you are becoming boring. You clearly want to dredge up the LM affair whether it has anything to do with the subject at hand or not. Is the fact you brought down LM the high point of your life? Get over it.

I have not attacked you and only pointed out that you used many troll names. Do you deny it? Many of the regulars here know you have done that a lot.

Have you forgotten so quickly that I was one of the few who said lets let Adam peddle his stuff on this board? Yes, I supported you in that because more choice is better for consumers. There weren't too many others taking that point of view, I may have been the only one to say it. But now, its convenient to attack me so none of that matters any more. Do you get like this every summer?

I am not going to reply to you any more unless you tell outrageous lies that must be corrected. Spin your self into a frenzy if you wish. No doubt, new names will appear that attack me. I will ignore them as well. Bye.

#3 doug123

• Topic Starter
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

You can say "Bye" all you want, but you will be accountable for your comments.

I bring up the LM thing because your credibility went down the drain with his when you defended him after we knew of his extensive deception. :) I can understand confusion BEFORE the fraud was exposed, but your conduct was a continual display of disrespect for the intelligence of the membership and leadership of this forum.

You have attacked me, with ZERO evidence. Show me the evidence that I have attacked you as I have presented evidence to support my claims. Otherwise, please do not comment any further. I ask again: what made you "change your mind" about LM's true identity? We would like to know. Your prerequisite for evidence must be very compelling, so we would all like to know your methodology.

The only alias I used to any serious extent -- yassir yemek -- was to raise awareness about Edward's BS and other fraud circling in this forum. That was LAST SUMMER. Do I deny your claim that I made new aliases every week. Yes. Now support your accusations with some evidence.

I have my opinions, and I support them with evidence. I don't care for or want an individual with your credibility endorsing my company, that's for sure. That would be like sinking my own ship.

Peace. [thumb]

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

Adam, the "personal attacks" were issued months ago, and in completely different circumstances. They have no current relevance, other than you holding a grudge on xanadu because of them. Unfortunately, ImmInst WILL NOT endorse personal wars or flaming.

In future you guys will have to solve your disagreements on whatever issues you have with logic and argumentation, not ad hominem attacks.

This thread is going to the catcher.

• Lurker

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:05 PM

Adam, like any other member here, is entitled to the right of rebuttal. Furthermore, he acted on my advice to initiate a new topic for his rebuttal and thus not derail existing threads.

Ad hominems, however, will strictly not be tolerated. You are strongly advised to exercise strong self-moderation if you are to have the opportunity to defend your ideas and character. This is the last warning I can give you on such matters after which the moderators here will act according to their obligations and view of what is appropriate content. This is the last time I will intervene.

Once more: if you have a legitimate rebuttal, exercise it, but only once you are sure it does not contain an ad hominem attack.

#6 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:18 PM

I missed Guiding Light on Friday. Thanks for the woman drama.

#7 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (opales)
Adam, the "personal attacks" were issued months ago, and in completely different circumstances. They have no current relevance, other than you holding a grudge on xanadu because of them. Unfortunately, ImmInst WILL NOT endorse personal wars or flaming.

In future you guys will have to solve your disagreements on whatever issues you have with logic and argumentation, not ad hominem attacks.

This thread is going to the catcher.

Ditto. I agree totally with opales

regarding the posts....I didn't really see any direct personal attacks Adam. You could equally say that you posted this topic to attack xanadu to help you deal with some residual issue.

If this doesn't get sent to the catcher then send it to the 'seriously off topic' lounge.

#8 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (shepard)
I missed Guiding Light on Friday. Thanks for the woman drama.

That is the funniest thing I have seen all day, thanks for the laugh shepard.

• Lurker

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

My $0.02 worth:

Some of the smartest people in our community were completely deceived by LM. The profound malice behind his intent was highlighted when rather than coming clean or staying away he took advantage of the rift that manifested not only amongst members but amongst leaders. Worst still was the betrayal that many members and nootropics users who came to rely on what they saw as a reliable and credible source of information must have felt when they realised the extent of fraud that had been perpetrated by this man. That this is an individual devoid of any moral compass is exemplified by his defiance to acknowledge any wrongdoing and in his continued perpetration of fraud on www.brainmeta.com as user LifeMirage and www.mindandmuscle.net as user uniquenutrition. It is therefore understandable that resentment may continue to exist and that people may feel a need to vent.

It is also important, however, to acknowledge that we were all fooled and that when we disagreed with each other that it was based on the deception that we were all victim to. In this light I would urge that comments made during that heated time be contextualised accordingly and given far less weight.

Adam did a great service to all nootropic users when he provided the initial impetus for LM's exposure. He did this despite having his own credibility in tatters and he did it selflessly and without malice. It would be in keeping with this spirit if past differences were regarded as forgiven.

#10 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:51 PM

It would be in keeping with this spirit if past differences were regarded as forgiven.

Indeed -- you know what we need here? A virtual group hug. Come on boys, don't be shy.

*group hug*

[lol]

#11 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

In the same vein as what Prometheus said, please keep in mind a few points:

- Some members have tendency to distrust leadership, with a sort of "stick it to the man" kind of attitude.

- Some members were apparently very embarrassed that they had been taken in by LifeMirage's deception, especially after they had continued to defend him long past the point of reasonable doubt. Such individuals were attempting to find any inconsistencies in leadership or any shred of evidence that was false or inconsistent in order to justify their own irrational and unreasonable positions.

Such individuals were very embarrassed, and whether they can even admit it to themselves (I kind of doubt they can; the ability to lie to one's self about matters like this is an important psychological protective barrier), they've gone to great lengths to try to justify their own actions and bring down others they feel were responsible for the loss of their previously consistent worldview. Such targets included leadership and Adam Kamil (but at times even some of the other members), since they were the ones that cast the light of day on the cockroach* in our midst.

Adam, cut Xanadu some slack, he was just embarrassed and ashamed of his actions, and he was trying desparately to bring others down to make himself feel better. Let the bad feelings die with this thread.

* If it wasn't obvious, LifeMirage was the cockroach.

#12 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:36 PM

BTW, if anyone thinks calling xanadu "embarrassed and ashamed" is ad hominem, consider that the alternative reasonable explanations for his actions were that he was a forum troll or that he was in cahoots with LifeMirage. I'm choosing the more favorable view here, giving xanadu the benefit of the doubt.

#13 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:37 PM

meow

#14 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

#15 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:48 PM

That's awesome!

#16 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:48 PM

Where'd you get that pic, and is it public domain?

#17 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:50 PM

lol

#18 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

It just brings a smile to my face each time I come back to this page. [lol]

#19 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

Where'd you get that pic, and is it public domain?

Not sure. I randomly collect avatars that catch my eye. :)

I also showed this one to Justin earlier today. I'm sure you've seen it before...

#20 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:02 PM

I really do like the crazy cat one though. You're right Jay, something about it really cracks me up.

#21 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

Chances are most pics one comes across may be found via Google Images. The cat one for instance with the query cat machine gun.

#22 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

You're right Jay, something about it really cracks me up.

I know what it is. It's the absurdity of it - kind of like this entire thread. [sfty]

#23 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:16 PM

Chances are most pics one comes across may be found via Google Images.

In thinking about it, I believe I snagged it off of someone posting on a rock climbing forum. :) But google images is also quite effective at find these types of things.

#24 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:28 PM

#25 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:17 PM

“The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

[lol]

#26 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

Indeed, Don.

"Anyone desperate enough for suicide . . . should be desperate enough to go to creative extremes to solve problems: elope at midnight, stow away on the boat to New Zealand and start over, do what they always wanted to do but were afraid to try." ~ Richard Bach

#27 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:43 PM

stow away on the boat to New Zealand and start over

"No matter the distance traveled, one can never escape oneself." ~ Don Spanton

#28 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

"All is laughable." ~ Nate Barna

#29 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

*Don nods*

#30 doug123

• Topic Starter
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

I try to respect all the members and leaders of this organization.

No one wants to hear about Edward anymore until he comes clean. We all know that.

But a lot of folks here said negative stuff about me in my absence -- in a public forum.

I don't really hold a grudge on these individuals given they either apologize or recognize they were incorrect; or at least recognize that the source of the negative portrayal was an individual with a less than honest agenda. Hell, I've been in public sh*tfights with individuals in this forum whom I learned to respect and now consider some my friend.

The reason why I brought this topic up was to to attack xanadu's personal attacks on me rather than attack him. I also could not let linger the possibility that I had attacked him and made a new troll every week. If he was so convinced I did this, I want to see the evidence. It is a bad prerequisite to allow people to make accusations or claims that might be damaging to one's credibility without clarifying they were baseless.

I primarily just wanted to set the story straight. The reason I brought this issue up was to accentuate that I do not appreciate Xanadu's personal attacks that he has been recently integrating into his posts; such as:

http://www.imminst.o...=0

QUOTE (xanadu)
I never see you knock anyone else let alone babble about heavy metals. You give us both sides of the picture, not just hype to boost sales.

I also found it somewhat insulting and offensive that he continued to disregard the facts presented by the leadership of this organization after we knew of the deception. I want to know the "turning point" in xanadu's perception of the LM thing.

The leadership here are public servants, with no purpose other than to fight aging AKA "involuntary death." To suggest that they would make fake data to mislead us was a little bit annoying and made an already difficult issue more divisive. I would expect an explanation and apology from him considering his comments.

When I talked sh*t about other people, or acted out of line, or ended up being wrong on an issue, I try to set the record straight by publicly apologizing and admitting I was wrong.

I don't want to comment on this besides to resolve the attack on my credibility -- and also the direct attack on the credibility of the leaders of this organization.

I have known some for a couple of years, and expect to for many years going forward.

Peace.

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)